It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Present My Case That We Are In Hell

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

always ready and willing to pick apart my threads and my theories,whatever,you can say anything you want about me,but i added about 100 negative things to my original list and expanded my ideas,i'll challenge you to think of one thing,that you can turn into a totally unique and original thread,whos ideas have never been touched upon before in any other previous thread...i have,several times and thats not an easy thing to do...

edit on 9-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

A quote from George Harrison..."Keep Me Free From Birth"...wow,think about what that actually means,those five words are speaking volumes to us all...

In the same song he also says "give me love" and "give me life".

I really don't think he was wishing he wasn't born (if you know anything about him) but that he wanted to be "free" from birth on throughout life till death.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

always ready and willing to pick apart my threads and my theories,whatever,you can say anything you want about me,but i added about 100 negative things to my original list and expanded my ideas,i'll challeng you to think of one thing,that you can turn into a totally unique and original thread whos ideas have never been touched upon...i have,several times and thats not an easy thing to do...

Gee I wonder why some of your ideas have never been discussed before...
for ex.: "There are nanobots in our shampoo in order to control our brains..."

If you are challenging me to make threads like that one or the two you made like this one, no thanks.
I'd rather not embarrass myself like that.
edit on 12/9/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
"keep me free from birth" means he,george harrison,wants to finally reach nirvana,attain spiritual perfection and stop being born again and again as is what the eastern religion,hinduism,teaches that we are all doing right now,made to live again and again until we reach an enlightened state and stop requiring materialistic illusions and are finally free from birth...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

"keep me free from birth" means he wants to finally reach nirvana,attain spiritual perfection and stop being born again and again as is what some of the eastern religions teach that we are all doing right now,made to live again and again until we reach an enlightened state and stop requiring materialistic illusions and are finally free from birth...

I understand his philosophical leanings. He was fond of Siva.

If he meant what you are saying, then why didn't he say "free from rebirth"?

edit on 12/9/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

probably because it lyrically flowed better with the music of the song,birth is one syllable amd rebirth is two,its probably as simple as that,if you know how the song goes,the word birth "flows better",fits better and sounds better...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by 74Templar

as long as something has killed even just one person,never mind thousands and millions,it is not a good thing...for one example of many,the rain,which hasnt killed me,yet,but i know that it has literally drowned and washed away millions of people,so how can i see rain as a good thing? filled with empathy as i am and as i was born that way,i cant see goodness in rain that has killed so many people...

I can see your point, and to a point you and I are not a lot different in that regard. For a long time I saw the worst in everything, just a byproduct of being a grunge kid of the 90s I always thought.
Now I am older (and although debatable), wiser, I guess I have come to terms with my own mortality, as death has graced me with a few close shaves in past years. Old me would have said I was unlucky for living, but it was around then I realised I must be here for some reason if I have cheated (or been divinely guided away from) death as many times as I have. As for that purpose, it is still a mystery to me, but has given me a sense of searching to discover what grand plan I'm supposed to be a part of.
It is always easier to see the bad over the good, especially with the sorry state the world is in. All I am suggesting is take a step back and maybe ask yourself if you were to die tonight, would the bad things of the world be your last thoughts? I would hope not, I would hope that you have had some highs in your life that (even occasionally) made you smile, even laugh.
I do understand your empathy though, even what would seem the most insignificant things in this world I feel bad for, such as killing a spider. It's not wrong to have empathy, you just need that perspective sometimes to know in this world you can't fix everything, and there is some real beauty out there, in even the most violent things, that show me the world isn't completely lost.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Sjogrens Autoimmune Disease, Poly Neuropathy, Glaucoma, Kidney Stones, Osteoperosis, etc etc ... yep .... Hellish ... When ever I hear someone say 'life is good' I always notice that the person saying it is healthy and well fed.

It never ceases to amaze me how humans can 'select' all the worst conditions of living

It never ceases to amaze me how humans can IGNORE the constant and mindnumbing pain others are going through :shk:

Heaven
is where we are...right now...
Only,
much, much
Better...

Perfect example of what I said ... probably a healthy and well fed person saying this ...
You seriously need to open your eyes.

Originally posted by grubblesnert
This isn't hell. This is your life. If you make it hellish, then for you it is.

