It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Police Say Package Bomb Explodes at Public Office in Capital Rome, Injuring 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Italian Police Say Package Bomb Explodes at Public Office in Capital Rome, Injuring 1

abcnews.go.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.pennlive.com
www.montrealgazette.com

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The details are vague since it just happened but I bet this is associated with the letter bomb in Germany earlier this week that an Italian anarchist group claimed responsibility for. It will be interesting to see if they claim responsibility for this blast too.

I will update as more details are available.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Anymore news on this ?

Post to give this thread the needed attention

Ty for post OP

S&F

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

Here is an update.

ROME –  DEVELOPING:  A parcel bomb exploded at a public building in Rome, injuring one person, police said Friday.

The explosion happened at offices belonging to the tax-collecting organization Equitalia in Via Andrea Millevoi, in the center of the Italian capital.

The bubble-wrapped parcel was part of a regular mail delivery, Sky Italia TG24 reported. The director of the office suffered injuries to the hand and eye.

Investigators were said to be treating the attack as an act of terrorism.

On Thursday, an Italian anarchist group claimed responsibility for a functional letter bomb sent to the CEO of Deutsche Bank and indicated there may be two more explosive packages still out there.

Investigators said they found a hidden, rolled-up letter, written in Italian, in the envelope addressed to Deutsche Bank CEO Josef Ackermann from the FAI, or Federazione Anarchia Informale (Informal Anarchist Federation).

The letter claimed responsibility for the planned attack on Ackermann and referred to "three explosions against banks, bankers, ticks and bloodsuckers."

The FAI has claimed responsibility for several attacks in recent years against European institutions, including a letter bomb sent to the European Central Bank in Frankfurt in 2003.

FOX

edit on 9-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Why attack the tax office directly I wonder, when its the banks that needs sorting out?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
thanks for update, But my spider sences tingle whenever i hear stuff like " an anarchist group"
or " the rebels".

I bet the pope didn't see that one comming on his Ipad

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I don't know much about this group or their intentions but here is a link to their Wiki page.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I also get suspicious when anarchist, rebel, or terrorist groups get blamed. It's usually the government who benefits from this type of attack by having a reason to implment new laws for our "security".

Not much we can do other than wait for more details.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This will probably lead to extra security precautions in the EU. Does anyone know if this group has any links to the Norway bomber? He said there were more attacks on the way.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Yes because we all know that there are no such things as anarchists or anarchist groups. And lord knows that ANYONE who believes in an anarchist ideology would never consider actual violence. It must be a CIA/Mossad/MI6/DeltaForce/Spetnaz/NWO/Annunaki based conspiracy to take down the Italian tax structure, because of the high taxes and no work.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I also get suspicious when anarchist, rebel, or terrorist groups get blamed. It's usually the government who benefits from this type of attack by having a reason to implment new laws for our "security".

Not much we can do other than wait for more details.

Well it definitely stinks. It could be as you said and since one person died it could be that the powers wanted this person dead only. Maybe he knew too much and squealed to someone. Then blamed it on some group. Italy has been owned by the Mafia for a while. They have things perfectly under control.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

You seem to be closed minded. Personally I'm open minded and willing to look at it from all perspectives.

It's too early to speculate but if you had taken the time to research this group as I have you may had noticed that this groups agenda seems suspicious and that their actions tend to benefit certain groups.

Thanks for contributing your sarcastic diatribe though

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
no news yet on my local online newspaper?, odd.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

I'm not aware of anyone getting killed according to the reports I have seen. Perhaps this person was targeted as you mentioned. There was a similar bomb found in Germany recently and supposedly the group I mentioned claimed responsibility. This group is supposed to have also claimed that there are more bombs in circulation.

Of course the media is known to peddle any BS that they're told.

I find it peculiar that these financial institutions are being targeted during the Euro crisis. It certainly leaves me thinking about a possible distraction.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Here is a tweet confirming what I suspected would happen:

Police in Italy letter bomb probing possible links to Italian anarchist group that claimed credit for thwarted Deutsche Bank attack - @AP

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Here is a tweet confirming what I suspected would happen:

Police in Italy letter bomb probing possible links to Italian anarchist group that claimed credit for thwarted Deutsche Bank attack - @AP

No. A real attack doesn't get thwarted. Smoke and mirrors my friend unless you can argue this.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I have nothing to argue at this time. I agree, it's always about the smoke and mirrors. Usually nothing is as it seems, especially when it comes to the media and governmental establishment.

We will be able to make more educated hypothesizes once we see which spin the decide to add to this story.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Talk about a terrorist fail.

They went through all that trouble to make a bomb and plant it in a government building and all they did was injure one guy.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I have nothing to argue at this time. I agree, it's always about the smoke and mirrors. Usually nothing is as it seems, especially when it comes to the media and governmental establishment.

We will be able to make more educated hypothesizes once we see which spin the decide to add to this story.

That brings up an interesting thought. Maybe we grassroots can learn to circumvent the propaganda by coming up with a protocol or flow chart based on categories of information. Do you know of anything like that of its kind? Maybe a professor that specializes in information or another ATSer here or yourself? Possibly a new forum dedicated to such. Using the example I had with just one person killed can be an example of a "hit" as opposed to a hope of killing many indiscriminately and whether it's meant to be a message or an elimination. You know?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The media is announcing who the injured victim is:

Officials at the Equitalia agency said the blast shattered a glass desktop causing hand and eye injuries to director Marco Cuccagna.

BBC

I wonder if they were targeting the director? The German bomb had a target.

new topics

top topics

join