It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Concepcion' Crater - A Martian Horse "Statue"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
That's why I always try to follow all the "anomalies threads", because it's a subject that I like and because I know that the more people that are looking at the photos the more probabilities we have to see something interesting.

And to me, something interesting may be "just rocks", because I like geology and geology shows us part of Mars (in this case) past.

Well said
and I agree... I too like rocks... in fact my wife gets upset because they tend to be all over the house at times

But looking at anomalies on Mars, the Moon and even on Earth is a lot more fun and informative then listening to endless pages of blind and closed minded people saying "I see only rocks" like a broken record... and then thinking is so cool to make jokes at the expense of those who see something else. Yet EVERY anomaly thread they descend in hoards to tell us "I see only rocks'" I guess we have to tolerate the little children here... >sigh<

So I spotted this at some NASA site...

PUBLIC NOTICE:

Effective Immediately

Anyone stating an item in a photograph is "Just a Rock" is required to:

1) Give the type of rock
2) Explain how that rock was formed
3) Explain how that rock came to be at the location it is found in
4) describe in point form your expertise in geology
5) submit documentation to back your claim of it being a rock

Failure to meet these requirements may mean your comment is rejected by this office. An unqualified statement of 'its just a rock..' is no more valid than a statement 'its a building'

Memo #NASA345ATS2008-A1
Date 08-28-2008

edit on 12-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No link to the NASA site then zorgon ?

Well rdunk posted this so called skull picture and I agree it looks like a skull in a low res jpeg artifact riddled pic he posted here.

Then in a better quality shot at a different angle its a ROCK!

edit on 12-12-2011 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
ATS, why is this thread still up?

It looks to me as if rDunk is a troll, or either he is deranged/deluded.

Have you seen all of his Mars threads?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
That is easily explained as a portion of sedimentary rock.

Ah so it is your expert geological opinion that the area in question was all once underwater then?

Cool Martian Atlantis revealed

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realm52

So why do you visit all his Mars thread if you don't like them? Is someone making you do it? And name calling because you disagree is not tolerated long on ATS

Been nice not knowing you

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
Well rdunk posted this so called skull picture and I agree it looks like a skull in a low res jpeg artifact riddled pic he posted here.

Ah well I will have to look at the higher res color version of that area first... but if you agree it looks like a skull then we are on the same page. It may not BE a skull but you should see my collection of Ents and other nature spirits

What I don't get is why so many people get all bent out of shape because some see things that others don't and others enjoy looking. Why does it bother them so much they start name calling, demanding threads be closed yet still feel that pathological need to harass us?

They must lead boring lives

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
No link to the NASA site then zorgon ?

Yeah I have one... its the same area that the OP is looking at. What I find interesting is this statement from NASA

Mars Rover Examines Odd Material at Small, Young Crater

Weird coatings....

Weird coatings on rocks beside a young Martian crater remain puzzling after a preliminary look at data from examination of the site by NASA's Opportunity rover.

Confirmation that the "Blue berries" were named after muffins...

soft, sulfate-rich sandstone holding harder peppercorn-size dark spheres like berries in a muffin. The little spheres, rich in iron, gained the nickname "blueberries."

Coated rocks with the fractures filled in...

"There's dark, grayish material coating faces of the rocks and filling fractures in them. At least part of it is composed of blueberries jammed together as close as you could pack them. We've never seen anything like this before."

marsrover.nasa.gov...

Now see? had the OP not posted that skull picture and had you not pointed me to it, I would never have seen this really cool article from NASA on weird stuff on Mars that even THEY cannot explain...

They further state...

Opportunity used tools on its robotic arm to examine this unusual material on a rock called "Chocolate Hills." In some places, the layer of closely packed spheres lies between thinner, smoother layers. "It looks like a blueberry sandwich," said Matt Golombek, a rover science-team member at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory,

A chocolate and blueberry sandwich
Gotta love those NASA scientists... they provide so much entertainment

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

So why do you visit all his Mars thread if you don't like them? Is someone making you do it? And name calling because you disagree is not tolerated long on ATS

Been nice not knowing you

Dude, come on.

You know the title for this thread is inaccurate.

I agree on your point that if I don't like the thread, then why bother visiting? which is why I try not to, but I can't help but find it funny that the motto for this site is 'deny ignorance', yet there's threads like this one about rocks. Do you actually believe there's a statue of a Horse on Mars? of course not, so why are you replying to everybody's comment? isn't that rDunk's job?

With so many people denying ignorance on this site, I was hoping to actually see a horse statue when I clicked on this thread
what a surprise.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Dude, come on.
You know the title for this thread is inaccurate.

A Martian Horse "Statue" -- in quotations can easily mean a rock that looks like a statue.

but I can't help but find it funny that the motto for this site is 'deny ignorance', yet there's threads like this one about rocks.

Well we do try to help skeptics deny their ignorance but its a monumental task let me tell ya

Do you actually believe there's a statue of a Horse on Mars? of course not, so why are you replying to everybody's comment? isn't that rDunk's job?

Its an open public forum... surely my comments are just as valid as yours... As to what I believe, well I see you are new around here

With so many people denying ignorance on this site, I was hoping to actually see a horse statue when I clicked on this thread
what a surprise.

Those with closed minds rarely see anything
When I see a picture like the one below... I take time to stop and look

or like this one on the Moon...

I like this one on Mars too... Kinda looks like one from Easter island

And perhaps you care to explain to me what THIS is?

There are many odd things to see in thousands of photos. Frankly I no longer care whether you see anything or not... I have no cure for the deliberately blind that embrace ignorance while claiming they are denying it

edit on 12-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think I have found another photo in which the "horse" is visible, image 1P321007007EFFABMIP2386L2M1.JPG, also from Sol 2171*.

I have marked some rocks in the photo from the opening post (although I used a panorama I made, it's easier to look for specific areas in a panorama) and on this other photo, and I think they show the same things in both photos, with the "horse" being the one marked "D".

So, what does everybody thinks, is that the same rock, or do I have to keep on looking?

*It looks like there's some confusion about the Sol, the Rovers' site shows Sol 2171, but the image on the Planetary Data System, where the images are archived, says Sol 2172

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Zorgon ..Where is this pic taken ?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Zorgon ..Where is this pic taken ?

On Mars
I have more

Interesting yes? What do you think they are? I am quite certain they are not rocks

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I would like to dig up this one

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Those are awesome pics

This "thing" have biological features

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That's cute.

A "rectangle".

A polygon on Mars.

Of course, there are "no" similar examples of one-off erosion cases here on EARTH?

I mean, if we found just ONE example here on EARTH? It would mean, what exactly??

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

More alien landscapes that I can barely make out, how does that help the situation?

edit on 12-12-2011 by Realm52 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi zorgon

You may want to try to dig it up

Then again.....

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join