It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Concepcion' Crater - A Martian Horse "Statue"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

i see what your looking at here, but please, lets get real, its obviously just a natural rock formation.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
man,I have a rock in my garden that looks like a big face does that mean someone made it? no its just wind eroision and weathering. I can see a horse,but its just natural wind formation on rocks,not created by some speicies.

jeez.
edit on 10-12-2011 by 13arrows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It reminds me of the Denver statue.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Some very agressive posters in this thread,people seem to be terrified of life anywhere else but on earth.

If any non believer asked me to present one picture that proves life on Mars it would be this one of the Sand Marie resting,although aware the Rover is watching....
www.product-reviews.net...

Basiagos Mars discoveries are essential for anyone interested in this.It convinced my partner who a firm non believer.
Page 15 with the creature peeking from behind the rock is mind blowing
www.projectmars.net...
edit on 9-12-2011 by paperface because: (no reason given)

I don't have an issue with the above, as I had a look at the above evidence it at least posed some questions.

The problem is the way the OP put the information out there, requiring too much of interpretation from the reader, which is a dangerous thing because it means the subject matter is ambiguous and therefore open to misinterpretation and misrepresentation.

However, the OP should have been more clearer, or at least added some weight to the interpretation by relating the above evidence. Based on the above...I would say it could be a statue or an imprint of something as I am inclined to believe that life started from our planet (by that I mean some type of socially autonomous and technological life) and spread out, across the universe however as other nations they perished at some point.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

I can see where you can come up with a horse, but I think it is a stretch of the imagination and that the "horse" in the picture is nothing more than a pile of rocks with some coincidental shadowing.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdunk
IMHO, there is no way this "formation is natural".
That's something that I always think is a strange approach to things.

You are looking at (apparently) one or more rocks, surrounded by hundreds of natural rocks, on a (as far as we know it) natural planet. Those (apparently) rocks look like a natural horse, but you say that "there is no way this 'formation is natural'."

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It took me a couple of seconds to work out what rock looked like the horse but overall,i think its a natural formation.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

That image it's not from a different angle.

As far as I can see, there aren't any photos of that area from a different angle, and we only have photos from the left camera.
edit on 10/12/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

IMHO, there is no way this "formation is natural".
That's something that I always think is a strange approach to things.

You are looking at (apparently) one or more rocks, surrounded by hundreds of natural rocks, on a (as far as we know it) natural planet. Those (apparently) rocks look like a natural horse, but you say that "there is no way this 'formation is natural'."

............................................................................................

Hi ArMaP! Yes, that is exactly what I see. This horse anomaly absolutely is not a "jumble" of rocks, but is some type of statue that is a product of "intelligent design". As the OP, I am really sorry that some just cannot see it. I am more sorry for some that say well they can see it, but it still is just a pile of rocks.

There is no way to know for sure just how many pieces make up this horse statue, but all of the pieces are together attached. It is a whole statue.

Some say, well it is at least two rocks, because the head/neck is not attached. Well, I say, because of the light and shadows, that may be causing a simple optical illusion. But if you look at the location of the horses nose and mouth/head, you should be able to see that it is above and between its two front legs, and not off to the side somewhere. One should see that the entire "head" is in the right place, and it is only the upper body part that is giving an "impression of being different" (illusion). At least that is the way I see it.

Again, as for the horse, everything is there. One can clearly see three of the four legs (attached), and one can see even a small bit of the fourth, which is its rear right leg (which is on our blind side). The legs are probably separately made and then attached to the body. And the legs are very obviously shaped differently, than to what we are accustomed to seeing, being flat-sided and squared. Nose, mouth, eye, ear, wind-blown mane, - they are all right there for us to see.

Anyone who says they see this horse statue, and then say it is still just a pile of rocks, well what else can I say?? Everyone here has a prerogative to say what one wants to say. For sure, as the OP, I really do appreciate everyones comments, as a discussion like this is what it is all about.

We are going to see the truth about Mars life, and no one can stop that from happening!!! There is too much evidence left in the photos that have been released to the public. A lot we still won't know, but we will know surely about "intelligent life" there, now and or in the past. Of course, I am CONVINCED of that now, with the things I have personally found in the NASA photos.

edit on 10-12-2011 by rdunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Again, as for the horse, everything is there. One can clearly see three of the four legs (attached), and one can see even a small bit of the fourth, which is its rear right leg (which is on our blind side). The legs are probably separately made and then attached to the body. And the legs are very obviously shaped differently, than to what we are accustomed to seeing, being flat-sided and squared.

dept perception?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Those (apparently) rocks look like a natural horse,

Your expert opinion is appreciated

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

Unfortunately, we only have (apparently) this photo, so we cannot use two photos from different angles to try to get a depth idea of the whole scene, but from what I have seen in several cases like this, it's very easy to be fooled by the lack of perspective, so what looks like one rock is made up from (at least) two rocks, one closer to the camera and the other farther away.

