It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could OWS be the reset button?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Lets say hypothetically that the OWS movement took a drastic turn and turned into a massive revolt/revolution and out of it the United States Government was reformed. Would the U.S. still be obligated in it's debts? Could this be a reset so to speak? Could this be the real reason congress is passing so many absurd bills? Possibly to enrage people to the point of revolt? Look at all the crazy Police brutality lately, it's absurd to the point were it's allmost daily. Like tonight @ midnight they are supposidly going to evict occupy Boston. They have to know this will enrage protesters and only breed more if it goes violent? is this intentional? I personally think the U'S. Government is grasping at straws right now at anything to get out of this debt. I mean all the posturing with Iran, Pakistan, Syria, Ect..
Anyway just a thought. What do you think?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

I think you have a good point and intriguing way of looking at it. However, if the government is reformed, the people in power lose that power. And I dont think they are quite ready to give anything up.
edit on 09/04/2010 by nolordbutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nolordbutme

Well I am sure their political careers would be over, but they would still have their assets i am sure.Also if the country went into default it would be just as bad for them right?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
they would lose their control though. the country defaulting hurts them but they still hold on to their power in order to try and work everything out. how they work it out doesnt matter as long as they are the ones making the decisions to fulfill their ultimate goals.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It could be due to the plan, just another stepping stone in the path of special interest? At some point though you have to step back and say "really". They came in full force in the beginning of the protest so maybe this is how they are going to be all the way through. At some point the people will feel like they have no other choice and thats when the revolt will begin. And your right, maybe they want this so they can declare martial law.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think your getting a little to excited pal.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Sorry, I thought you were talking about a "reset button" such as the US presented to Russia. OWS is certainly not one of those.

Lets say hypothetically that the OWS movement took a drastic turn and turned into a massive revolt/revolution and out of it the United States Government was reformed. Would the U.S. still be obligated in it's debts?
Even with the old leaders, the US can just say "We won't pay our bills." Don't need OWS for that. But what happens when you want to borrow any money from anyone ever again? The US will have an instant 350 credit score. (Or whatever score is lower.)

Could this be a reset so to speak? Could this be the real reason congress is passing so many absurd bills? Possibly to enrage people to the point of revolt? . . . I personally think the U'S. Government is grasping at straws right now at anything to get out of this debt. I mean all the posturing with Iran, Pakistan, Syria, Ect..
So you think the US is trying to stir up a domestic war and an all out regional war in order to reduce it's debt? You'll have to explain it to me. I must be misunderstanding you.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

OWS is still around? Anyways, OWS crap aside, when a Government "reforms" it usually is not obligated to any debt.. in the past reneging on debts after reforms and or revolutions usually resulted in harsh economic treatment from other nations, and in fact, all out war. For instance in Germany when Hitler reformed the government he reneged on all debts owed to other countries for WWI and in fact began assaulting other nations.. the foreign debt issue is what propelled him to power.

In other instances a default of any kind is treated like the plague.. you get locked away in your isolated little corner of the World and no one wants to do business with you..

In yet more cases, such as the United States, after economic reforms debt never changed, and when we revolted against the British no debts were held in good standing, but in order to gain economic support from others debts were acquired. Banks especially fund both ends of wars.. if "OWS" turned into a revolution (please..) they would likely acquire a massive sum of debt trying to do it. Revolutions are not free.. you either finance a well planned revolution or you go about it haphazardly with no leadership ie Egypt and end up in a military despotism.

PS. We are not "obligated" to our current debt with our current government either.. nothing says we have to pay it.. but if we didn't, the World economy would implode.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

I wanted to share this with the forum and felt that this thread was a good place.

www.reverbnation.com...

I think that the reset has already been pressed.

new topics

top topics

join