It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU fails to agree treaty - intergovernmental agreement instead. 2 tier Europe a reality

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by davereality

Why is it bad news, because we wouldn't cedd anymore power to them because of their bad fiscal management. You do realise that the accounts for the EU have not been signed off for over 12 years, due to mis management and corruption.

Switzerland and Norway have good working partnerships with Europe and they are not in the Euro, why shouldn't we expect the same

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Who can argue with cheap fags and booze from the continent

reply to post by trustnothing

don't you have to have the hope of getting some money to get one of those loans?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Maybe someone can explain this to me.
It was claimed in an interview today that the proposed changes would ONLY have affected the eurozone countries therefore we would have had nothing to lose by signing up. Is the former true? Because if it is, why indeed would we not cooperate? Could it be that that the long term plan is for us to join the Euro?

Whatever - I don't think we are out of the woods yet. I foresee a time when we WILL be part of a tighter union because that's the game plan. I see everyone has buckled now except UK.
edit on 9-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

No we would not be in the clear as others have put it.

Take Ireland for example they were given the opportunity in a referendum to say yes or no.

They voted No. Did those in Europe agree with this decision. NO. the Irish were forced, to have another referendum until the Irish Citizens said Yes.

If they can do that with Ireland. I can only imagine what they are going to try and do to the UK to punish us for basically telling them where to go, with their proposals.

I can see the rhetoric between the UK and other countries in Europe going from bad to worse over this.

Just be thankfull it is not Labour who are in the Government right now. We would be joining the rest of those in Europe. I am not usually like the tory party. But I agree with what Cameron has done.

edit on 9-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Off topic I know, but is it just me or do we English love any chance possible to give the Frenchies and Germans a kick in the bollocks now and again??

If you could only see the huge smile on my face right now!

I got dumped by my gf yesterday but this has made everything ok

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Off course we do, it has always been like that since we joined up 30 years ago.

We like to stick it to them as they say.

Just remember no citizen in the EU has had a say in wither they agree to this or not. Their political Masters have basically rail rolled them into this. We will see if there is any reprocussions over this,

As to the other comment, Hope you will feel better, and there are plenty more fish in the sea as they say.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Well it is official on UK News Channels

The UK stands alone, as all Of the other EU countries have agreed to draw up a new treaty for the Euro Zone.

And so it begins.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
For those that interested, here is the common statement, for the Intergovernmental agreement.

The European Union and the euro area have done much over the past 18 months to improve
economic governance and adopt new measures in response to the sovereign debt crisis. However,market tensions in the euro area have increased, and we need to step up our efforts to address the current challenges. Today we agreed to move towards a stronger economic union. This implies action in two directions:
- a new fiscal compact and strengthened economic policy coordination;
- the development of our stabilisation tools to face short term challenges.

Intergovernmental Agreement

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I remember 'the Common Market'. That's how it was sold to the British people. Since then it's become a fundamentally different beast. The noose tightens year on year. The Eurocrats who make the decisions are unelected - our MEPs have little say. How can anyone think this is a good thing?
Meanwhile our borders have been opened to E Europeans who can come here and even claim child benefit for their kids back home. Not blaming them but how can anyone think this is a good thing?
The whole European thing is a bloodsucking gravytrain - even it's accounts are not properly audited. How can anyone think this is a good thing?
I'm disappointed that everyone but the UK appears to have fallen in line. Bad things happen to those who defy the EU machine. I hope DC is watching his back. Though of course there remains the possibility that all of this is just a charade.
eureferendum.blogspot.com...
edit on 9-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Thanks for the link!

Solving the debt crisis in seven pages . . . there's a whole lot of phrases such as move towards and will require and commit to establishing and will continue to work on . . . and many inferences of pretty much taking self-determination out of the hands of all but the very wealthiest of member nations.

Nice to see all the back-patting and collective squeeling of the trough-bound piggies they are, but it seems to me it's only a matter of time before they all become pork chops as power becomes more and more consolidated.

Can't wait to see how this plays out on main street once the constituents of the aformentioned squeeling piggies realize they're in for a decade or two of goose-stepping to austerity measures determined abroad.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I always wonder how would have Thatcher coped with Merkel.

Now that would have been interesting to have seen if thatcher were the PM right now. How she would have reacted towards these proposals which basically has left the UK so called isolated from the rest of the EU. Although, others have played down. the speculation over this.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Im not sure exactly how isolated we are. It is a certainly a fear but at the time we won't be bound by the same constraints.

Financially, there isn't much they could do to us. Trade embargoes could be taken through the International Courts and we would be almost assured victory if any were placed against us. Same goes for tariffs on trade.

Im not sure on this, i keep swinging from wildly optimistic to fearing the backlash!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

My understanding one of the main countries Germany is exposed to (in a lot of ways) is the UK.. so I am really not sure how pleased some will be if they start shooting themselves in the foot by doing anything.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Always thought during all the elections, when thatcher was in power. Scotland rejected them while England embraced them.

Funny how things work out.

England embraced who? Thatcher is the most unpopular PM England has ever seen

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

Did I say thatcher?

I said the Conservative party. If you had read my previous comments prior you would have seen this.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

Actually, this is not true. She may be the most unpopular PM parts of Nottinghamshire, Yorkshire and the North East has seen but overall in England she remains fairly popular - like i said above, the figures show that England is a Tory stronghold and to be honest this isn't likely to change unless they go into serious meltdown.

If full blown independence works its way in, i doubt we will see anything other than Tory governments for a long long time - the figures show every government since WW2 would have been Tory.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
1) Those who can see through the lies will know TPTB are setting the stage for WW3 by an engineered economic crisis.

2) Those who can't, will wonder what the hell is going on or they don't care.

Unfortunately, most people are under category 2.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Id actually say the don't care should be category 3, rather than lumped in with category 2

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

Interesting times we live in. I am a little unsure of what Camerons game is at the moment, i am sure this is just the opening strike though. Cameron is clever , he isplaying us as usual though, i am sure things will progress andthen there will be a sting in the tail, i gaurantee it.

Whole thing needs to collapse, just by itself without the controlled demolition it appears to be.

Wonder what the next great idea will be? perhaps we should all have 1world government blah blah, you know it is coming . . . . . . Just depends how long it takes for the true colors of all to come out and when it does us little people are fooked forever more until we rise up and kick them out if it is possible.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

Can we choose the leader though or have it foisted on us?

If we choose, im banging the drum for the Cookie Monster. Or possible Oscar the Grouch.

edit on 9-12-2011 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join