It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orthodox Rabbi Reveals Name of Messiah~"JESUS","Yehoshua" or "Yeshua"(Hebrew)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by outandopen
So every child born after jan 12 2006 might be the messiah! I hope it is a secular female this time...that would be good fun to poke at all those religious stooges. All there ridgety and bible torah koran reading fanaticism. She would come and tell them to all put down their lame BS books and look within. Do good and love eachother....just like jesus did...not that I believe in that stuff but it makes for a great book...thanks for the idea think I should get to writing.

The Messiah is not coming back as a baby the next time. He is coming back as a grown man, the same age as when He ascended.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Jesus,Yehoshua,Joshua,Iesous and the Greek Jason all have the same meaning, healer or salvation.
Christ,Christo's meaning Annointed or King. Salvation King is the implication,which ever translation or way you wish to inturprate it.

I won't argue that, but my name is derived from Stephanos, meaning 'crowned one'. Does this mean I don't actually have a name, just a title indicating that I'm actually a king?

All are titles or descriptive at most.The historical individual was known as Benjiman Joeseph.

Actually that would probably be closer to Yehoshua ben Yusuf, which we would render as "Jesus, son of Joseph". By the reasoning here, though, even Joseph's name would only be a title, meaning "May Yahweh add"?

Not true?Of coarse not I'm a uneducated moron who likes to lie for fun.

I'm not trying to imply anything along those lines, I've just never heard the argument for the name being a title before - which means it's highly likely that most others haven't as well. I'd definitely be happy to look more into it to learn about this perspective if you'd care to share or can point me to some sites, etc., discussing it...it's just an entirely novel concept to me. I can definitely take the point of the meanings behind the names (especially one so good as "Yahweh our salvation" or however you'd like to render it), but not so far as saying that makes names titles as otherwise no one has a name and we're all just titular entities. To me, he's always been "Jesus the Christ", a named man bearing the title.

Apologies for wording that poorly if I did.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Actually he would have been called Yeshua ben Yehuda, He was of the tribe of Judah. I think that both his parents were from the tribe of Yehuda, neither were of the tribe of Ben-yamin.

That would be the most common mistake.Benjiman David vs Benjiman Joeseph of Saul.But I know who put that one out there and their agenda
but who am I to rewrite a rewrite.
edit on 9-12-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Actually he would have been called Yeshua ben Yehuda, He was of the tribe of Judah. I think that both his parents were from the tribe of Yehuda, neither were of the tribe of Ben-yamin.

That would be the most common mistake.Benjiman David vs Benjiman Joeseph of Saul.But I know how put that one out there and their agenda
but who am I to rewrite a rewrite.

We forget Jewish naming patterns. They were very specific back then and even the family of Zacharia were stunned when he said he was naming his son John, because no one else in the family was named that. We see repeating names in the Bible and that is because names were specific to tribes. Saul was specific to Benjamin, there were two Sauls in the Bible and the both were of Benjamin. Other names that are common were Maryim and Shimon.

It was common to keep names within a tribe.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Jesus,

I won't argue that, but my name is derived from Stephanos, meaning 'crowned one'. Does this mean I don't actually have a name, just a title indicating that I'm actually a king?

No it would imply you are a horror novelist,Stephanos King,or the already crowned Princess Stephine of Sweden.I jest.

No offense taken,I just have this discussion with brickwall's too often.Thank's for the open mind.I can't do justice to the topic with a short reply and have to go as I have visitor's due any moment.Prehap's a PM would be more appropriate as many are not ready for what I have to say and won't like it, also it would derail this thread.Let's just say many are not as fair and open minded as you.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Sounds good, whenever you have time just shoot me a message as I'm interested in understanding your thoughts here, even if I may not end up agreeing with them.

Take care.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Of course the Messiah is Jesus,but what is his name?????????????????????????
Jesus is a title not a name,why is this lost on people? Even his own follower's.
It is hidden in the calander between July and November or at least the returning name.

Could you please clarify that? "Jesus" IS a name, Iesous in greek, and stemming from Yehoshua (or a variant thereof) in hebrew - Yehoshua being the name we render as Joshua in english. "Jesus" shared the same name as the jewish leader Joshua son of Nun in the old testament, and this is why there was confusion in older versions of the books of Acts as Joshua was originally translated as "Jesus, son of Nun".

It's probably lost on people because it's not true, as far as I'm aware, and you're the first person I've ever seen claim it. I believe you might be thinking of CHRIST actually being a title, not a name, because it's the greek version of hebrew messiah, both meaning "annointed".

Take care.

