It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing will happen, Stop fear mongering please.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ztruthseeker
I cant say what will or wont happen... but when people say 'nuclear weapons', do you think mushroom clouds like in the cold war propaganda films? Nuclear weapons have changed. They are tactical nukes. Much smaller, and much more precise.

And you stil get them strait back at ya.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The real thing here is 'That something always happens, just not when we predict it'

The element of surprise is predictable.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I wonder how many times that has been said in the past and then....

Seriously mate, open your eyeballs

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The US is almost out of cash. The war will be fought for the right to the Reserve Currency.

It is not like the Cold War.

It is like just before WW2.

Something will happen.

And soon.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ztruthseeker
I cant say what will or wont happen... but when people say 'nuclear weapons', do you think mushroom clouds like in the cold war propaganda films? Nuclear weapons have changed. They are tactical nukes. Much smaller, and much more precise.

They are very precise and tactical now...thank god they are so much safer than they were twenty years ago....NOT!

If nukes are used today it would be ten times worse than it was in during the cold war era...your make it sound like a mole hill into a mountain instead of a mountain into a mole hill!
edit on 9-12-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I agree 100% but the idiots on ATS think every news article for the last 10 years meant war next week and it still hasnt come. This board is full of false prophets.

ATS spreads terrorism like NO other website out there. But the idiots on here think its the gov't who spreads terror then the same people come on here and start all sorts of fearmongering "prediction" (aka terror) threads themselves. So who is the bad guy now?

Ive posted new threads on this website before only to have ATS remove them. You are all sheeple on here and this website is run by the government.

Originally posted by rationalistswagger
Nothing will happen. If nothing happened during the cold war where people were more bitter than they are now, what makes you think something will happen now?
I wish we could make bets, i'd like to wager one.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

what makes you think something will happen now?

September 11, 2001 - New York, Washington D.C

Madrid, Jakarta, London, Baghdad, Tripoli, Kabul, Tel Aviv, Gaza, Beirut, Moscow, Islamabad, Ankara...

protests in every country on the planet.

NOTHING IS HAPPENING?

They are fighting in the Middle-East for decades, if not CENTURIES already. There is not more craziness going on right now than in the past. Terrorism is also something we have for a long, long time already. Of course, you Americans where blind since it needed 9/11 to "awaken"....while other countries dealt with terrorism for a looooong time already.

As for "protests"..they are a joke! There were some very lazy decades where people just didn't give a # in the 80, 90s and 2000s...and now they are voicing their opinions which is NORMAL for a fricking DEMOCRACY.

People in a healthy democracy should and always will voice their opinions, this is the whole idea! And..you are insulting anyone in the 60s or 70s demonstrating about Vietnam..a whole society/culture was born from "protests" back in the 60s and 70s.

It's funny how you doom-sayers and negative thinkers always need straws to think that your "prophecies" might become true.
edit on 9-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

reply to post by flexy123

While I don't disagree that people on ATS scare incredibly easy, I'd like to ask you to really think hard about what you are saying. Have you been paying attention at all to the world around you lately? Have you realized how much money it costs to fill your car with gasoline? Have you realized how much money is coming out of your paycheck each month? Have you noticed how everyday other countries opinion of the United States is declining? Noticing how much more and more and more we are owing loaner countries each day?

Are we really going to sit here and ignore this and say "things aren't that bad, and they are nowhere near as bad as they have been?"
edit on 9.12.2011 by Shugo because: Addressed two members

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

No america can never be broke as they print there own money. Inflation may be through the roof but america will never be broke that you can be sure of.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i REALLY wish people would stop using the proetsts as civil unrest here in the US... its a bunch of lazy kids lets just be honest... but NO I get what the OP is saying... every generation is like this.... World's gonna end blah blah blah

and id be on the OPs side of this bet...

good job

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't think you've thought this thread out too well. The Cold war was the cause of: the Korean war, the Cuban missle Crisis, the Hungarian uprising, Prague Springs and the Berlin Blockade. 3 out of 5 of these resulted in a huge loss of life, people were starving in Berlin and the overthrow of democracy in Cuba ended with the Bay of Pigs fiasco. You say nothing happened, history says different. I agree that some on here are fear mongering, however, there are issues going on in the world that need to be discussed, Israel and Iran/Syria could be the catalyst for another potential war. No one would use nuclear weapons because as others have mentioned, it would end all life on earth and there would be no winners. The type of war I'm talking about would be where the fighting is done in the areas of Israel, Syria and Iran. No one has declared all out war and the only way this war will come off (if at all) is if Iran attack first because no one will back an agressive Israel without being classed as the agressor. NATO need to justify their actions before being able to declare war. I'm not having a pop at you. I am merely explaining that all theories should be discussed, IF they are relevant.
edit on 13/12/11 by JoshuaUK92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I agree 100% but the idiots on ATS think every news article for the last 10 years meant war next week and it still hasnt come. This board is full of false prophets.

