It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Concepcion' Crater - A Martian Horse "Statue"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Also, isn't it interesting that you never hear anyone say "Oh, look, that horse looks like a pile of rocks". or "Hey, that bunny looks like a cloud".

I wonder why.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
So let me get this straight. We are still trying to determine that there was or is any kind of life on Mars, including bacterial life (which there probably is), and you are suggesting that not only was there life on Mars, but HORSES?

Alrighty then.

...............................................................................................
Hi AwakeinNM! Yes and no. Yes, still trying to get an "admission" that life has existed on Mars, either living there, or visiting there, for whatever reason. No, I am not saying horses lived there. What I am saying is that it was intelligent life that produced the horse statue. It may just be a statue of animal life someone (ET/alien) has seen on another planet, like on Earth. We just can't go any farther than the Rover Photo!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Also, isn't it interesting that you never hear anyone say "Oh, look, that horse looks like a pile of rocks". or "Hey, that bunny looks like a cloud".

I wonder why.

Very simple! We are intelligent enough to not do that. Then, on the other hand, I have never said a pile of rocks looked like anything but a pile of rocks either!!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennyTwenty
reply to post by rdunk

post removed by staff

..........................................................................................
Hi JennyTwenty! Welcome to the ATS forum, as I see this your first post. I am sure you will fine plenty to interest you here at the forum, and look forward to seeing you in some of the discussion.

Thanks for the link! I did go there, but, I haven't grasped it completely yet!

edit on Sat Dec 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wow..13 pages for a pile of rocks...ATS must be having a slow week....

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

........................................................................................

A pile of rocks..................YOU WISH!!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdunk

........................................................................................

Actually..
it is you that is doing the wishing. It is a pile of rocks nothing more...but I shall not reply no more...I mean 13 pages for this garbage is enough and I do not want to contribute to the insanity...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

So you took the time to post anyway!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
From looking at the rover pictures the horsey is not very large by the angle and distance from the camera. So how long do you think this miniature statue has lain in the desert?

If its eons and with the planet wide sand storms that happens at times, then there must be a curator or caretaker to expose this little rock for the roving public to view one would think.

There are NASA pictures of dune fields changing shapes from year to year so it stands to reason that sand and wind plays a part in Martian erosion and planet dynamics.

Are you saying the little fella was just made?

You do know that the rovers are in the desert on opposite sides of the planet, no?

I'm curious.
edit on 10-12-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Actually..
it is you that is doing the wishing. It is a pile of rocks nothing more...but I shall not reply no more...I mean 13 pages for this garbage is enough and I do not want to contribute to the insanity...

.................................................................................
Then, for the life of me, I don't understand why you would have replied at all, twice right here, if you really do feel that way??????? That is where the insanity starts, if there is any!!!

I see a nice horse! You see a nice rock(s)! Why would one ever take the time to try and tell me, or any OP, "you don't really see what you say you see"??? You are right, it doesn't make much sense (insanity as you say).

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

From that angle, it sure does look like a horse. Those saying otherwise are blind. But that doesn't mean it IS a horse statue. I'm sure if you saw a close up, higher resolution image (or even from another angle) you'd see it doesn't look like a horse. But anyways, thanks for sharing. We'll never know what's out there if we don't dare to look.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
From looking at the rover pictures the horsey is not very large by the angle and distance from the camera. So how long do you think this miniature statue has lain in the desert?

If its eons and with the planet wide sand storms that happens at times, then there must be a curator or caretaker to expose this little rock for the roving public to view one would think.

There are NASA pictures of dune fields changing shapes from year to year so it stands to reason that sand and wind plays a part in Martian erosion and planet dynamics.

Are you saying the little fella was just made?

You do know that the rovers are in the desert on opposite sides of the planet, no?

I'm curious.
edit on 10-12-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

.....................................................................................................................
Hi dcmb! No, I am not saying when this horse statue was made. There is no way to know when it was made. Wouldn't be surprised if it has a "Made in China" tag on it. If it does, then all we need to know is when did China starting making type of horse statue?

Actually, according to NASA, Mer scientists estimate the age of this crater yo be between 1,000 years and 100,000 years old. I guess that is close enough for government work!

According to NASA, I thought all of Mars is desert, except for the north and south poles????

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
reply to post by rdunk

....................................................................................................................

From that angle, it sure does look like a horse. Those saying otherwise are blind. But that doesn't mean it IS a horse statue. I'm sure if you saw a close up, higher resolution image (or even from another angle) you'd see it doesn't look like a horse. But anyways, thanks for sharing. We'll never know what's out there if we don't dare to look.

...................................................................................................
Hi Frontkjemper, thanks for your comments. You are right about "never knowing if we don't look", and that would be, especially if our government refuses to tell us "what is out there"! The NASA photos show us more, than our government and government representatives are admitting, and telling us. That is proven with and in the photos, by someone, nearly every day!!!

The naysayers continue to try to shroud the truth, but the truth will prevail.
edit on 10-12-2011 by rdunk because: correction

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
reply to post by rdunk

....................................................................................................................

...................................................................................................
Hi Frontkjemper, thanks for your comments. You are right about "never knowing if we don't look", and that would be, especially if our government refuses to tell us "what is out there"! The NASA photos show us more, than our government and government representatives are admitting, and telling us. That is proven with and in the photos, by someone, nearly every day!!!

The naysayers continue to try to shroud the truth, but the truth will prevail.
edit on 10-12-2011 by rdunk because: correction

Do 10 people all see the same thing?

What does a child see?

What does an animal see?

---------

I can tell you right now, my son doesn't perceive half the things I do simply because his mind has not stored the shapes and patterns of objects yet (because he hasn't encountered them but he will eventually).

It's like this, I could write the following sentence:

"Hi, I thwek I sce a h2wefe bkt I cfwt be sxye"

Most people will read the above sentence without any problem, why because the mind recognises patterns faster than the actual form and will start analysing and interpreting what it sees against the database it has access to (our memories, known and unknown).

It will either, on demand create something based on averaging the data it has (i.e. the broken sentence above), or we will not get a hit or get a 98% hit that what it has processed, interpreted and stored is a familiar object where the form has been recognised, matching a known pattern.

Most of what I have seen of Mars has been open to interpretation and when there is no other data available (further shots of say a particular scene), most of us will start to fill in the blanks and come to the conclusions we have.

I am not discounting anything about Mars, I am simply discounting the non-scientific, non-analytical certainties that are made without showing any rational and logical evidence of any kind. There are particular ways of analysing information and then processing it, some people on ATS are very good "Forensic Analysts" but most of us don't always get this right (me included).

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to demonstrate another view on the subject.
edit on 10-12-2011 by old_god because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2011 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
It's like this, I could write the following sentence:

"Hi, I thwek I sce a h2wefe bkt I cfwt be sxye"

Most people will read the above sentence without any problem, why because the mind recognises patterns faster than the actual form and will start analysing and interpreting what it sees against the database it has access to (our memories, known and unknown).
Me, I don't have the slightest idea of what that means.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
hey, john carter had to ride on something !!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I most certainly do see your horse which leads me to the suspicion I have had for a while that there is a secret civilization that lives here on Earth on the cloud tops....

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409

Well actually the wind also blows the sand off of things. Don't forget that the winds on Mars are not very strong. In fact the rovers lasted as long as they did because the winds would clean them off... well according to NASA anyway... I mean the other option is the team of space engineers from the secret astronaut corp that cleaned them off

As I recall those annually changing 'dunes' are actually ice, most likely CO2 ice that melt and shift annually, Accounts for some really weird stuff on Mars

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join