It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli strikes kill 10 in Gaza, rockets hit Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Israeli strikes kill 10 in Gaza, rockets hit Israels

m.timesofindia.com< br />

GAZA: Violence across the Israeli-Gaza border escalated on Friday with Israeli air strikes killing at least three people and Palestinian militants firing rockets deep into southern Israel. The latest round of fighting erupted on Thursday when an Israeli air strike targeted a car on a crowded Gaza street, killing two militants who Israel said were planning attacks against its civilians and soldiers. Palestinian gunmen responded with a barrage of rockets fired deep into southern Israel
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-12-2011 by Gemwolf because: Corrected thread title. Please use the same headline as the source article.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
can't we just all get along?

no seriously though its BS. I've grown up in a generation of war, and it's all I've seen, so I can see this 1 coming from a mile away. it's not this exact event, all of this islamist slash israeli military fighting has been going on for ever. blood alone can turn the gears of history, and change obviously is necessary

m.timesofindia.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Violence across the Israeli-Gaza border escalated on Friday with Israeli air strikes killing at least three people and Palestinian militants firing rockets deep into southern Israel.

In other news, squirrels were seen climbing trees.

3 people dying? Add that to the invisible pile of casualties over this unchanging conflict.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

LOL
the second airstrike did go on to kill another civilians and injures 13 women and children however..

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Everybody going NUTS over there, WHY? What is going on? We need to pull out of there and let them settle thier own issues.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by iBleedSovietR3D
reply to post by JibbyJedi

LOL
the second airstrike did go on to kill another civilians and injures 13 women and children however..

who cares about the fine print....

i walked into a local restaurant and johns room had no toilet paper...the nerve of the place...sheeez, oh yes, real sad about those things going on in Israel and the other country or country's or then again, who are they pissed off at again ?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Epic Fail here on *BOTH* sides. Israel needs to just lay off killing a fly with a jackhammer. It just makes a huge mess and the fly wanders off laughing when they're done.

In the other corner, the Palestinians really...REALLY...need to lay off the rocket crap. Rocketing civilians begets civilian casualties on their OWN side. It's like the village idiot looking down the barrel of the gun to see what a bullet looks like when it's fired. Ummm.. C'mon. This isn't a new situation where anyone is feeling the other out and getting an idea of what reactions might happen. This has been going on for over 30 years now as a daily, ongoing thing in uprisings.

Here is what I would LOVE to see Israel do...and it has to be them not because they are Jewish but because they are on the DEFENSE team in this situation and that fact kinda sets the timing and circumstance on Palestinian whims...but counter-artillery batter fire is not a new concept. It's rather well developed, if not perfected if I'm not mistaken.

Rather than 500lb bombs blowing out whole neighborhoods of windows and traumatizing the non-fighting population with every bombing run......set up a chain of artillery fire bases and just bombard the launch site within a 20-25 meter radius. The locals might start shooting the missile teams personally when they know these fighters showing up with their pickup truck launch platform means THEY, the civilians, are about to eat the return fire...and within a a couple minutes, at most.

Just my attempt at a fair assessment in an incident where guilt sits on both sides of the border to varying degrees, IMHO.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wow!!!! A realistic solution, in an unrealistic world.....

Nawww... it would never work, cause realism has gone the way of common sense, see another thread....

Yes, I agree, but, I forsee a problem, as it would be seen by some as overbearing, and possibly deadly to those within range of said artillery fire.....

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Ahhh yes, the peaceful ones.....

Yes it's a link regarding the northern country, however, it clearly shows the obvious peaceful intent towards Israel...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Everybody going NUTS over there, WHY? What is going on? We need to pull out of there and let them settle thier own issues.

Well let's see.......

Why can't they just settle their issues u ask?

Rothschild Zionists of Israel are carrying out a cull of the Palestinians in order to take over their country. Plain and simple. The Jewish community have nothing to do with this other than the fact that the Zionists are using them to set this Murderous agenda in motion. Israel didn't exist until just after World War 2. The Zionists required Palestine to be their home country and used the Jews to accomplish the justification for this unwarranted invasion and murderous takeover. Most of the Jews did not even want to live there anyway.

So basically the Rothschilds are culling the Palestinian population and the UK, US and EU are helping them do it.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

No mate, Israel needs to pool it's finances and buy Easter Island from the Islanders and move there!

No neighbours for a thousand or so miles would certainly put an end to them murdering all their current ones, and they'd have the security they repeatedly use as an excuse to slaughter innocents...win win for the entire planet.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Amazing thought my friend.... however, I think one would need to consult with God on that one...

If you see things along that way...

But kudo's for an original idea.....

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
More war crimes from Israel

and they think they are bad ass
murdering people who cant defend themself

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

And if they stopped....

Exactly.....

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
How much proof do we need that the two-state "solution" cannot work? The religious fanatics want that area for themselves so either one side should leave or they can both live together under a newely formed nation and a new flag, run by a secular government.

And what happened to all the other worldwide conflicts? How come they don't get equal attention?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

No mate, Israel needs to pool it's finances and buy Easter Island from the Islanders and move there!

No neighbours for a thousand or so miles would certainly put an end to them murdering all their current ones, and they'd have the security they repeatedly use as an excuse to slaughter innocents...win win for the entire planet.

oh, stop already... if my neighbors told they wanted to kill me and started throwing rockets at me i would damn surn fire back. israel has every right to defend themselves

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
More war crimes from Israel

and they think they are bad ass
murdering people who cant defend themself

"murdering people who can't defend themselves

so who is lanuching all those rockets into israel... the sheep ?
i know it must be the children that is the only people who get coverage out of gaza

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am not a fan of another round of warfare in the South, and my guess is that whoever started this one (Israel as it looks right now) wants to see how new Egypt will react. But still, i can count. 2 militants plus 1 civilian plus 1 gunman is not 10.
Why "Israeli strikes kill 10 in Gaza...."?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So is Israel now preparing to lob dozens into Gaza? This is going to be a bloody and ruthless situation that could get out of control fast when innocent civilians begin to pay the price.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

You may want to put some serious effort into a bit more fact finding for this. It's a "cause" that we may soon be in the midst of a shooting war over, whether we ever asked for it or not. Whichever way one stands on this, there is no angle that come as clearly as saying one side or the other is a murderer. I'll even grant that the Palestinian side cannot even be so easily described or pigeon holed.

Israel though, in general terms, has never been the 1st strike initiator of military action. There are exceptions, of course..but it's equally true to say that the Media have generally only reported a tiny fraction of the most sensational attacks and just kinda forget to mention the mundane sniper issues and other forms of lethal actions which have numbered as many as a dozen PER DAY..for months and YEARS on end.

Israel does plenty of it's own pushing with the settlements....and how that pretty much tells the Palestinians that by each new garden shed built, it's one step further from Israel bargaining a Palestinian state in good faith. Israel also has a serious problem with the concept of proportion. They simply don't have any. A rocket begets an Air Strike. A POW snatch begets a full blow SHOOTING war...that never does get the guy back anyway. There are fair points for why that is...but it sure is an issue.

So both sides have MAJOR points of blame and like everything else in that part of the world...black and white just merge into a big stinking puddle of gray water. I still say we need to let them all fight it out and just stay 100% neutral. If Israel wins.. all the better and we'll have a great friend. If they lose...We need to accept that too and finally make peace with the Arabs who actually DO own that region of the world, after all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join