ATS spreads terrorism like NO other website out there. But the idiots on here think its the gov't who spreads terror then the same people come on here and start all sorts of fearmongering "prediction" (aka terror) threads themselves. So who is the bad guy now?

Ive posted new threads on this website before only to have ATS remove them. You are all sheeple on here and this website is run by the government.

Nothing will happen. If nothing happened during the cold war where people were more bitter than they are now, what makes you think something will happen now?

Pffft Conspiracy theory..

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rationalistswagger

Hello rationalistswagger,
While I know where you are coming from for the most part in your original post, I think it's important to ask the tough questions and have discussions on the subject matter. Doing such things is not fear mongering. In fact, I have found that most of these type of threads are completely valid in the posing of discussions, questions and simply seeking answers to form the truth for ourselves. So I hope that you would not invalidate (Not saying you are) people for discussing just as you are right now.

The fact is, we as citizens are not in the full knowing and this leaves us in a tough situation. It leaves us with far to many questions and even fewer answers. Just like governments of the world, we must discuss and entertain the trends, behaviors and variables for a possible outcome and to facilitate for ourselves a realistic means of preparation. Survival and preservation in such volatile times in our history is not a bad thing.

I do not worry about these things as much as others do and I am not over cautious or paranoid about it but I do take it seriously just the same.
I respect most of those on here who do so as well even if I believe them to be excessive in there sentiments for my own tastes.
edit on 12-13-2011 by Flint2011 because: Typos and mispellings.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
reply to post by princeofpeace

While I don't disagree that people on ATS scare incredibly easy, I'd like to ask you to really think hard about what you are saying. Have you been paying attention at all to the world around you lately? Have you realized how much money it costs to fill your car with gasoline? Have you realized how much money is coming out of your paycheck each month? Have you noticed how everyday other countries opinion of the United States is declining? Noticing how much more and more and more we are owing loaner countries each day?

Are we really going to sit here and ignore this and say "things aren't that bad, and they are nowhere near as bad as they have been?"

You know, in books, movies on sites and boards, let's call them "new agey" sites or conspiracy sites, this is a mantra you can hear for AGES already:

"Don't you see the signs RIGHT NOW how the change is imminent, there can be no doubt that [insert whatever war, apocalypse or alien invasion here, whatever] is happening VERY SOON because the signs are so clear you just need to look around"

The funny thing is that this ('scuse me) nonsense is said since the middle-ages already, it's a standard sentence of every doom-sayer, "prophet" or conspiracy theorist and always has been.

The [whatever is gonna happen] is always "imminent"...regardless in what time we are. I myself hear that already since the mid 80s when we didn't even have a "web" in that sense...or you can take whatever book from earlier and the read the same "prophecies".

Going along with "how [insert whatever event] is imminent to happen now" is the statement how it has "now gotten so bad compared to the past"..as if World Wars, Genocide, Slavery, Pestilence, World economic crises WHATEVER did not exist in the past and allegedly our life NOW is so much much worse now compared to how it was "in the past".

YES - the economy is bad, but it has been since the 70s. Yes..gas is expensive, yes we pay taxes, yes we engage in silly (?) and costly wars. Yes our politicians are corrupt, ever were, mostly.

I just want to point out that it would be silly to come up with a fantasy how everything was peace and chocolate cake in the past because it simply was not...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It amazes me that some people are completly blind to whats going on in the world today. The world is always at war, and any of these can turn into ww3. And if ww3 happens, do you believe it will be fought like ww1 and ww2 lol If you do, then you are seriously deluded. Im not saying there will be a ww3 any time soon, but the way the world is at the moment, its very worrying.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuker
OP is actually right.. nothing is going to happen. In the future it'll happen, but not right now.. It's not time yet. World War III won't even last for a week, let alone.. For a few days. Many people on this site are fearing because they have nothing else better to do with their lives.

World War III will not happen during the next few years.. There must be peace, before the storm, and that peace has not been achieved yet. Why don't people go out and enjoy themselves.. *Sigh* No wonder this site is filled with ding-bats and nut-jobs that fear everything. The military of each country aren't stupid enough to ignite a world war over some lame reason.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Nuker because: (no reason given)

"the war" wont be merely from without different governments, but also within and of the people of said governments.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You are forgeting one little thing here. Past major wars never had weapons that could wipe out most of the population. As soon as we had obe, at the end of ww2, we used it. Why did they use it? because the casulties would have been too high when it came to our soldiers.

Past wars never had the same threat as they do now. Let me ask you something. What do you think will happen if america decided to attack iran?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

if that makes you sleep comfy and warm at night, that's great but i see things differently and becoming more alarming everyday, i still sleep comfy and warm at night.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I'm not so sure you've kept up with what is perceived as reality. The economy has not been as dire, even in the 70's as you claim, and whats more...the amount of countries worked up over religion and territorial issues have never been this high since the middle ages.

That's not a presumption, that's a fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join