It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Concepcion' Crater - A Martian Horse "Statue"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdunk
The feature circled on the right is not another rock, it is the horses mane, (in stone I assume).

i disagree, it's a different piece...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

Nah requires too much abstraction of my perception to be an acceptable result (i.e. one of a horse).

However, after watching Apollo 18, I wonder if those very rocks are alive?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
I stared at it for a good minute and I see only normal rocks that don't even resemble a horse in any way.

you really wasted a minute of your life?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I am quite surprised this thread is still even up.

People are very strange indeed.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
My sources tell me that horse was killed by a pack of wild gorillas.

NASA really needs to get a team of National Geographic photographers up there.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Some very agressive posters in this thread,people seem to be terrified of life anywhere else but on earth.

If any non believer asked me to present one picture that proves life on Mars it would be this one of the Sand Marie resting,although aware the Rover is watching....
www.product-reviews.net...

Basiagos Mars discoveries are essential for anyone interested in this.It convinced my partner who a firm non believer.
Page 15 with the creature peeking from behind the rock is mind blowing
www.projectmars.net...
edit on 9-12-2011 by paperface because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It's like staring up into the clouds, you see what you want, and I see what I want.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Given enough rocks, there will always appear shapes that seem familiar to us. Our brains are designed to make order out of disorder, that's why people see Jesus' face in their pizza or on a piece of cake. Having said that, I think the probability that life has evolved in perhaps millions of other planetary systems is very high. Why should we expect that we are the only inhabitants of a planet in the multivers?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
seriously?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

Not thinking this is a horse does not mean one can't believe in life elsewhere in our universe. I happen to think there are far more thought provoking and curious anomalies on Mars than this play on light and rocks. Come on people - a true anomalie is something that cannot be explained easily. This can.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Since many of these pictures are not in high definition, I can see how lights and darks can create an optical illusion. When it comes to discovering aliens, we have plenty of time to do the scientific research. Personally, I am not in a hurry to find another species.

Breath, relax, and be patient.

It will happen when you least expect it.

edit on 12/9/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I am a fan of Moon/Mars anomalies, so I checked it out and you can clearly see that there is no "horse".

It's even easier to tell in a negative of the pic.

So although I see the horse, there is no horse.
edit on 9-12-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Actually, I would like to thank the OP for bringing this pic to my attention. There are other things that spike my curiosity in this pic.

These particular sections stand out to me. What do you think? Some sort of debris field?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

When I took the image into Photoshop, I turned the levels down to lighten the shadows. Only one piece stands out to me. If you look at the one in the circle, you can see a very clean line embossed into the stone. I wish we had a high definition image, so we can see the stone's contours. Bummer.

edit on 12/9/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

If you look at the part that has a "squared highlight", there is many lines to be seen as well as the item you are speaking of.

In the circled stone, what is the piece that is sticking out and an angle?

This pic has a few interesting items to look at but it's not the horse!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

Earthlings are better stone carvers than Martians.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

.................................................................................................................
Hi sheepslayer! I am sorry, what you provided in the negative pic, and with what you said, makes no sense to me. Yes, the horse is still there in both pics, in the positive, and in the negative. Of course, with what the negative screen does, by turning blacks/darks to whites/lights, it almost washes out the horse. But, it is still there, even with the negative.

So, what is your point, other than not to admit that you see the horse, which is just fine with me. I do appreciate your taking part in the discussions!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
How is that a statue? It's just a really poor illusion. You have to stare at it for a good long time...

The rocks are not even attached. What you see as the head is a rock that appears to be even further away.....

and come on.... If you are suggesting that animals are the same on other planets... Come on... The chances of two planets, with different environments, both evolving horses, and both building statues of horses?

Talk about a stretch....

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I will admit the squared section looks like the back of some kind of cool armored creature, but I also know erosion can carve some pretty wicked shapes.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Actually, I would like to thank the OP for bringing this pic to my attention. There are other things that spike my curiosity in this pic.

These particular sections stand out to me. What do you think? Some sort of debris field?

....................................................................................................................
sheepslayer, maybe you missed it, but marsobserver posted this pic on page 6 of this thread, and identified the same two objects as you have done with this post. It was presented and discussed some back there

Again just a comment in reference to your question about "is this a debris field" -- as I have said earlier, this entire area is a "debris field", from the impact. Not just this pic, but the entire area.That is why there are so many rocks every where, and also why there is so much broken up "stuff" laying around here.
edit on 9-12-2011 by rdunk because: add comment

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join