It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Reported Near Alaska's HAARP Array

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Earthquake Reported Near Alaska's HAARP Array

A 4.4-magnitude earthquake was reported just before 4:26 p.m. AKST near the Alaska towns of Gulkana, Glenallen and Gakona on Thursday, and just miles from the massive federal military installation known as HAARP. That's according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

I just saw this come through on some of my local news feeds. Could be nothing, but earthquake activity in that region is not very common. I thought it worthy of discussion.

I rarely post new topics, but with all the HAARP people on here, I thought maybe some of you might be able to make something of this. This is about 6 hours by car from my place!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'd just note here that Earthquakes aren't terribly common in Oklahoma, Texas or Virginia either...

The fact the HAARP facility got a taste of it themselves tends to support my growing feeling that the Earth is waking , if only a little, from a geologic slumber and not funny business out of that antenna array. It may be doing entirely different things we wouldn't like much better...but it's my feeling we're going to see a distinct uptick in future quakes in oddball places for awhile.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

It would be a little funny if some private pushed the wrong button and reversed the polarity and created a tremor unto the facility hehehe

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I've lived here my whole life, and the Alaska Dispatch is a pretty reliable, albeit alternative news agency. To my knowledge, earthquakes don't normally hit the interior of Alaska very often.

If I had to think conspiracies -- perhaps an experiment went wrong, or a disgruntled employee made a "mistake". I've driven by the access road to the facility, and you won't get anywhere close before black vans and SUV's start heading your way. It's very similar to trying to get close to Area 51. Unless you're authorized and expected, you'll be intimidated and forced to turn back. What I don't get is -- this place is supposed to be working with UAF (University of Alaska Fairbanks) -- but I've never heard of students going to the facility, simply using data it collects.

I work with an older woman who claims she worked as a secretary during its construction. She *will not* discuss details about it (claims she can't) and mutters things about the weather when it's brought up. I checked into one of the contractors she said was a part of it's construction and it's legit...how she would know about some obscure DOD communications contractor is beyond me...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Unfortunately HAARP technology is not the best earth shielding or harmonics adjuster.

Supposedly forgiveness is

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Oh I certainly won't argue HAARP is running on the deep black side of covert projects and research. There has been just enough that HAS come out to highlight how much hasn't and never will so that point is what one might call a giant open secret. Lol.... Leave it to Uncle Sam to build a super-secret DARPA project and then post signs declaring it's a Super-Secret research station, complete with security out of a bad Hollywood movie.

I'm just not convinced HAARP is the right type of system or technology to do THAT dirty deed. Behavior modification by certain ELF frequency ranges has certainly come up and within what they'd seem capable of physically. Weather modification research, if not outright operations are almost a certainty in my mind....but not Earthquakes, IMO.

Alaska DOES certainly seem quite active in the interior here just recently though and I agree, that isn't real common. I've been watching the quake data and maps for quite awhile now with everything else happening and usually see the quakes along the coast line and especially down the Islands...but not normally in swarms all over the center of the state. Interesting, indeed.

edit on 8-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
for those who will normally cry "it was HAARP!" . . . this probably WAS NOT . . . why would they induce a quake that could damage their array?

fracking is a more likely scenario, or the earth is trying to expel us . . .
after a bit of research, it appears they injected appx 40k gallons of fluids containing diesel into the ground in alaska from '05 to '09 . . .

3.3 mil gallons of fluid containing diesel were pumped into oklahoma, 1.3 mil in colorado
however, it only shows PA to have pumped only 589 gallons of fluid containing diesel into the ground but they are still very heavily involved in fracking.

This data only shows through '09 so no telling how much higher these numbers are to date. . fracking has been booming the last 2-3 years

so maybe all of the previous quakes have been related to fracking somehow

Democrats Committee on Energy and Commerce
edit on 8-12-2011 by lurker007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The university up in Fairbanks uses data gathered by HAARP -- They have one of those Cray super computers up there to crunch the numbers from it. Could be a public cover story?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

This should keep you in the loop sorta lol Yellow Stone had a 1 magna. Not big but definitely worth tracking

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lurker007

Could you elaborate on the location of this injection?

Pumping fluids (mud and water) down into oil wells is an old technique used on the North Slope oil fields north of Fairbanks quite often. Prudhoe Bay has it's own water treatment plant to purify sea water for down well injection. I saw it first hand the summer I worked there.

They learned from the Russians that sea water contains microbes that like to "eat" crude oil -- the Russians ruined a vast oil deposit by pumping un-treated sea water down wells. Oops! This technique increases well head pressure and enables more oil to be extracted.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for that graphic!

I've lived here nearly 30 years and never heard of any earthquakes reported by family members of friends around the Fairbanks area. I check that site quite often myself...

I suppose I should retract my initial assesment that the area is not prone to earthquakes. Hm. It just never gets reported here (as most earthquakes, even along the Aleutians over 4.0 make the news here).

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

not sure where the injections take place in alaska, but this is more than just mud and water

many states are having hearings and such to get the fracking companies to disclose the chemicals used in this practice. . . . .

hydraulic fracturing in short . . . directional drilling into shale deposits . .. they pump it full of chemicals and the pressure from the chemicals fractures the shale, releasing petroleum, natural gas, coal seam gas, or other substances for extraction

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I've driven by the access road to the facility, and you won't get anywhere close before black vans and SUV's start heading your way. It's very similar to trying to get close to Area 51.

Come on mate, let's not exaggerate here ok.

HAARP is nothing like Area 51. All it has is a single fence and a gate, doesn't even have a guard house!

I've worked at construction sites with more security than that.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

It would be great if the whole thing were swallowed up into the Earth. At least then, when earthquakes occur, people will stop harping about HAARP being the cause. Or, maybe they'll just blame it on another facility...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

that would be great, but other array's have been set up, and some speculate there are mobile array's . . .HAARP in alaska was just the first, and I think the largest if my memory serves correctly.. . . Losing that facility wouldn't mean the technology is not elsewhere being used for the same purposes (scientifical or diabolical)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well they certainly come out to greet you.

No, this isn't area 51. It's more remote. It's totally flat. Because of this they can spot a vehicle that is unscheduled very fast. You'll see the signs and the fences and eventually the vehicles. At this point a smart person decides to turn back.

Funny how Alaska has more coastline than the entire contiguous United States, and is strategically located along the Pacific Rim yet there isn't a Naval Base there?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Well they certainly come out to greet you.

Did you catch Jesse Ventura's show when he turned up at the gate?

He had to wait a while.

No, this isn't area 51. It's more remote. It's totally flat. Because of this they can spot a vehicle that is unscheduled very fast.

It's also surrounded by pine trees and only a few hundred feet off the highway, are you sure you're talking about the same place??

You'll see the signs and the fences and eventually the vehicles. At this point a smart person decides to turn back.

I dunno, the guy who took THIS PHOTO didn't seem to have any issues...

I found this place by accident, just pulled off the highway a bit to pee and there it was. It was a holiday weekend & the place seemed empty so I relived myself on their fence without any problems.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

That building is on the wrong highway, and in the wrong direction!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join