It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Present My Case That We Are In Hell

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by blocula

Exactly, in YOUR OPINION. It is your PERSPECTIVE...

You can say that the water is beautiful because it keeps the plants growing which would be a positive perspective or you can say it is bad because of reasons x, y, or z.

You can CHOOSE to focus on the good qualities or the bad qualities. They are BOTH THERE.

Anything and everything that anyone can say is good and beautiful,is only looking at its veneer,most things are obviously bad and evil and by people continuously ignoring and denying the bad and ugliness within,we are forced to endure them over and over...while the rain is giving nourishment to flowers,that are in reality,pretty poisons,that very same rain,the next day,is drowning a thousand children in India in one fell swoop...so how is it good?...its not? and neither is anything else...
edit on 9-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Rain/water is good because it keeps living things hydrated so that it can keep living.
edit on 9-12-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If I'm in hell, I'm having a pretty good time.

I've got a job my health, good family and friends.

I don't really know what else I need or want.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

strangulation, assault, puss, serial killing, choking,

LoL...
"One of these things is not like the other..."

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever
If the NBA, NFL, or MLB, took one year off from accepting a salary and donated that income to feed kids that are starving to death, the food shortage problem in this world would be solved instantly.

No it would not be solved because the family has not learned to generate income/food for themselves. Next year they'd be starving again and now even worse off because they have a comparison.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
Misty mornings, old books, children’s laughter, dancing in the rain, dew on spider webs, sunsets sunrises, dark forests, snow capped peaks, chocolate, pizza, first kisses, trees, true love, laughter, comedy, birds, butterflies, old stone churches, morning light, storm swept lonely beaches, Art, best friends, clouds, Autumn, meditation, first snow, first day of Spring, stars, full moon, long walks, untouched wilderness, stained glass, long hot showers, incense, fireworks, owls, waking up before next to your beloved and watching them sleep, babies smile, cherry blossoms, red wine, weed, peaches, fond memories, babies eyes, baby animals, poetry, first steps, women looking over their shoulder and smiling at you, anyone smiling at you, green leaves against a blue sky, slate grey rainy days, walking across grass barefoot, black and white movies, camp fires, marsh mellows, icy cold beer on hot hot day, daydreams, steamy passionate monkey sex, walking in the rain, skinny dipping, singing, candle light, roses, Summer, your inner child, belly buttons, laugh lines, wooden cottages in the woods, old couples holding hands, young couples holding hands, Friday afternoons, old museums, Christmas……..

Thanks for providing my to-do list for this week.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Earth is NEUTRAL ground, and is also the place where YOUR heaven and hell are made. My theory is that Earth, is the place where you can live your life, for the now, or prepare your way for the after. Jesus said: "Do not store treasures on earth...."(i'll let you finish it). I believe both heaven AND hell are right here...tempting us (if you will) into the afterlife. When we die....what we did HERE will be judged.

I.e. if you spend your whole life, trying to get rich, while back-stabbing and screwing others over (politicians, bankers, etc, etc) hell will be the place, of the same thing, in return; FOREVER. Also, if you spend your life, TRYING to do right, to and for others; while building YOUR lifestyle, according to YOUR heart's desires (not materialism, or this system and it's "gods", but your dreams and/or visions); your eternity will be lived in the finished product; of what you've seen deep inside and tried to accomplish, here on Earth.

In other words, Earth is the field, and your work is your seed. How you go about your work, will produce fruit. "A good tree, cannot bear bad fruit." Jesus said: "By their FRUITS you shall KNOW "them"! What does a person's fruit display? Well, that's the type of 'tree' they are.

People should also understand, God does not judge the person; but, the work the person does, on earth, will be thrown into the fire. Whatever is left, of your earthly work, is what you'll receive in heaven OR hell. Think of Steve Jobs, for a moment...if he DIDN'T do, what he was CREATED to do...being the founder of 'Apple' will NOT help his cause. Maybe that's why his finals words were: "Oh, wow; oh, wow; oh, wow". God may have flashed his REAL life, right before his departure, and was amazed at how much he MISSED. Imagine that!

Imagine hell, being the place of ga-zillions of people crying, non stop, because they ABUSED their lives; and missed their purpose. Imagine having a 'glimpse' of what "could have been"...that was missed out on, because of FLESHLY, CARNAL desires: money, power, wealth, materialism, stardom, etc...etc.

God is HARDLY impressed with Lebron, Albert, Lindsey, Barack, Rihanna or Jay-Z. Who's to say, ANY of those, we see, are doing what they were BORN to do! God said: "before i formed you in the womb, i KNEW you". Some of HIS children, HE can't even recognize, here...on Earth.

Better find out who YOU are, before it's too late; or you'll be saying: "Oh wow; oh wow; oh wow" with a: "I had NO IDEA, i could be that GREAT!"

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
OP, How could you forget the Kardashians?

edit on 9-12-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Life is what we make of it. We are in Hell if we want to be, or we are in Heaven if we want to be.

Personally for me, it's more like a song type of thing, and we dance and sing. When the angels sang hallelujah, it's like a song. Even God is doing a jig, and we are the waltzes and the salsas.

So, just dance. It'll be okay.

