It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Border Collie is more human than most.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
My dog is a people. Please don't move my post.

I've had many great dogs throughout my life. However, my Border Collie is nearly.... or is my soul mate. She is so dang loveable and I always feel her around me, even when she is hiding in my bed or under it.

No matter where I am, I feel that she is behind me looking over. Often, I do look behind me to see if she is there.

She has a very good grasp on vocabulary and listens to me to a "T"! Never have to worry about her. She follows commands effortlessly.

What a great love she is. Often I worry that I may die before her. That would devastate her. It would devastate me. She completely relies on me. If I would die first, I worry that she would not be able to cope. Truly worried here.

Some people find it odd to have such a close relationship with an animal. Yet, I tell you.....she is family. Smart and one of the best friends I've ever had.

What a love.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Collies are an extremely intelligent breed. I watched a dog documentary and it said they had a certain gene that led them to have more intelligence (or was believed to be so). Here's a link to it if you're interested

www.megavideo.com...

I have 5 dogs myself, love them to death. Collie mix, Pure bread German Shep, 2 jack russels, and a mutt
A whole kennel I guess

The Collie/half German shepherd is definitely more intelligent than the others. He seems to have a much more independent line of thought than the rest

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have a 3 wonderful dogs ... but by far our dog rage is the smartest animal ive ever seen. He is a mutt of german shepard/huskie/wolf ... the boy is sarcasticly smart. He can open and close doors, listens like he speaks english, if someone gets on his wrong side he will get his revenge haha.But he is just a beautiful soul.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Thanx for the reply. Didn't think it would go anywhere. You are a good human being to take care of five dogs.

I've got three. My Border Collie of course, a Golden Retriever and a Shepard mix. So...one can say I have three of the smartest dogs.

They are all beautiful. The Golden is tremendously loveable and the Shepard mix is extremely loyal. However, my Border Collie is my love. She is amazingly smart.

What is more amazing......all my dogs were saved. I did not set out to get a particular breed.

The Border was saved from a farm in OK, the Golden was saved from the streets in TN and my beautiful Sheppard was saved from a rental property I had, also in OK.

I'm very lucky to have such great animals I call "people".

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

My dogs know doors as well. How hilarious. What great dogs you have.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

Rage is a very cool name.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

I have to admit i came to your thread only because I wanted to see how your sentence ended. My border collie is more human than most." More human than most humans? (I can see that.) Than most collies? Than most dogs?

My favorite was a rescued Sheltie, but I'm weird.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I'm weird too. Join the club.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Border Collies Rock.
I have 2 dogs, 1 is half BC and she is brilliant.
my other is also a rescue dog (mixed, mutt) , extremely devoted I'll say that.
Border Collies are very human like, understand plain talk, your emotions and moods, just very unique.
I understand you perfectly.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

You know, most people think of dogs being simply nothing more than alarm bells. Thank you for your understanding. My BC is smarter than most 5 year olds. What a great dog.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Your post brings a wellspring of happiness and remeberance to me. My 'ol buddy Chance was a rescue Border Collie/German Sheppard mix too. By the time he was two, he knew English, Spanish, German and sign commands. He knew the names of everyone we knew and all of his toys. He'd even put the toys away when he was done with them.

He'd want attention at breakfast, nudging me while I'm eating, getting ready to work and I'd tell him..."Go give Mama kisses."

Off he'd go to lick her face as she was putting on make up....

I could tell him that he wasn't eating dinner until he brought his Brudder home for dinner. (His Brudder was the ex's kid). The kid and Dawg showed up everytime within 15 minutes.

The ex took him when we broke up as I was deploying all the time. But I still miss and love that Dawg. I have so many stories regarding Chance. He was a lighthouse in my life as far as I concerned.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

That was heartfelt. Thank you!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I exceeded my time in making an edit to my post to you. I've read it several times and I have to say how beautiful our relationship is to our extended family members we call pets. They are not pets, they are family.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

That's good to hear all your dogs were saved and not bought from puppy mills. Mine were all saved as well. A couple of them came from abused homes. It's sad to see the long lasting emotional/behavioral/personality affects of being abused at an early age still have on them to this day compared to the ones that came from normal homes.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

That's good to hear all your dogs were saved and not bought from puppy mills. Mine were all saved as well. A couple of them came from abused homes. It's sad to see the long lasting emotional/behavioral/personality affects of being abused at an early age still have on them to this day compared to the ones that came from normal homes.

Certainly I wish people would go to the pound and look at a sad/happy face of a dog. They are all such beautiful creatures. With love, all dogs are great companions. Truly I hate puppy mills and retail outlets. There is no need for them. Many loving dogs are available at your local dog pound. Dog pound sounds awful. However, it really is the Auschwitz of the animal kingdom.

Thank you for your reply.

top topics

join