It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Greece riots. Insane stuff!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I'm aware this is a year old, but it is still going on!!

What are your thoughts and how do you think this will ever be sorted?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Also I'd be very surprised if the man at the end (I think he's a banker) got out of there without serious injury. Not that he doesn't deserve it of course but, well, ya know.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hate to bring reality to the door but the rioting is actually quite sane and of sound mind.

This is what you view as normal and in reality is indeed Insane.

news.yahoo.com...

gma.yahoo.com...

rivals.yahoo.com...

omg.yahoo.com...

movies.yahoo.com...

sports.yahoo.com...

sports.yahoo.com...

news.yahoo.com...

Then you have the ones that play with their android and iPhones more than half of the day and take experts at their word.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
haha that's best, have to love a molotov. Cheers for sharing OP.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I spent some time talking a protester at the Occupy camp I was at and he'd recently come to the United States from Greece. His other half was an American who did refugee work in Africa which is how they met and he came here. He'd been in some of that unrest over there and may have been at the one in the video for all I know. If that's a year ago, the timing would be right.

Anyway, he'd said the Greek cops were far far worse than anything we'd seen here and were just outright sadistic. He'd also said the videos don't capture the true sense of being there. It's worse. I found the discussion with him and the insight into the tactics and experience of the European and Greek authorities very interesting and useful.

I hope the Greeks find a way out of the mess they're in without losing everything in the process. Their hole is very deep for such a small nation. The problem is, their nation is so very important in historical and cultural terms. It isn't like some bush republic in Africa the world can blow off without consequence.

edit on 8-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

So you consider throwing petrol bombs, rocks, smoke grenades, letting a fire extinguisher off in someones face and general lunacy to be sane? I know they've had enough, and I know the people deserve a voice and should be able to use it but don't you think thats a tad extreme?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Looks like something that the American Occupy Protest might come to in the end, force-ably of course. The Banker or whatever he was in the end of the clip didn't look to fortunate. Perhaps it was the people getting back what was taken from them.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I understand that the very few videos there is of the police fighting back they do seem to come off quite worse.

Let's hope they do finally manage to work it out although with all the eurozone madness, I cant see that happening any time soon.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thanks for that, yeah that was some insane stuff !
And, as you stated, still going on.
I know why the crowd is angry
But I also know it's wrong to hurt the banker.
If only they could just scare the living ****
out of them and get change.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by causeimalive

Sounds plausible, but I don't think there'll be too many U.S. bankers hanging around to take the beating

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Also those links you posted only serve to prove how stupid some people really are, to swallow a Justin Bieber look-a-like getting taunted as news

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

There are dozens more on youtube, if you like that sort of thing

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Fairguy, i understand what your saying. But what options are left when peaceful protesting is ignored by the Gov and demonized by the MSN? I really believe that in a country like america as soon as the the gov loses control of the economic situation and the effects show by changing the majority (middle class) of peoples daily routine we will see what we saw in that video andmprobably much worse.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

I sincerely hope this doesn't happen in america, I think if it does the U.S. government will have no second thoughts about enforcing the ever-feared martial law. Look at the way peaceful protesters are being treated, imagine how they'd react to being pelted with anything that comes to hand.
edit on 8-12-2011 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Holy tits. Wow that is crazy stuff!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alwayssmile2

I didn't know you could say tits on this site, thanks

TITSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

link   
Come on now, that's not Greece- that's Russia. That happened in Moscow last night.

:::end sarcasm

link   
reply to post by alwayssmile2

I didn't know you could say tits on this site, thanks

TITSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

In soviet russia, riots happen to people

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The irony is that in Greece, they are fighting and protesting against being brought into a more centralized/globalized, less democratic system.
The OWS camp here is trying to bring us to a more centralized, less democratic system.

Greece is already past that point. The US is moving toward it(we still have a window to avoid that crap if we defy our current leadership).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join