I knew that Jesus and Joshua were the same names, but reading your post, I realise that just as Joshua led his people into the Promised Land, Jesus will soon lead His people into a greater Promised Land. Jesus, then, is not just the second Adam, but the second Joshua.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Before you guys settle with the name being Yeshua, read this link.

If this stuff is true, then it will be a matter of life and death to know the true Hebrew Name of Jesus Christ in Tribulation as Jesus is Greek translation and not the original Hebrew Name, and in the Tribulation the Antichrist wil use the name Jesus Christ for himself, from my understanding.

www.amightywind.com...

This is an interesting snippet

YAHUVEH even used a heathen actor named Mel Gibson to help us reach the world as the movie script Mel Gibson wrote used the name Yeshua. Even though Mel Gibson didn't use the true Sacred Name of YAHSHUA or YAHUSHUA he knew enough of history and the truth not to call YAHUSHUA "JESUS". Mel tried to make this film as authentic as possible using the true names used back then. Isn't it sad that salvation message and the importance of leading a Holy life didn't change the heart of Mel Gibson? We cannot even conceive of the tortures satan has waiting for him in hell because of all the souls that came to YAHUSHUA ha MASHIACH –because of his movie that caused them to repent and give their souls to YAHUSHUA ha MASHIACH. We can only pray Mel Gibson watches his own movie and remembers the price that was paid for his sins at Calvary and turns from his wicked ways to live Holy and worship YAHUSHUA ha MASHIACH instead of the Catholic Church. There is no salvation in a religion, but only with a loving, obedient relationship with YAHUSHUA ha MASHIACH.

edit on 9-12-2011 by Pocky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

. . . as Jesus is Greek translation and not the original Hebrew Name. . .
Jesus is the English way to pronounce Jesus, which is a Greek name and was spelled as the Greeks spelled it, in the Greek alphabet.
So spelling it Jesus is exactly the way it should be spelled in the English alphabet system using more modern phonetics. Jesus is not a translation but is a transliteration from the Greek, into English, so in practical terms, Jesus' name is Jesus.
There was a Hebrew name which comes from the Hebrew Bible, where there is a character in the the old stories of someone we commonly think of as Joshua. The thing is that Hebrew was already a dead language in the time of Jesus and most people where Jesus lived spoke Greek, since the place had been a Greek territory since the time of Alexander the Great.
Many people of descent from the old kingdom of Judah went by the name, Jesus, which is well documented. The best documentation for the name of Jesus is in the New Testament where it unfailingly calls him Jesus.
The tribulation is upon us now and it is a spiritual tribulation where there is a falling away from what had been handed down to us from Jesus and the Apostles and exchanged for a substitute Jesus and a substitute Christ. This web site you are linking to and quoting from is clearly of Satan and is telling lies. It starts by rejecting the Jesus of the New Testament and the witness of it, and once you reject the name of Jesus it is all downhill from there and ends in hell.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The best documentation for the name of Jesus is in the New Testament where it unfailingly calls him Jesus.

most definately agree with this
.. the voice I heard was relative to an exact moment when opening the cover of a green Gideon New Testament

The Gideons International annually distributes over 79 million copies of God’s Word (Bibles and New Testaments)—in more than 193 countries and 90+ languages. This equates to more than two copies of God’s Word distributed every second of every day. ministrywatch.com...

"Members of the Gideons have been highly respected for decades as peaceful providers of free Bibles to those who want them." Read more: Men jailed for being on public sidewalk www.wnd.com...

edit on 9-12-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Tsion Ben-Judah is the name of the Character in the Left Behind book, Tribulation Force, who is the rabbi who figures out that Jesus is the Messiah.
Here's excerpts from the Wikipedia article:

Ben-Judah was commissioned by the Israeli government three years before the Rapture to undertake a study as to how the Jews would recognize the Messiah when he comes. Ben-Judah was beginning to conclude that Jesus of Nazareth met the descriptions of prophecy, but had not committed himself when Christ raptured His church. . . .
. . . Just before this, the Chicago-based Tribulation Force's own leader and teacher, Bruce Barnes, is killed by the Red Horse of the Apocalypse when World War III breaks. Bombs hit the hospital that he was admitted in for over-seas bug that stopped his world wide encouragement of "Tribulation Saints". Ben-Judah essentially took his place to teach, now reaching out to a worldwide cyber-audience. Ben-Judah, believing himself to be protected by God's power, insisted on returning to Israel to meet with most of the 144,000 witnesses in order to teach them.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

What about the second Moses, giving us a new (or at least clarified & reinterpreted...and honestly expanded) law?

Good call, though, and well said.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join