It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Present My Case That We Are In Hell

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I present my case that we are in hell...

war, arson, murder, disease, old age, starvation, lying, tears, pain, suicide, stealing, cheating, blizzards, locust, genocide, floods, land mines mental retardation, train wrecks, strokes, drought, brain damage, homelessness, earthquakes, poverty, volcanic eruptions, rape, tidal waves, child abuse, animal attacks, broken bones, work, bloody wounds, asteroid impacts, plane crashes, drug addiction, heart attacks, bombs, ozone depletion, stinging insects, abortion, hail, torture, denial, class seperation, extortion, stabbing, greed, hurricanes, car crashes, forclosure, avalanches, lust, jealousy, lonliness, comet impacts, prison, depression, aneurysms, tanks, rogue waves, nausea, bribery, religious persecution, false accusations, thirst, blood clots, tornadoes, excrement, kidnapping, sleet, landslides, slavery, death camps, flame throwers, witch hunts, drownings, police brutality, toxicity, abcesses, cemetaries, snuff films, vengeance, extinction, paranoia, divorce, gluttony, terrorist attacks, frostbite, rage, mudslides, vomit, morgues, taxes, atomic weapons, whirlpools, senility, funerals, gamma ray bursts, cancer, infidelity, deafness, brainwashing, skeletal fractures, riots, quicksand, animal experimentation, hate, ransom, urine, schizophrenia, down bursts, amnesia, lightning strikes, garbage, skin bruises, grief, fainting, radioactivity, sunburn, poison, incest, mourning, strangulation, assault, puss, serial killing, choking, stillborn, autopsies, blindness, wakes, fear, nervous breakdowns, racism, the grave, blackouts, mass shootings, wild fires, decay, infections, shock, dementia, multiple personalities, toothaches, alcoholism, coffins, nuclear meltdowns, embalming, megalomania, loansharking, electrocution, insanity, gang violence, hopelessness, withering, molestation, solar flares, mistrust, sink holes, strife, ice ages, economic collapse, tyranny, headaches, destitution, shell shock, fatigue, intimidation, hypothermia, machine guns, inflation, rabies, sore throats, pole shifts, traffic jams, plagues, hypothermia, earaches, hijacking, schizophrenia, home invasions, tombstones, super storms...

That sad and sorry list goes on and on and on...

I rest my case...We are in hell...imo...
edit on 9-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Just saw another thread similar to this recently.

Now present your points to a race of highly enlightened, and extremely bored, species and they'd see that as an adventure.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yep, blood clots, sunburn and megalomania are defo hellish things........

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by blocula

Yep, blood clots, sunburn and megalomania are defo hellish things........

So is work

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
We are in hell. Not much of a secret if people really looked at it. What could get worse than what we are living in? People think going to the eternal flame pit is hell. If you don't have any good in hell, don't get breaks from the pain, and there is nothing else but eternal suffering, you wouldn't have anything to compare that suffering to, so you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in order to feel the pain. It's just a polarity thing. Can't have bad (pain, suffering, etc...) without experiencing the good. Hell = a separation from God. Nothing more, nothing less.

You are absolutely right though, and I have been saying it since I was young, we are living in hell for sure. I just hope it doesn't get worse is all
Looking at a picture of a child sitting on the ground in some third world country starving to death will never make any sense to me. It really doesn't get much worse than that IMO...especially when as a collective society we can fix it. If the NBA, NFL, or MLB, took one year off from accepting a salary and donated that income to feed kids that are starving to death, the food shortage problem in this world would be solved instantly. Where else could we be?

Yes sir...we are in hell!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It's interesting that the Opening Post, by reason of its existence, destroys its own argument.

You took the time to type all that stuff out. There must have been a reason why you did it. I would bet that you thought the world (at least ATS) would be better in some way for seeing it. In short, you had hope. There is no hope in hell. Q.E.D.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I think you forgot Tofu.

2nd line

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I don't think we live in hell. Just think about it for a sec. People, feel both happiness and pain through their lifetime. We all experience the bad and the good. I feel, that the Earth is potentially the "in-between", neither Hell or Heaven, but the place that can depict both sides, a place where we are essentially tested

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
With that way of thinking, one could also believe that we are in Heaven, too. I could sit here for who knows how long and list all of the good things in life, but I'm too lazy.

Plus, there's not enough room on here for me to post them.

I know this world may seem hell-like most of the time (sadly). But, we are not in Hell.
edit on 9-12-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Or maybe Earth is both Heaven and Hell. If you are having a good time on Earth you are in Heaven.
If you are having a bad time on Earth you are in hell.

How many good things can you put in the good list though? Good deeds have a limited way of happening. There is sharing and forgiveness and speaking the truth vs. "Everything on the list that Blocula said".

