It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500ish Members Logged In Here, Always?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I was just wondering about how many are online here at any given time. To check, click 'forum' and scroll all the way down. My understanding is that we have 248,879
members, but everytime/day I check how many are online it is always around 500. Yesterday was an exception at 600+,but still, it just seems odd to me, and my conspiratorial wired mind.

Too much thinking on my part?
ETA: I want to specify the 500ish is for "logged in " member numbers.

spec
edit on 8-12-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I know for a fact that when I log off,including all my devices,I will check it and it still shows me logged on,hours afterwards,sometimes a day.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It would be interesting to know how many people also view ATS daily as lurkers without profiles, but i don't see how you could track that.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Yes but all the members aren't on at the same time, Australia wouldn't be on when America is usually on, and so on..but I get what you are saying.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Not to be rude but you basically answered your own question.. around 500 people.
Unless ATS is conspirating against people to actually think there's more members
because reptillian aliens have them under hostage threatening that they need more flags
to feed there super computer so they can control all the unmanned chemtrail drones that
sprinkles gas on us and also caused 9/11 to jfk's assassination... bah im sorry im a #

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Forum page stats say

3,817 guests visiting right now.

526 members logged in right now

5,711 members visited in the past 24 hours

@ 6:06 pm pacific standard time

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MahmoudAhmadinejad
It would be interesting to know how many people also view ATS daily as lurkers without profiles, but i don't see how you could track that.

At the top bar,click on about then click on stats.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I wonder who the guests are. I was a guest for 10 visits or so before I became a member.

Do you think that they all sign up eventually?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

No rudeness or #ness perceived Bruce, I just find it odd that out of 230,00 members I have never seen many more, or less, than 500 actually logged in. I check throughout the day/night, and each day that I am here. The (wildly)conspiratorial side of me ponders that there may actually be only a few hundred of us, and we are drawn here to spill our stances to some data collection entity.
edit on 8-12-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: addition

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I would also add that I am assuming once someone has signed up, their membership is forever included in the total number stats. This assumption is based on the profile page and member listing in search remaining no matter the length of time since a member has been on ATS.

edit on 12/8/2011 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

As one of the recent polls indicated by its results (I think the 9/11 poll), ATS has way more anonymous visitors than registered users. Not all registered users will be active and I would guess not everyone is posting in the same places or at the same time (think time zones) but I think ATS reaches way more people than those that have an account here. Most intro posts tend to start with: "Hi, I've lurked for a few years before joining..." which would seem to at least partly back up the visitors who don't have or want an account.

It is possible to give a rough estimate on total users by looking at unique ip addresses but its probably not a useful statistic to show on the board. Thats more a web-server type statistic.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Yes but all the members aren't on at the same time, Australia wouldn't be on when America is usually on, and so on..but I get what you are saying.

True, but 'logged in' member numbers seem to hover around 500, all the time.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If you want the stats,go here..www.quantcast.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Cool, thanks kdog

Again, it just seems odd that the number of members "logged in" hovers around 500, all the time.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Semicollegiate

About two minutes ago, I was one of the guests

I have lurked for years before I tied the knot with ATS.
Old habits die hard and so I still find myself checking out the latest posts and views as a voyeur...
Only reason I logged in was to reply to this thread, so maybe there are other members who do the same?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

No rudeness or #ness perceived Bruce, I just find it odd that out of 230,00 members I have never seen many more, or less, than 500 actually logged in. I check throughout the day/night, and each day that I am here. The (wildly)conspiratorial side of me ponders that there may actually be only a few hundred of us, and we are drawn here to spill our stances to some data collection entity.

Now I see your point.... hmmm, interesting

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

I think that is the reason for cell phones and the internet in general. Any government could keep an encyclopedea sized file on each person on the planet.
edit on 8-12-2011 by Semicollegiate because: correction

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Now that I think about it, it may be hard to get my point without monitoring the number for a while. I have been checking them daily for a couple of months now, and I just wonder why the number is never 200 or 2000, or 20,000.
Perhaps check for yourself over time and chime in here later.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Semicollegiate

I think that is the reason for cell phones and the internet in general. Any government could keep an encyclopedea sized file on each person on the planet.

True, true, but what worries me is many of us are, by definition, subversives, which these days can translate into the "T" word

Oh where a wondering mind can travel

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I can see this statistics also

Most logged-in members on ATS at one time: 1,196 on Aug 23 2011 @ 19:45 GMT.
Most registed members on ATS in one day: 7,098 on Aug 24 2011 @ 08:30 GMT
Most new posts on ATS in one day: 10,723 on Oct 7 2009 @ 11:00 GMT.

Also keep in mid that a great percentage of us are not from or living in USA. Therefore our limited english in some cases... as me

edit on 8-12-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join