It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Present My Case That We Are In Hell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
To be brutally honest yes we are living in hell, but every living thing lives through hell whether your a plant, tree, human, insect, animal, etc... Hell is basically reality...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
What about good looking,well hung, billionaires? Are they in hell?

Some people are happy.
Some are not.

Maybe we have sections of hell here on earth,places like Somalia.
And maybe sections of heaven on earth like we see on MTV cribs.
And maybe we have limbo too.

Maybe we could work together to find a happy medium.
edit on 9-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Bob Marley's last words before he passed.. Money Can't buy life...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

It could buy some in Somalia

But I agree in a way. We need to all reduce our envy and increase our empathy.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hell for some and heaven for others, I suppose. It's all relative.

What it more likely is is humans making a mess of what they've been given because they've let greed trump sense and let themselves be fooled or lulled into believing they can't make a difference.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
It's interesting that the Opening Post, by reason of its existence, destroys its own argument.

You took the time to type all that stuff out. There must have been a reason why you did it. I would bet that you thought the world (at least ATS) would be better in some way for seeing it. In short, you had hope. There is no hope in hell..

Very well put, Charles. It seems like we live in hell only because we focus so much attention on the negative aspects in life. It is the same reason the news uses the "If it bleeds, it leads." method of presenting what we see on the tube. Warm puppies, milk and cookies, do not command our attention to the same degree. Pain gets our attention. It helps us to find the things that are in need of correction. We may not always be able to make things right, but without times of deep suffering we may never know profound joy. It is all an intricate balance of both good and bad. In fact, one aspect cannot exist without the other. There are an equal amount of positives for every one of the OP's negatives. Unfortunately, the good things in life, we quite often take for granted, only noting when they are gone. It should not be too difficult to look at the world around you and find at least a few things you are thankful for. I don't believe a true hell would have anything of redeeming value that one would be grateful for. If you have trouble finding things, how about having gratitude for the very fact that you have have the ability to suffer; that you are conscious.

Heaven and Hell are just a simplistic way of idealizing the concept of empiric, and disconnected good and evil, positive and negative, when, in fact, they are indelibly bonded and dependent on each other . It is only where we draw the line, and make judgments that define one from the other, However one chooses to understand and adjust the filters in their own mind has much more to do with reality being perceived as hell, than anything outside of us ever could.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
In all seriousness,if i was presenting "that list i made" as evidence in a court of law trying to prove that we are in hell,i would win a landslide victory,the jury would need about 2 seconds of deliberation to arrive at their conclusion,"yes we are" because any counter evidence that anyone could bring forward to try and prove that we are not in hell,would pale and shrink in comparison to that terrifying list and then to be brought face to face with the horrifying fact and brutal reality that theres probably a 99% chance,imo,that we are actually trapped in hell...
edit on 9-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Just to mention,in the time it took me to have a snack and then brush my teeth afterwards,i thought of about 25 more bad things about this life and i added them into my original list...

Its certainly quite an eye and mind opening experience to see all those bad things placed together side by side and then to think about them individually as you read through them one by one and then to think about what they mean as a group all together.It even surprises me to see and read that list and i'm the one who compiled it...

And so to me,it is painfully obvious where we are and if there is anyway out at all for us,anyway for a person to get out of hell,it will be found by showing compassion,empathy and love for eachother...it's the only way...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by blocula

This little girl is now 24 years old and at this very moment playing monopoly with some of the younger children at the same center.

I love this line....so now she is passing down the gift of learning about greed, selfishness, class societies, and monetary values
Thank God he put his life at risk getting those drugs for her for sure!

No I am not really that cold, you will only see the humor in it depending on where you are in life

Of course I am glad she survived.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
If we´re in hell, then why am i enjoying my life
and generally just having a good time, like i´ve been doing since the seventies?

If you´re miserable and your life sucks, it´s is because of YOU, not other people,
not the enviroment, just you.

