It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fights on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Can anyone link me to some good ones, I'm quite new

My favorite thread so far - FUTUREGUY -

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

I must be misunderstanding you. You're having trouble finding controversy on ATS? Is this a joke?

Try religion, or the middle east or OWS for starters. I've heard that the "existence of aliens" threads get heated, but I've never been there myself.

Can't find controversy.....Imagine that. (shaking head and walking slowly into the distance).

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Hahah no I can find plenty of controversial topics but I've never seen any debates getting too heated on them yet. Guess I'll just have to keep looking.

edit on 8-12-2011 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Really? Your quest to deny ignorance has brought you to the sole purpose of wanting to find conflict among intellectuals? You come here to seek knowledge, do you not? Your Roman fantasies should be looked for elsewhere. Please, log back into your facebook account and let us be.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Well it would look like it's not only my quest for denying ignorance has gone wrong, as that was pretty ignorant. Also the mods on this site are some of the most ignorant I have seen, so I'm not really buying into the deny ignorance motto. Good site tho.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Also please do not speak of intellectuals when I have included a thread in which people are believing a man is typing from the year 2104.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

I don't go looking for fights (although maybe you and physicsadept can create one), I'm a quiet and peaceful sheep. I did notice the last post on a thread entitled: "Do we really need the police?"

Mr. Mean, you're an idiot for replying to me an not saying anything, I know your game, I know your mind.

You're so eager to let human beings down, shame on you.

Me? I leave threads with fights. It means the thinking has stopped.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The mods ruin most 'fights' from what I can tell.

I just had 1000 ATS points removed from my account because they deemed my post as ill-mannered

Woe is me.

They can keep the points but I hate that they muzzle people so much on here.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by fairguy

I don't go looking for fights (although maybe you and physicsadept can create one), I'm a quiet and peaceful sheep. I did notice the last post on a thread entitled: "Do we really need the police?"

Mr. Mean, you're an idiot for replying to me an not saying anything, I know your game, I know your mind.

You're so eager to let human beings down, shame on you.

Me? I leave threads with fights. It means the thinking has stopped.

See now that was a much more civil way of saying you dont really agree, kudos to you my good man

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by fairguy

Really? Your quest to deny ignorance has brought you to the sole purpose of wanting to find conflict among intellectuals? You come here to seek knowledge, do you not? Your Roman fantasies should be looked for elsewhere. Please, log back into your facebook account and let us be.

Its called debate.

Why are you so snipey and rude?

Did you really need to insult the guy?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Text Me? I leave threads with fights. It means the thinking has stopped.
reply to post by charles1952

Seems you are the one that isnt thinking. Maybe we should all agree on everything?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

I know, you can speak of guns, reptilian jews running america, alien spaceships coming to earth and pretty much anything else you can fathom, but you cant say a few swearwords
Deny Ignorance indeed!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Dear theovermensch,

I made a mistake with my choice of words. I think that's created a misunderstanding between us.

When I said I leave threads with fights, I intended to use the word fight to include anger, name calling, personal insults, that sort of thing. I enjoy disagreements. The only thing I like more than a disagreement is having people working together to find a truth they didn't know before.

I'm sorry I conveyed the impression I did, but I trust it's cleared up now.

(By the way "Text Me?" isn't an accurate quote of my post. I simply said "Me?")

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It also doesn't mean that I am only on here to find conflict. I just felt in the mood to read some other peoples. Some people are REALLY quick to judge.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Think I'll just go to sleep instead since you aren't allowed to look for conflict on a debating forum

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Dear theovermensch,

I made a mistake with my choice of words. I think that's created a misunderstanding between us.

When I said I leave threads with fights, I intended to use the word fight to include anger, name calling, personal insults, that sort of thing. I enjoy disagreements. The only thing I like more than a disagreement is having people working together to find a truth they didn't know before.

I'm sorry I conveyed the impression I did, but I trust it's cleared up now.

(By the way "Text Me?" isn't an accurate quote of my post. I simply said "Me?")

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

There is a difference between stumbling upon disagreement and looking for instigation. As for myself... why did I even check this thread out in the first place? *Sigh* perhaps because I know that I am just as Romanly minded as everyone else. Unfortunately, I also have the ability to look at myself and assess the situation. Though deep down I think everyone has a true potential for evil, I also think that everyone has equal potential to evolve and actually find what really matters. I think that far too many people are concerned with finding conflict than people are concerned with resolving it.

I am in NO WAY saying everyone should agree always and hold hands forever. Conflict brings forth change, and everyone should be seeking change in something, am I correct? However, I think what is comes down to is that people no longer know why a war is fought, yet they continue to fight it. People forget in politics that we should vote for what is right, not what is strictly one party or the other. Too many people would rather watch two people fight than shake hands in unity. Again, I am not saying peace and love for all... merely I believe it is time for people to wake up.

Fight for what matters.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

There is a difference between stumbling upon disagreement and looking for instigation. As for myself... why did I even check this thread out in the first place? *Sigh* perhaps because I know that I am just as Romanly minded as everyone else. Unfortunately, I also have the ability to look at myself and assess the situation. Though deep down I think everyone has a true potential for evil, I also think that everyone has equal potential to evolve and actually find what really matters. I think that far too many people are concerned with finding conflict than people are concerned with resolving it.

I am in NO WAY saying everyone should agree always and hold hands forever. Conflict brings forth change, and everyone should be seeking change in something, am I correct? However, I think what is comes down to is that people no longer know why a war is fought, yet they continue to fight it. People forget in politics that we should vote for what is right, not what is strictly one party or the other. Too many people would rather watch two people fight than shake hands in unity. Again, I am not saying peace and love for all... merely I believe it is time for people to wake up.

Fight for what matters.

See now that isn't where I was going with this at all, oh well

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I am beginning to think that the point of this thread has been fulfilled. This person wanted conflict, look what happened to this thread...

Also, does no one else find it funny that the OP's avatar is pointing a gun to whoever is looking?

edit on 9-12-2011 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I didnt even read that. I got to "sigh" and my brain couldnt keep reading. Do you "yawn" also?

You sound like a parrot

When I read "sigh" or "yawn" it makes me want to vomit. Are you really so superior?.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join