... Wait, that's a Lady Gaga song, aint it?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Sjogrens Autoimmune Disease, Poly Neuropathy, Glaucoma, Kidney Stones, Osteoperosis, etc etc ... yep .... Hellish ... When ever I hear someone say 'life is good' I always notice that the person saying it is healthy and well fed.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Don't be fooled now. Some people even say life is good while smiling on their death bed.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Sjogrens Autoimmune Disease, Poly Neuropathy, Glaucoma, Kidney Stones, Osteoperosis, etc etc ... yep .... Hellish ... When ever I hear someone say 'life is good' I always notice that the person saying it is healthy and well fed.

It never ceases to amaze me how humans can 'select' all the worst conditions of living (in negation of the reasons why they occur) and build some, supposed watertight case for the OP's delusions (in this case).

We have seen already the types of things which present a balanced view of the world...the OP is obviously suffering some type of psychological and psychic blindness...

Most of the conditions mentioned by the OP, and above post...are preventable by the individual. That some of them occur is the full responsibility of the individual to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regime.

The conditions of nature (mentioned by the OP) are a ridiculous attempt to refute life. The very sun and rain (the OP mentions) provides the conditions for this 'damned' individual to continue to post! Without the ability to eat - provided through the auspices of the sun and the rain (for one)...OP wouldn't be able to mount this ridiculous delusion, in absence of all that is good.

Heaven
is where we are...right now...
Only,
much, much
Better...

Akushla

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Its not hell, its called life and most people take the bull by the horns and deals with it. Others sit back and whine that life isn't fair. Well, life isn't fair.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of the posts that were written on this.

I agree that life can be good or bad, depending on choices that we make, or even just what the element of chance might bring. Sometimes even when a bad thing happens, it can eventually open doors to some surprisingly good things.

I have to also agree with blocula in a general way.

Blocula has a very interesting premise, and a correct one, as well, I believe. In general, for a lot of people, probably the majority, this life on earth is more hell, than heaven.

Because even if the list above wasn't bad enough (and probably lots of other things not listed that we don't even know about that could be even worse and probably are) there is a much greater reason that I believe that this life on earth is hell.

Some have it better than others, but evil seems to be spreading faster and faster. I'm sure in some parts of the world terrible things happen on a regular basis, that most people would have a hard time even imagining. But the time is coming when even the most blind will have to recognize that evil rules the world.

The bible says that Satan is the prince of this earth, it's under his control right now, temporarily, so we can see that living under Satan is terrible. It's Hell. Read your list and add to it. Imagine the worst, most horrible thing you can think of, like the Saw movies.

That's what life is like under Satan's rule.

Now contrast God's rule with that. Love God, love your fellow man.

Thank goodness Satan's rule won't last forever. Hopefully it will soon be over.
edit on 9-12-2011 by sezsue because: changes

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Is not the world a mirror to our own minds ? If your mind is full of pain then the world does look a bit like hell. If it's full of peace and serenity it looks a lot like heaven. Saying that, outside forces or people can affect the way you observe and experience things. The trick is not to let the negative or destructive people/forces turn you into a mirror of themselves.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
reply to post by blocula

and your case is equally comparable to walking in a room only looking down and telling everyone there is no ceiling. Also, why is hell getting better? We are not living in the worst times of our existence, not even close.

Isn't this subjective?

I would say we are for every advancement comes with it's own series of back pedaling.

Holy crusade = 3,000,000 deaths.

WW2 = 63,000,000 deaths.

How can you say we aren't living in the worst of times? The next world war will be approximate or larger in death toll if history is anything to go by.

I don't know if you've been watching lately, but we are gearing up for number three. 6 of the worlds greatest super powers are about to get it on over Iran....

Not to mention, the world has been in a perpetual state of war since the crusades and well before them too... If we tallied the ongoing body count of just the US in the last 100 years it would trump any existing figure known to man.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You think thats Hell?

How much of it affects you personally?

No, Hell is a place where you have no ligt, no say, no freedom and no future. Mind you, with your attitude, you might be right, YOU are there.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

That is hell to your point of view. There are as many or more positive things I could contrast to your list.
Irrelevant line.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by juveous
reply to post by blocula

and your case is equally comparable to walking in a room only looking down and telling everyone there is no ceiling. Also, why is hell getting better? We are not living in the worst times of our existence, not even close.

Isn't this subjective?

I would say we are for every advancement comes with it's own series of back pedaling.

Holy crusade = 3,000,000 deaths.

WW2 = 63,000,000 deaths.

How can you say we aren't living in the worst of times? The next world war will be approximate or larger in death toll if history is anything to go by.

I don't know if you've been watching lately, but we are gearing up for number three. 6 of the worlds greatest super powers are about to get it on over Iran....

Not to mention, the world has been in a perpetual state of war since the crusades and well before them too... If we tallied the ongoing body count of just the US in the last 100 years it would trump any existing figure known to man.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

If your measurement of progress is the death toll, then the future will always outweigh the past due to population. Not to mention war isn't the primary cause of death.

The leading cause of death in developing countries is infectious disease. The leading causes of death in developed countries are atherosclerosis (heart disease and stroke), cancer, and other diseases related to obesity and aging
en.wikipedia.org...

World Population in the 11th century estimated - 265 million
World Population in 20th century estimated - 1.7 billion (2.5 billion in 1950)

My measurement of progress is living conditions, which are getting better over time throughout the world, as well as the decline in violence.

2 relevant TED talks.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
If I'm in hell, I'm having a pretty good time.

I've got a job my health, good family and friends.

I don't really know what else I need or want.

u read my mind wildbob

was gonna say the same thing

*cheers*

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join