Nothing will happen, Stop fear mongering please.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Nothing will happen. If nothing happened during the cold war where people were more bitter than they are now, what makes you think something will happen now?
I wish we could make bets, i'd like to wager one.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rationalistswagger
what makes you think something will happen now?

September 11, 2001 - New York, Washington D.C

Madrid, Jakarta, London, Baghdad, Tripoli, Kabul, Tel Aviv, Gaza, Beirut, Moscow, Islamabad, Ankara...

protests in every country on the planet.

NOTHING IS HAPPENING?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Why bother with people like this? They will be the first ones to go.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rationalistswagger

I too don't believe "WW3" (in the sense of nuclear war) would actually take place. Most people think TPTB want it to happen, or whoever, but they aren't stupid. A nuclear war of that magnitude would end all life on Earth. They need something a bit more 'controlled'.

Originally posted by yourmaker

Madrid, Jakarta, London, Baghdad, Tripoli, Kabul, Tel Aviv, Gaza, Beirut, Moscow, Islamabad, Ankara...

NOTHING IS HAPPENING?

This. I believe, if anything, 'WW3' is already happening, it just goes by another name - The War on Terror.

It isn't restricted to just the Middle East, Terrorists are everywhere, and according to our own government, Terrorists can be anyone, even in our own country, teachers, firemen, our next door neighbor, you, me..

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

And I would gladly take your money!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Nothing will happen? Our government is passing legislature to ultimately suspend the constitution, has plans to inter a majority of the American people and wholesale slaughter the reset. But nothing is going to happening? It's already happening now.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

If nothing happened during the cold war where people were more bitter than they are now, what makes you think something will happen now?

Nothing happened during the Cold War? That's far from the truth. Nuclear arms were at their peak, in fact the Russians detonated multiple large scale nuclear warheads, some which exceeded 30 MT. The spur in nuclear technology lead to hastily developed reactor core chambers, such as the ones that melted down in Chernobyl. Many people involved in nuclear arms tests in both America and Russia were exposed to high levels of radiation.

This was over 20 years ago, and even then both sides stepped on each others toes, and there was just as much tension then as there is now. The only difference now is that there are even more terrifying weapons, and even more countries have access to those weapons.

How can you say that people were more bitter then than now? People are more overprotective and sheltered now than they ever were before, and twice as dangerous. Does this mean WWIII is imminent? Maybe, maybe not. But to say nothing will happen is completely an uneducated guess.

People are rioting. Multiple countries are fighting with each other, some are even threatening with nuclear arms. How is there not as much tension now?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Nothing will happen. If nothing happened during the cold war where people were more bitter than they are now, what makes you think something will happen now?

So you are making a prophecy just like all the others, but what you have failed to do is offer any eveidence what so ever to back your case, even those who make wild claims at least have at least 1 source.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Sorry, no S&F for this thread.

Something big WILL be happening in the very near future, there is way too much happening in the world right now to suggest otherwise. Two world wars has already happened in living memory that no one would ever thought possible.

Those unprepared for such events are usually the first to die while still glued to their large screen plasma TV's watching FOX News telling them to stay indoors and they will be safe.
edit on 9/12/2011 by Freelancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

You're right. There were plenty of chances to have a nuclear war during the cold war and it didn't happen. There was even a case where a Russian early warning satellite told the Russians that the U.S had launched and there was nothing other than the common sense that the Russian IOC Stanislav Yevgrafovich Petrov had for him to delay launching their ICBM's . It turned out later that what the satellite was seeing was the sun flashing off the clouds above a U.S ICBM silo. The Russian officer was praised and then shafted by his superiors but in 2004 he was given the World Citizen Award for his actions.

The people with their finger on the button aren't stupid.
edit on 9-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
They said they'd never be war again after The Great War

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

NOTHING IS HAPPENING?

Its all been done before. Only the music was better.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
OP is actually right.. nothing is going to happen. In the future it'll happen, but not right now.. It's not time yet. World War III won't even last for a week, let alone.. For a few days. Many people on this site are fearing because they have nothing else better to do with their lives.

World War III will not happen during the next few years.. There must be peace, before the storm, and that peace has not been achieved yet. Why don't people go out and enjoy themselves.. *Sigh* No wonder this site is filled with ding-bats and nut-jobs that fear everything. The military of each country aren't stupid enough to ignite a world war over some lame reason.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Nuker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

If You cant see how bad the Situation is right now. than You are clearly blind. We are on the brink of war with Iran, And China. Its getting heated with Russia also. And the causes for these conflicts don't seem to be going away anytime soon. And also, We didn't owe China $10 trillion in the first cold war..The situatuion is a lot worse now than it was back then. And I think anyone would agree.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Babbleman
They said they'd never be war again after The Great War

They said it was the war to end all wars. It doesn't mean that WWW3 will happen tomorrow.

In fact the reason we haven't had WWW3 is most likely because of the nukes.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nuker
OP is actually right.. nothing is going to happen. In the future it'll happen, but not right now.. It's not time yet. World War III won't even last for a week, let alone.. For a few days. Many people on this site are fearing because they have nothing else better to do with their lives.

World War III will not happen during the next few years.. There must be peace, before the storm, and that peace has not been achieved yet. Why don't people go out and enjoy themselves.. *Sigh* No wonder this site is filled with ding-bats and nut-jobs that fear everything. The military of each country aren't stupid enough to ignite a world war over some lame reason.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Nuker because: (no reason given)

I'm wondering if some posters on ATS are to young to realise that what they're seeing now isn't new.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freelancer
Sorry, no S&F for this thread.

Something big WILL be happening in the very near future, there is way too much happening in the world right now to suggest otherwise. Two world wars has already happened in living memory that no one would ever thought possible.

Those unprepared for such events are usually the first to die while still glued to their large screen plasma TV's watching FOX News telling them to stay indoors and they will be safe.
edit on 9/12/2011 by Freelancer because: (no reason given)

They had plazma TV's in WW1 and 2? Actually they had radio and News papers and were informed yet still were shocked when it happened. The Germans had TV though.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Of course it isn't new.

All I'm saying is.. That World War III will not happen in the next few or so years.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nuker
reply to post by steveknows

Of course it isn't new.

All I'm saying is.. That World War III will not happen in the next few or so years.

I agree with you. In fact if all nukes are banned WWW3 can actually be won and therefore more likely to happen so I believe that WWW3 won't happen until the nukes are gone. And nukes won't be gone for a long long time.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I cant say what will or wont happen... but when people say 'nuclear weapons', do you think mushroom clouds like in the cold war propaganda films? Nuclear weapons have changed. They are tactical nukes. Much smaller, and much more precise.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join