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Your case is very, very, very weak...IMO...

Your case (in the manner of most, mild to moderate depressive cases) exhibits the kind of selective focus that excludes (selectively), ANY and ALL positivity.
The 'binocular' version of the apparent reality you can see, is akin to the racehorse with blinkers...(and at least the racehorse is using both its eyes!)...giving your ranting versions the appearance of racing round and round on a track without deviating from its 'blinkered' course.

You see these things because you are literally, if not metaphorically, blinded...the difference is moot...the result is the same...blindness...

IMO

Akushla

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I present my case that we can all find heaven on Earth, if we simply open our eyes and look

Misty mornings, old books, children’s laughter, dancing in the rain, dew on spider webs, sunsets sunrises, dark forests, snow capped peaks, chocolate, pizza, first kisses, trees, true love, laughter, comedy, birds, butterflies, old stone churches, morning light, storm swept lonely beaches, Art, best friends, clouds, Autumn, meditation, first snow, first day of Spring, stars, full moon, long walks, untouched wilderness, stained glass, long hot showers, incense, fireworks, owls, waking up before next to your beloved and watching them sleep, babies smile, cherry blossoms, red wine, weed, peaches, fond memories, babies eyes, baby animals, poetry, first steps, women looking over their shoulder and smiling at you, anyone smiling at you, green leaves against a blue sky, slate grey rainy days, walking across grass barefoot, black and white movies, camp fires, marsh mellows, icy cold beer on hot hot day, daydreams, steamy passionate monkey sex, walking in the rain, skinny dipping, singing, candle light, roses, Summer, your inner child, belly buttons, laugh lines, wooden cottages in the woods, old couples holding hands, young couples holding hands, Friday afternoons, old museums, Christmas……..

I rest my case

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
LOL.....vomit.

Half that list are things Old Testament God used to brutally kill people for disobedience.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

and your case is equally comparable to walking in a room only looking down and telling everyone there is no ceiling. Also, why is hell getting better? We are not living in the worst times of our existence, not even close.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
well they say in heaven, love comes first.

well make heaven a place on earthhhhhh.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I Present My Case That We Are In Hell

Nope!

Sorry OP but...

Some of us filed for and were granted a divorce a few years back and given a reprieve.

edit on 9-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Dear blocula

One day is 1996 a little girls mother dies of an AIDS related dieses and she is referred to a Catholic mission in SE Asia.

An Italian priest who founded the mission is sick and tired of performing funerals for children dieing of AIDS. Because there are no drugs available to fight the AIDS various in that country at that time.

So he goes on a trip to Europe and India and fills suite cases with ARV’s and smuggles them into the country at great personal risk of imprisonment.

This little girl is now 24 years old and at this very moment playing monopoly with some of the younger children at the same center. She is working as a care assistant.

There is always a balance with out as you describe the real bad we could not recognize the good.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I may be without work but I'm beyond happy and content. Seriously. Bad things happen but it's how you choose to look at it. Sure, get upset or mad but you can't dwell cuz it won't change the situation. I've learned that life is a see saw. You have good and bad times. But the sun always shines even when dark clouds are covering it. The bad does move. Just as the good wears off and bad comes again. But that's life. Sucks there are bad things but there are a plethora of great things too.

Definitely a good/evil place. When you have cognizant beings such as homo sapiens running around, you're GOING to have good and evil. That's just life. Hell? Nah. Though some days can feel like it, sure.

I think life is more 'How do you cope in this situation? Do you give up or keep getting back up and going forward?" Because no one knows what the next hour or day will bring.

I have hope, joy, love, warmth. I give, share, laugh, smile, help others. I'm kind, loving, friendly, have a nice word for people I pass by. I have friends, family, goals, dreams. That's not hell. It makes all the bad stuff that does happen to me easier to handle and then, when it passes, I still have the above and a wider smile on my face.

If this were hell, we'd all be lamenting and sobbing and in excrutiating pain all the time. This aint hell.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
We are not in hell, I don't believe in hell because God, the universe loves us so much that God would never let us go to such a place. It's made up to make us humans afraid, so that most of the made up religions can scare us to do as they please, it's sad, but true.

We chose to come here, we chose to experience this, we can't remember why, we can't remember excactly what, but we will remember it all when our physical bodies dies, and our spirit carries on. I am an eternal being just like you, just like everyone, and by me I really mean me as my soul, we often forget that we are more than these human bodies.

But the point is that this is not what you think it is.

|.|SLO7H|.|

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
one mans heaven is another ones hell
the world is what You we and I make of it whether +1 or -1 is relative to position and context their infinite space between both ones as well as outside and beyond them.
nothing is everything, but everything is not nothing

<<   2  3  4 >>

join