It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy SanFran. SFPD Sargeant tells officers "If they do not do what you tell them, strike them."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Everyone can watch and make up their minds for themselves.

boingboing.net...

The cops are really pushing it. Support the protesters or not, it is undeniable that cops have used, and continue to use, excessive force against peaceful protesters.

I don't want to get into arguing over Occupy or the nutty conspiracies people have about it. It is a bunch of Americans that don't like how things are for them. Nothing more American than exercising the rights they are exercising. I just want opinions on the cops, the treatment of the protesters, the future of cops in the U.S., and what do you guys think about this order in particular?

edit on 9-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I find it interesting that California, which is generally considered the most liberal and progressive of our states, also seems to be the most oppressive.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I've always thought it was a strange state too. Like it's always on the cusp. On one hand it's always nearing being that progressive enlightened state, and on the other a totally oppressed hole.

In all of the places I have considered living and throughout my life, I don't think I have ever thought I wanted to live in Cali. Visit sure, but live.. nah.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The sad aspect of it is that they will get away with it. It's all part of the plan really, push and push and push until the people just can't take it anymore and push back. Then they claim that they are terrorists or extremists or whatever title they decide that day, and then out comes the real brutality to stop the movement alltogether. Even worse the general population has been brainwashed so thoroughly that they will side with the government because they are told to. Thinking that the peaceful protesters are criminal fits better with the "reality" the powers that be feed people than thinking that the government has a less-than-altruistic agenda.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

Yeah. I have definitely considered that they are trying to root out a certain group of people. Kind of like revolutionary first responders. Know what I mean?

You are right too, the people have been dumbed down so to circumvent the systems that the nation was founded on that were organized to keep us safe. Recently in my home town, an unnamed company was paying volunteers to come and "take a test" which turned out to be a mock trial. I can't say their name, but it was that evil one we all know, chemicals/ag. It was shocking how their lawyers manipulated people.

One thing that got the people on the businesses side was the lawyer (who didn't tell how big the corporation was and spoke to make it seem like a small private business that would be hurt by the lawsuits) said "should the people that run this company today have to pay for the damages caused (to people he didn't say) by the company when it was owned by other people?" Of course the people there bought right in. If they were on the fence about whether or not the plaintiffs were just out for a payday before, after the lawyer made it seem like decent business owners would be hurt the dumb jury was eager to decide in their favor.

Sucks man.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
wow - i love these times...the 50 years loop and nobody realizes it...its like nazi germany is now in america and we have color footage in hd...so sad nobody realizes it....all the people just think by nazi germany about jews in auschwitz...if you exclude this - its all the same: violence against "protesters" [non nazi-people], wars of aggression, depression, extrem propaganda and so on....the 50 years loop....

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The problem is that when he says "strike them", he probably means give them a good bop on the shoulder. This would hurt, but it may be within the realms of the law, and wouldn't be too harsh of a thing to gain compliance.

But what is actually going to happen is that the officers will "strike" people, and when natural reflex and totally unconscious defense moves kick in like putting up their arms, they will be struck again for "noncompliance". And they will be beaten black and blue.

It's funny that this is a common tactic amongst child abusers; they beat the children all the harder for even the most basic and instinctual defense moves. This is one of the most insidious of all the mental abuses that go along with physical abuse.

Reflexive and unconscious reactions are considered noncompliance and signs of aggression. This means that the police are engaging in psychological abuse of the populace.

As far as I'm concerned, this means that the police that engage in these sort of activities are terrorists.
edit on 9-12-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Yep.. you are actually not far off. If there were to be another attack and FOX and other propaganda stations pushed it, the U.S. could very well achieve that nationalistic, xenophobic status, it will be against Muslims though, and ironically the Jewish people in Israel will be helping the very one sided wars waged in Syria, Pakistan, Iran and so forth. The civilian deaths would resemble a holocaust. Meanwhile protesters home will be locked up or blacklisted.

Dramatized scenario, but we are just a few plays from something like this happening.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
That's similar to the humanitarian logic of Mr. Blonde.

"[color=E8FFBF]If they hadn't done what I told 'em not to do, they'd still be alive."

[color=A3A3A3]Final quote in this↑ vid, starting around 0:55

edit on 12/9/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

If he meant that though, he should have clarified. Unless he is ok with being held responsible for that officer whose personal idea of "strike" is a something bit more violent than intended.

I hate how the system is set up to ruin citizens lives if they defend themselves. If a cop hits you unjustly I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to hit them back? If they do worse then you should be able to as well. If a cop starts beating you and you hit them, the fact they were stomping you goes out the window and you get locked away for assaulting an officer. American's are really getting fed up, and honestly starting to hate police. They need to be kissing our asses lest the forget who we are.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
"I don't want lunch, I want breakfast."

Hopefully that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I kinda feel bad for the cops, but they're being pressured into this. The sock puppet government knows that unless the population goes along with them shifting all Wall Street losses onto taxpayers, the entire house of cards collapses. They're in a panic, and will do ANYTHING to curb protests. It's essentially a police state now, and the US is turning into a 3rd world country fast.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I don't find that surprising at all actually.. well, perhaps I'm surprised the cops don't say "It's for your own good" while beating people, but other than that totally normal.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I think that should go the other way also then.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
i think what u should be worried about is the chant about if you do what your told you don't have to walk to the death camps, you dont have to go to the death camps, walk to the death camps??? wow that is truly messed up, they know they are hurting the Americans but probably so they don't die themselves, or maybe their families, as soon as this....... whatever its called will be passed to arrest and keep anyone for anything, these people will dissapear and never be seen again in the fema camps!! it all ready to go down and as a Canadian im a be watching closely to see if i go north or not!!! Canadian north is definitely liveable u can live off the land in a mountian cave hutt!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It's really sad to see the cops just ignore them and stonewall them. They can't even speak to them or treat them like a human being, they just stand there like mindless robots and refuse to engage in the most basic level of conversation. They follow orders like good little minions, and don't think twice about it.

The guys he was filming didn't look happy about it though. You can look at that guys face who he's filming and see that the whole thing seems to have him disturbed. On the surface, they might look like baton wielding thugs who just want to crack your skull with a baton, but deep down you can reach them. You know he's thinking about how wrong the order is by looking at his eyes.

Cops are people too, and while some of them will blindly accept any order they're given like some sort of Nazi war criminal, others will come to their senses and realize these are just Americans protesting a corrupt governmnt that's out to harm everybody in the long run, cops included.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

You can bet they are told to act that way too. If they were caught on camera having a casual conversation they would probably face more of a punishment than being caught beating someone. It's scary, because that detachment is what leads to a real problem, when they can't connect with the people they aren't going to feel sympathy for them either.

Definitely isn't going to get any better.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The police have become a sort of quasi military force patrolling in enemy held areas. Unfortunately it's not Iraq or Viet Nam that they're operating in it's our city streets and neighborhoods.

So long as all you do in life is stay in the herd you'll never notice this, step outside of that herd and you're fair game.

Having lived east and west I can say that yes, California cops are the worst.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Yes, they have been trained as a force against the people rather than a supporting unit for the people.
So far the worst I have encountered have been in Ohio. Awful cops in Ohio.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I wish I understood the point of this. As brutal as the police admittedly are, they themselves are not the ultimate source of the problem. Why are Occupy wasting their time in conflict with them, when they could be doing vastly more productive things?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join