It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a follicle of truth to the story of Samson's hair? Long hair has hidden powers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Science of the Spirit

I came across this interesting story which outlines the following:

Hair is an extension of the nervous system, it can be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly evolved 'feelers' or 'antennae' that transmit vast amounts of important information to the brain stem, the limbic system, and the neocortex.

The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

The story stems from Indians and Soldiers, but if you take the context out of the box, you can almost picture why women are more emotionally susceptible than men.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
whats all the buzz about long hair? im pretty sure there was a post just a few days ago with that same link. last haircut i had was a year and a half ago, i notice no difference between long and short, except more girls look my way..

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Thread is already in discussion about the same subject!

The Truth about hair & why native Americans

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

Dear Glargod,

Don't know the answer to your question; but, I know the answer to the question of Samson. It had nothing to do with his hair, he had made a promise to God that he would not ever drink or cut his hair, that is why he had strength. He did not lose his strength because his hair was cut, he lost it because he did not keep his promise.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
Thread is already in discussion about the same subject!

That'll teach me to do a search LOL

thanks for including the link, it had a link to an even older post.

Very interesting

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by heavychevy13
whats all the buzz about long hair? im pretty sure there was a post just a few days ago with that same link. last haircut i had was a year and a half ago, i notice no difference between long and short, except more girls look my way..

same thing happened to me when i went from long hair to number 3 clippers

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

Science of the Spirit

This isn't science.

This is pretty much the exact opposite of science.

Science is all about what you can prove in experiment, and according to your own source, the very site that hosts the story makes no scientific claim and implies it could be just a completely made up story for all they know:

SOTT can't confirm this story or the research it suggests took place
Move it to another forum like skunk works, until you find the research. When you find the scientific research, then move it back to the science forum.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

- A link and short quote if necessary

- A brief description

- YOUR thoughts, comments or opinion on the subject.

edit on 10/12/2011 by Sauron because: Mod Note

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

Not only is there another thread on ATS on the same subject, there is also a post by me on that thread about the Samson story.

I think you will find it interesting. Have a look.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

edit on 8-12-2011 by EndGovtCorruption because: (no reason given)

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

- A link and short quote if necessary

- A brief description

- YOUR thoughts, comments or opinion on the subject.

edit on 10/12/2011 by Sauron because: Mod Note

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Star for the title of your thread. Not sure if others caught on to the "follicle" piece, but thats good humor.

I will say I had short hair for the majority of my life and four the last 4 years of my life I have grown dreads out. Not some done in a hair shop dreads. I mean some Natty boyz that decided their own paths. I can also tell you this I was very much sensitive to the more pyschic side of life and in the past 4 years it has grown exponetially.

I would def believe there is a hair of truth in long hair and the correlation of pyschic abilities.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

I agree it IS interesting, but I do recall this being a thread topic almost a year ago as well. And now twice, recently. Maybe it's a new, seasonal thing? Still, interesting nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
So disrespectful to post a BIBLE story in the science section.

This is a not so good question..considering a lot of the worlds strongest men rock short hair.
DOH

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by rationalistswagger

So disrespectful to post a BIBLE story in the science section.

I quite agree. You might as well drop a Bible in nitric acid. The effect would be about the same.

This is a not so good question..considering a lot of the worlds strongest men rock short hair. DOH

It’s about sex, not strength, silly.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Please add any comments or opinions to this already ongoing thread,

Thank you,

Thread closed.

Sauron.

join