For children with cancer and going through chemo it is. For their parents it is.
They aren't making it hellish .. the fact is that it IS hell for them.
Ask any parent who has lost a child to cancer .. who had to watch them painfully die ... who had to see an innocent little child in deep pain and frightened out of their little minds ... who had to endure it and not be able to do a damn thing about it because it was out of their hands. Go ahead and ask them if there is hell on earth and if 'they made their life that way' ... double dog dare you!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

they love to believe that this is right, how god must belittle everyone in deep pains and suffer to remind them that he is the only free one, that only his angels have the right to b saved from hell of pains for what they bend their moves to serve his pleasures and wills, so they are happy to think how they are saved as angels forever bc god judge their worship skills being achieved right for eternal existence through him away of pains and suffer, like his best angels puting them above others

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by juveous
reply to post by blocula

and your case is equally comparable to walking in a room only looking down and telling everyone there is no ceiling. Also, why is hell getting better? We are not living in the worst times of our existence, not even close.

Isn't this subjective?

I would say we are for every advancement comes with it's own series of back pedaling.

Holy crusade = 3,000,000 deaths.

WW2 = 63,000,000 deaths.

How can you say we aren't living in the worst of times? The next world war will be approximate or larger in death toll if history is anything to go by.

I don't know if you've been watching lately, but we are gearing up for number three. 6 of the worlds greatest super powers are about to get it on over Iran....

Not to mention, the world has been in a perpetual state of war since the crusades and well before them too... If we tallied the ongoing body count of just the US in the last 100 years it would trump any existing figure known to man.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

If your measurement of progress is the death toll, then the future will always outweigh the past due to population. Not to mention war isn't the primary cause of death.

The leading cause of death in developing countries is infectious disease. The leading causes of death in developed countries are atherosclerosis (heart disease and stroke), cancer, and other diseases related to obesity and aging
en.wikipedia.org...

World Population in the 11th century estimated - 265 million
World Population in 20th century estimated - 1.7 billion (2.5 billion in 1950)

My measurement of progress is living conditions, which are getting better over time throughout the world, as well as the decline in violence.

2 relevant TED talks.

That's just it though, there isn't a decline in violence. There is an increase in violence.

It's not death toll. It death toll by violence. There is a huge difference there. I can list hundreds of other subjects, however -- I was just making a quick point. Also, Ted Talks? Really?????

Most guys who speak at Ted, are totalitarians/fascists, et al, in disguise.

I also argue that the standard of living hasn't increased at all. Ever. For those that had the highest standard of living still have the highest standard of living as well as the inverse. With the increase in population there are more people at the lowest base line then ever.

Sure, as time advances things like "Fire" were invented. I wouldn't say this makes the standard of living better relative to the rest of the population.

I.E.

Poor people are poor, poor people are struggling. Poor people have always struggled and will almost always struggle. Just because they have "T.V." doesn't some how make their struggle easier. The "standard" of living is not what you have, but what you have in relevance to what everyone else has.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Take all the pain and suffering of the entire world and carry it with you for life. How does that make 'you' feel?
Does it make you feel nice and warm and cosy? Or does life feel like Hell?
You can only feel what you feel. Watching other peoples lives will not bring you peace. Do you want Hell or do 'you' want Heaven?
edit on 10-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Most people are easily able to ignore the pain and suffering of others because they are comfortable living in denial of whats really going on in this fallen world.Some of them walk around with blinders on seeing only what they want to see through rose colored glasses and others just dont give a damn as long as its not happening to them...

They are cold,arogant,ruthless,emotionless,compassionless and greedy robots and zombies that only give a flying " " about themselves...all the while refusing to admit we are all in hell...

Well over 250,000,000 people in the 20th century alone were murdered through governments installed and orchestrated wars and genocides and most people dont even care and never talk about it because they are drowning in their own denial,but those drowned by denial sheeple will discuss the fashion statements and sluttish exploits of their favorite false idols and they will worship perpetually lying politicians and scream at their money rallies...

Children get cancer and die horrible withering deaths every day,children are battered relentlessly by their own parents every day,children are raped and murdered every day and as long as most of the people of this fallen world continue not giving a damn about those things,childrens pain and suffering will go on and on...

