It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Quite Happy, Then I Found ATS....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
...So I question:

Isn`t life purpose to simply live it the best way we want and can, without any fear ?

Do you prefer to live under ignorance but happy or under the constant anxiety and worries that knowledge can provoke you ?

What`s knowledge anyway when we live in an universe of relativity, possibility and uncertainty ?

I`m glad that I found ATS though

edit on 9-12-2011 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

So many questions right?

We all have that feeling at some time...after ATS though...we question our questions!

I think to live happy and with true joy...we need to know that life is not the picture we were painted...but instead the picture we are painting!

Without knowing....we are a bliss....so in knowing we are set free with a new set of ideas and a new canvas!

Your fine....just adjusting and coming to life....paint a new picture!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
If ATS is making you anxious, you should stop reading! I am this way with the news - I have to walk away when I start to get upset.

My every day life is quite happy, and I'm blessed beyond imagination. Two healthy, beautiful kids and a good spouse? All of us healthy? No outstanding needs? What more is there?

Nothing I have learned about on ATS has changed any part of my life. None of it has affected me personally. I love to read about it, love to argue... but on a personal level, this is all esoteric. It isn't related to my day-to-day.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I find that whenever I'm feeling mildly anxious and unsure why, ATS allows me to manifest these feelings into curiosity, and reminds me I'm not alone in this confusing, something-not-quite-right world. Being able to discuss world events with like-minded individuals all across the planet as they happen in real-time is pretty cool, really.

But your point still holds some truth. John and Jill Smith need to stop being so damn afraid of everything.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Id rather know that tptb are still enslaving us today, than think everything's o.k.

My yester-ignorance is what allows the above to happen, so any person saying they were happier with their 3rd eye closed, needs to keep reading and understand the implications of having that knowledge oppressed.

If you dont like the way ATS run, then go find some books which will help you find some other knowledge.

Heres my top 6 books that i recommend to everybody:

The awakening Of Intelligence, by Jiddu Krishnamurti

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
You know, you've hit on something here. They say ignorance is bliss....and to an extent I guess it is. But knowledge is power as well. I guess you have to hit a happy medium. I have found myself thinking about this a lot lately. Remember when you were a child and you didn't know (or care) about certain dangers? If you wanted to do something, you just DID it! When we get older, we stop and weigh the dangers first. That's why many of us have happy memories of childhood....the innocence and freedom of it. There IS such a thing as information overload I guess.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I can this from the perspective of the OP...

But for me..

I would way rather know the truth. Even if the truth means that the world is an ugly place where terrible things happen everyday. I think awareness is key and far too many people are living in a state of unawareness. Too many people are complacent.

Knowing the truth keeps me grounded, it makes me value the important things in life.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
reply to post by AQ6666

So many questions right?

We all have that feeling at some time...after ATS though...we question our questions!

I think to live happy and with true joy...we need to know that life is not the picture we were painted...but instead the picture we are painting!

Without knowing....we are a bliss....so in knowing we are set free with a new set of ideas and a new canvas!

Your fine....just adjusting and coming to life....paint a new picture!

Knowledge is power, it's not a way to be set free, it is a good way to control others and things around you.
Freedom is doing what you want regardless of knowledge.

Half the stuff this world teaches us is useless if the world crashed around us tomorrow. Heart and freedom is more important to me then knowledge, even though I am a knowledge seeker.

Welcome to ATS, try not to take it too seriously.

I love how people try to get all Nietzsche with their replies. LOL.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

Knowledge is power, it's not a way to be set free, it is a good way to control others and things around you.

What???

Knowledge is power so I am going to stick around and see how much knowledge I can gain...sounds like a misnomer to me!

I will insult others posts because they have not the knowledge I have...you sound hypocritical there pal!

Maybe I should welcome you to ATS EspyderMan...maybe you need to hang out a bit longer before common courtesy and respect sets in!

Try not to quote my posts....if you cant come up with something to say just PM me and I will help you along!

new topics

top topics

join