It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Concepcion' Crater - A Martian Horse "Statue"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think trying to pick out rocks that look like stuff is a waste of time. Just seems like a game to me and about as far away of the smoking gun you can get. Unlike ufo sightings and witness testimony which I take seriously- playing wheres waldo on mars should have it's place but not taken too seriously.

That's not to say I don't like looking at mars I do, but this isn't proof of anything other than those who see the horse have imagination.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

I do see the "horse" that you spoke of in the OP, but the negative shows, IMO, a better contrast between the two rocks that makeup the horse.

Sorry if the negative pic, along with the highlighted areas I mentioned, were talked about earlier in the thread. It has been a long day and I have not taken the time to read the entire thread. I was very interested in the pic and may have jumped the gun.

My point is that it can be very easy to see what we want to see, but further investigation may show that it is completely normal.

It's a great pic and I love to sift through the small anomalies within! Thanks!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I understand - sometimes these long threads can make for a very long read, to read it completely. No, the negative shot was not discussed earlier. It was the other pic where you identified two "anomalies", that was posted on page 6. Hey, don't worry about it. I do hope to post something you can be more positive on soon!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsoul2009
Come on people - a true anomalie is something that cannot be explained easily. This can.

Hmmm well then try this one

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
My sources tell me that horse was killed by a pack of wild gorillas.

NASA really needs to get a team of National Geographic photographers up there.

Nice one
Great to see you finally getting with the program

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Actually, I would like to thank the OP for bringing this pic to my attention. There are other things that spike my curiosity in this pic.

These particular sections stand out to me. What do you think? Some sort of debris field?

stratum?

marsrover.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
I stared at it for a good minute and I see only normal rocks that don't even resemble a horse in any way.

You and 60 others who stared that post are all suffering from a brain disorder "Prosopagnosia"

I find it hard to believe we have so many blind people on ATS :shk:

Oh well

But I am more interested in the other pieces of ruins in that photo and in the rest of the area

That last one is very intriguing indeed

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It looks like horse head (In rock.) That's all I see though.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

I guess we all see what we want to see. I see what people would like to think is vaguely a horse but it's just rocks. Still fun and cool to look for shapes in things though. I do it with the clouds all the time.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
well i see the horse for sure, i get what the OP is looking at. however, especially in the color pic he had you can clearly see it is multiple rocks. the "head" is not attached to the body and the hind leg is jutting out at an awkward angle that could never ever be physically possible.

though, there is one big thing i noticed causing a lot of problems. there is a defect in the pic, there is a line down the middle of the pic from top to bottom, well more like a blur and shift in the image there. that is what gives the look of a jaw on the head as it the shifted line creates the artifact you see. i am almost positive if the whole image was completely perfect then the head would just appear as a flat rock that had nothing to do with the "body" of the horse.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherSon
And there's an erect penis statue in UT! Oh, no wait, that's just a rock too.

Seriously, I'm not talking about the Washington Monument; there are naturally formed phallus' outside of Washington and Mars for that matter. See above...

Oh wait.... shoot, it's a naturally formed rock too.
edit on 10-12-2011 by AnotherSon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathlord
well i see the horse for sure, i get what the OP is looking at. however, especially in the color pic he had you can clearly see it is multiple rocks. the "head" is not attached to the body and the hind leg is jutting out at an awkward angle that could never ever be physically possible.

though, there is one big thing i noticed causing a lot of problems. there is a defect in the pic, there is a line down the middle of the pic from top to bottom, well more like a blur and shift in the image there. that is what gives the look of a jaw on the head as it the shifted line creates the artifact you see. i am almost positive if the whole image was completely perfect then the head would just appear as a flat rock that had nothing to do with the "body" of the horse.

...........................................................................................................
Hey deathlord, could you post the "pic defect" you are referring to. I don't see what you are referring to, neither in the screenshots, nor in the full Rover pic.

Horse looks like a Mars horse statue I guess. Legs can be anyway they wanted them, square, straight, flat, whatever!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
*sigh*

Why do I always fall for threads like this. I mean, I usually don't reply but I can't resist clicking on them even though 100% of the time there's really nothing to see except rocks.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandrake
*sigh*

Why do I always fall for threads like this. I mean, I usually don't reply but I can't resist clicking on them even though 100% of the time there's really nothing to see except rocks.

..........................................................................................................

mandrake, you do only have to open your eyes to see this horse - did you try that""

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandrake

Because your subconscious mind is dragging you in here.
Its trying to nudge you to open your mind but your conscious mind is resisting.

I find it hilarious how many people drag themselves into a thread like this to say they see nothing. WHY? Why do they all have that urge to tell us they see nothing when there is obviously something that looks like a horse... even IF you just claim pareidolia

I mean look at the guy named Trollz 81 people starred his post that says he sees nothing... yet all 81 of them came to look

So why this pathological urge? A thousand people can come in and say they see nothing and it will still be there

Of course MOST of those will just look at the OP state they see nothing and never read the rest of the thread so they won't see that they have been diagnosed as having a common brain defect called Prosopagnosia

Ironic isn't it?

edit on 10-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I don't see it, all I see is a rock surrounded by a bunch of other rocks.The mind can see anything in that pile of rocks if you look at it long enough.Oh wait!No its still just a pile of rocks.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
I stared at it for a good minute and I see only normal rocks that don't even resemble a horse in any way.

Okay really? I get that it's definitely just a pile of rocks but it does resemble a horse. Lots of rocks happen resemble other objects. It's pretty normal/regular. The fact that you can't see the horse shape makes me question your judgement/eyesight. :/

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

Sorry friend, what you are seeing as a horse statue is at least two separate rock piles and shadows. Take a closer look, you can clearly see the separation between the rocks. Although I can clearly see the horse shape, I just don't agree that it is manufactured.
edit on 10-12-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
There's some real mind-jerking pareidolia on Mars, that's for sure. There's some that is undeniable, others where you have to really stare. I've looked at the same image 3 times a day for a week once and I saw 3 different things that I absolutely could not see while I was seeing the other. The mind scrambles to program these patterns into one.

I do believe that there are many, many terrestrial-like rock formations and rocks that look handled in some way. We need our laser beam guy to get there soon!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join