Posessed by lust and greed and their idolization of hollywood whores,the vast majority of sheeple sing and dance and laugh in hell and we will never be released from this damnation as long as most people refuse to admit where they really are...

edit on 10-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Once again I will repeat, My Initial response was directed at the OP. We all have misfortune and bad things that happen to ourselves and those we love.
I pose this question to you, as I did another respondent to one of my earlier responses:
Are directly involved in the example you give (child with cancer) or are you just using this type incident/tragedy as an example to prove your point? If so you are using the suffering of a child and those who love that child for your own personal agenda. I find this type of action shameful and selfcentered.
If this is indeed your child I feel for you. BUT your place in this child's remaining life is to provide the best life possible. You need to direct all your love and positive attention their way. Self sacrifice and uncomfort is your lot in life until this part of you and your child's life changes in what ever way unfolds.
Then whether you want to accept it or not life goes on.
I know this because I have experienced this type of misery in my life before. That was my time to give and sacrifice to enable another to live in as much peace and comfort as was possible given their condition.

I have seen a lot of death and been around a lot of grieviously injured and sick human beings some of them loved ones, some strangers. I've had numerous people look at me eye to eye and speak their last words. pinned in wreckage, laying in the street or in their own homes. I've had at least 4 (lost count) say to me what a mistake they made after shooting themselves in the head, 1, 9mm / 2..38 cal. / 1. .25 cal. I've seen countless others who were dead, hole in head not saying anything, or going through their last convulsions and ragged breaths. I've seen over 300 dead or with seconds of death ( once again lost exact count) in some of the most gruesome and heart breaking scenerios imaginable. For the past 30 years+ this is my life. so I might know a thing or two about the horrors of this world.
I am still of the opinion THIS WORLD IS NOT HELL!

peace and love to everyone of you out there. Take good care of each other. This is why we are all here on this planet.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

What comes to you directly you are there for but you can not be there with what you are presented on the tv. It is all very well promoting caring for the poor people with cancer, starvation and all the other stuff in the world but what about just living the life that is yours not others.
Are you in Hell? You?
Is 'your experience' Hell?

Stay with your direct experience instead of pretending you know what others feel.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I AM the one in unending pain and sickness. I don't have to shoulder anyone elses so that I can fulfill some desire to live in hell here. And understanding THEIR pain whilie carrying my own is called empathy ...

Never did understand polyanna types .... all rainbows and unicorns ... no reality. :shk:

I am still of the opinion that this is a foretaste of hell .. and life is hellish for a great many people here.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I am sorry if this is your reality. The post i replied to was using 'others' as an excuse for knowing this as hell.
If it is Hell for you then that is your experience.
Again, i am sorry.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Thank you for your kind response.
I feel fortunate to be in my circumstance. I feel we are all here for a reason. I failed to mention that with every example of death and suffering I've been involved in I've have also been able to help others and make their situation better. I tell my crew, especially the younger ones just coming in, that the incident has already happen the person is already injured and suffering. It is our task to ease their suffering and make their situation as comfortable as possible. I work for fire rescue and feel very fortunate to make my living being able to help other people.

Once again thank you!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

we are in heaven or hell at the same time .
only you can decide where you want to live

you just need something to equalize the negative energies within you , for me personally i found that music does that to me but everyone's different so depending on what you like doing in yo free time you might wanna do some outdoor stuff , play chess or walk your dog i donno whateva you like . but doing what you're doing with passion is really of the utmost importance imho . because then you're not just having fun , you're experiencing some out of this world stuff , freedom that is . and if you can look forward to feeling free from any negative feeling for as long as you can or wish to do what you're doin' everyday then getting up in the morning becomes a pleasure instead of something you'd rather not do .
edit on 10-12-2011 by BoB420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I AM the one in unending pain and sickness. I don't have to shoulder anyone elses so that I can fulfill some desire to live in hell here. And understanding THEIR pain whilie carrying my own is called empathy ...

Never did understand polyanna types .... all rainbows and unicorns ... no reality. :shk:

I am still of the opinion that this is a foretaste of hell .. and life is hellish for a great many people here.

Yes, Since Hell, as we humans collectively accept it, is a Manmade construct based on our earthly observations and experiences.
Therefor I stand by my original statement "I am of the opinion THIS WORLD IS NOT HELL!"
World meaning the entirity of the worldly experiences of all beings on this planet.
We have all gone through hellish experiences and events. We have all had heavenly ones too.
It is a matter of how you filter and remember these experiences.
I choose to keep the good ones as front and centered as I possibly can.
Pollyanna? no, control of my own thoughts and destiny? yes!

edit on 10-12-2011 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Yes we 'make' hell on earth. It is what it is and we choose to call it Hell. That word can be changed into another word. All the words in the world will never describe what 'this' is.
Everything is as it is. And the words you slap on it makes (equals) your reality.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join