Sure every life has it´s ups and downs, some crap happens that seem intolerable,
but it´s your responsibility to make the best of it, nobody else´s.
edit on 9-12-2011 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

if it was really ur way u wont justify it through this words, which prove how far u r to be real through what u call being a way
why dont u conceive ur own realizations? as if u know smthg like that ur god is going to fake ur look being compassionate and all lovings so u r waiting for that time calling it the way of liars that believe firmly noway

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
I present my case that we are in hell...

war, arson, murder, disease, old age, starvation, lying, tears, pain, suicide, stealing, cheating, blizzards, locust, genocide, floods, land mines mental retardation, train wrecks, strokes, drought, brain damage, homelessness, earthquakes, poverty, volcanic eruptions, rape, tidal waves, child abuse, animal attacks, broken bones, work, bloody wounds, asteroid impacts, plane crashes, drug addiction, heart attacks, bombs, ozone depletion, stinging insects, abortion, hail, torture, denial, class seperation, extortion, stabbing, greed, hurricanes, car crashes, forclosure, avalanches, lust, jealousy, lonliness, comet impacts, prison, depression, aneurysms, tanks, rogue waves, nausea, bribery, religious persecution, false accusations, thirst, blood clots, tornadoes, excrement, kidnapping, sleet, landslides, slavery, death camps, flame throwers, witch hunts, drownings, police brutality, toxicity, abcesses, cemetaries, snuff films, vengeance, extinction, paranoia, divorce, gluttony, terrorist attacks, frostbite, rage, mudslides, vomit, morgues, taxes, atomic weapons, whirlpools, senility, funerals, gamma ray bursts, cancer, infidelity, deafness, brainwashing, skeletal fractures, riots, quicksand, animal experimentation, hate, ransom, urine, schizophrenia, down bursts, amnesia, lightning strikes, garbage, skin bruises, grief, fainting, radioactivity, sunburn, poison, incest, mourning, strangulation, assault, puss, serial killing, choking, stillborn, autopsies, blindness, wakes, fear, nervous breakdowns, racism, the grave, blackouts, mass shootings, wild fires, decay, infections, shock, dementia, multiple personalities, toothaches, alcoholism, coffins, nuclear meltdowns, embalming, megalomania, loansharking, electrocution, insanity, gang violence, hopelessness, withering, molestation, solar flares, mistrust, sink holes, strife, ice ages, economic collapse, tyranny, headaches, destitution, shell shock, fatigue, intimidation, hypothermia, machine guns, inflation, rabies, sore throats, pole shifts, traffic jams, plagues, hypothermia, earaches, hijacking, schizophrenia, home invasions, tombstones, super storms...

That sad and sorry list goes on and on and on...

I rest my case...We are in hell...imo...

Hell is in your mind son.
I am sorry for you if you have been affected by any/all of the above.

Hell for most (western world) people is the boredom.
Hell as a notion is like infinity as a notion-
No matter how bad, it can always be worse.

Times are indeed grim though, but remember that it is the actions of power hungry men and
their secret societys that has forged this sinister path for the rest of us. Knowing this,
and knowing how life for so many could be so easily vastly improved- maybe that's hell.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Blocula, I don't see you making a case here, rather presenting a list of grievances. Why not do a comparison/ contrast study.

ie., Heaven is eternal and people there are immortal, Earth is ever changing and people live a short mortal existence.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

the problem is what gods are revealing all about them, so clearly they are leting go their responsabilities upon the world and people, it is surely hell in a perspective since they are responsable of all what is wrong while they are meaning principally to b free from that responsability

sure we are mortals, but we cant die like before where we use to believe that superiority know what it is doing for all rights, now it becomes knowledge that gods are all evil, so dying is also hell

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

call me niave' but if this is hell let me stay
..personally things are pretty good....

theological speaking...remember even heaven has its perils ...now I am no biblical scholar but doesn't it say that the devil left with half the angels....man that must of been sad....and don't jahovias believe heaven went to war in the 70s......

so if this is hell I think I will stay...mabey come back in a different form....

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
What about:

flowers, boobies, lady bits, boobies, butterflies, boobies, computer games, movies, fresh air, trees, boobies, etc

Hell? I don't think so.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I present my case that we are NOT in hell:

images.fanpop.com...

My case rests.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

Originally posted by humphreysjim
flowers, boobies, lady bits, boobies, butterflies, boobies, computer games, movies, fresh air, trees, boobies, etc

Ummmmmm.... this post makes me wonder if my husband has secretly joined ATS!!!!

edit on 12/9/11 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/9/11 by jennybee35 because: forgot to add the boobies!! lol

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I am inclined to concur with your assessment, however, know that some humans do try to change this hell into a positive environment. There are still humans that would help someone out in times of need. Or maybe they're Angels trying to bring us out of this hell. I don't know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join