I think that's what we are seeing in this photo, but I don't have any real data to show that this is not a horse-shaped rock.

And even if this is really a horse-shaped rock, it doesn't mean that it was artificially made.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Kind of looks like Pokey...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Can see the horse shape but its because its 2 rocks making it look like that i think

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

reply to post by rdunk

Unfortunately, we only have (apparently) this photo, so we cannot use two photos from different angles to try to get a depth idea of the whole scene, but from what I have seen in several cases like this, it's very easy to be fooled by the lack of perspective, so what looks like one rock is made up from (at least) two rocks, one closer to the camera and the other farther away.

I think that's what we are seeing in this photo, but I don't have any real data to show that this is not a horse-shaped rock.

And even if this is really a horse-shaped rock, it doesn't mean that it was artificially made.

................................................................................................................................

Yes, Rover "O" took a lot of photos around this entire area, and, while i have looked for more which include this horse, i haven't found any others, in neither the Pan camera, nor in the Nav camera. I suppose we will just have to live with what we have! Which is very fine, for the horse statue I see!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Which is very fine, for the horse statue I see!

but how is it that the various 'attachments' which were ejected landed so close to each other?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
Kind of looks like Pokey...

......................................................................................................
I tell you what baddmove, Pokey, in "style", does have similarities to "Rocky" (the Mars statue
) Both horses, but neither having the life and graceful flowing characteristics of the real horses we know of. Pokey is a cartoon type of horse, and this Mars horse possibly is some type of "memorial" horse. Pretty funny!!!

Thanks for posting!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

Which is very fine, for the horse statue I see!

but how is it that the various 'attachments' which were ejected landed so close to each other?

........................................................................................................

Hi mcrom! I don't know what "attachments" you are talking about "landing close together"?????

If you are referring to parts of the horse statue as "attachments", no part of the horse is laying somewhere close-by. Everything is attached to the horse, in its right place. That is what I have been saying. There is no "pile of rocks" that make up this horse. I was, in essence saying in the previous post, the horse may be made of several pieces, like with the four legs, but everything is in place, as the photo shows. Whether this "horse" was "ejected" to this spot, or if the horse was in this spot when the impact happened, we just can't know that because.................................we don't have a before and after photo!

Thanks for the question!!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Natives thought that Nature Spirits were at work creating such works of stone. If this is the case, then does that make such formations natural or artificial?

There are many Guardians found at sacred places around the world. Are these coincidence or are the places sacred because the Guardians are there?

Photo Credit: Copyright © 2004, P. Lutus
"Face Rock", 57° 23.959' North, 153° 50.904' West, West shore of Uyak Inlet, Kodiak Island.

Credit: Sarah W.
"The Great Stone Face," or "Stoneface" is located in Pennington Gap, Virginia. It is said to mark the entrance to Cherokee holy ground.

Credit: Ernest Blais, Berlin, NH
The Old Man in the Mountain New Hampshire

The Devil's Head of North Carolina, above Rocky Broad River.

Native Chieftain, Medicine Hat, Alberta
Medicine Hat is named from sacred Native traditions. I am sure the Natives had no way to see this feature from space

At an entrance to the Underworld... a very appropriate Troll Guardian..

Credit: Mike Deibel

My favorite face on Mars...

www.msss.com...

Skeptics shout "Pareidolia" a lot yet we all see the same thing.. why? because the shape is PHYSICALLY there... the only question is who or what made them
Was it 'nature'? Buzz Aldrin told us that God made the Monolith on Mars... if you believe in things beyond our physical realm, can it not be possible that other forces are messing with our perception?

I see people coming in to this (and similar) threads and saying they see the horse BUT... and others that say they see nothing and its a waste of time to look. I disagree... I find it very interesting to find these objects that so clearly represent something recognizable.

They MAY be nothing... but they are worth looking at... I actually pity those with minds so closed and eyes so blind that they see nothing... but I gave up years ago trying to open them

There are many people who say cloud shapes are influenced by ethereal beings called Sylphs... I know some people who can summon them to produce a shape by request and have the photos to back that up. The universe is a mysterious place that we are just barely beginning to understand.

I for one will look at other possibilities... because while I like rocks and am an expert on them
, to see 'Nothing but rocks" is an extremely boring way to go through life

Fiery Horse of the Apocalypse
Edinburgh, Scotland

Hippos Purros (Flame coloured Horse), over Edinburgh, Scotland
Credit: © Colin Fraser & Maggie Carson
cloudappreciationsociety.org...

edit on 10-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. We are still trying to determine that there was or is any kind of life on Mars, including bacterial life (which there probably is), and you are suggesting that not only was there life on Mars, but HORSES?

Alrighty then.

edit on 10-12-2011 by AwakeinNM because: I can't believe I am wasting this many keystrokes in this stupid thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join