It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metaphysical speculation: What we experience is what we deny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I just had an interesting thought but I am not able to artuclate it well. But I will try.

OK, suppose we accept the concept of unity/universal oneness at a metaphysical level. If this is case, how do we explain our universe, which is full of seperate things? Put another way, how exaactly did the "one" change to become "many"?

If you are resting in a state of perfect onenness then there is no division and all things are present at once. It seems to me that to get from this state to reality as conventionally experienced, the "one" would have to block off something, agree to ignore part of itself, so to speak. But this isn't really possible since ultimate reality is one. So you get action/reaction situation...example, the One says: "XYZ is not part of the One," but then XYZ asserts itself more forcefully because it is, in fact, a part of the One. So the experience is one of XYZ being emphasized after the attempt to deny it.

Example: The One says: "The color red is not part of me, I reject it." But then the color red "rebounds" and re-asserts itself because it is a part of the One and can't ultimately be denied. This is experienced as the color red by us, as it is temporarily emphasized and stands out from the background of the unified One.

So think of it this way. Everything you see, smell, taste, touch. hear, and experience internally (thoughts, etc.) is being experienced because first you resisted or rejected it on some metaphysical level. If you are hearing country music and you hate it, you are hearing it because you rejected it somehow. If you make room for it and stop resisiting it, it goes away.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Never Despise

Everything you see, smell, taste, touch. hear, and experience internally (thoughts, etc.) is being experienced because first you resisted or rejected it on some metaphysical level

I would suggest that the process of rejecting or resisting is inline with "giving thought" to something and having it manifest in your individual experience. Notice how some induviduals who proclaim constant ill fate unto them are always giving thought to their fate thus manifesting it. Same goes with the folks who are "born lucky", they constantly give thought to lucky events and in experiencing luck, they reinforce their thought of "born lucky" thus manifesting it further.

I believe that you are trying too hard to find an answer in a real where an answer in not within our grasp. The universe is, in its absolute simplicity, a string of proverbial boxes. We have to expand our consciousness outside of each of our individual box to begin to understand.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Never Despise
I just had an interesting thought but I am not able to artuclate it well. But I will try.

OK, suppose we accept the concept of unity/universal oneness at a metaphysical level. If this is case, how do we explain our universe, which is full of seperate things? Put another way, how exaactly did the "one" change to become "many"?

If you are resting in a state of perfect onenness then there is no division and all things are present at once. It seems to me that to get from this state to reality as conventionally experienced, the "one" would have to block off something, agree to ignore part of itself, so to speak. But this isn't really possible since ultimate reality is one. So you get action/reaction situation...example, the One says: "XYZ is not part of the One," but then XYZ asserts itself more forcefully because it is, in fact, a part of the One. So the experience is one of XYZ being emphasized after the attempt to deny it.

Consider the fact that you questioning the oneness is the oneness questioning itself, and the people who respond to you are still the oneness discussing this subject with itself. The oneness is you, it is I, it is every person you've ever met and every object and living thing you come into contact with. The oneness has compartmentalized itself (splitting itself into infinite amount of pieces) in order to explore itself. So... basically all you're doing is exploring pieces of yourself while you yourself are a piece of yourself/Oneness. In a way you are right when you say that "the one would have to block off something, agree to ignore part of itself". Compartmentalization is very important in this instance, because without it, we/it could never explore itself in so much depth.

We're discussing something that obviously none of us can prove beyond a shadow of doubt (at this time), but what I came to believe through an experience I had is that this Oneness is experiencing itself within itself and living every possibility in order to learn itself. That means everything you think, experience, feel, say, do, not do,...it's all part of this gathering of knowledge about itself.

Example: The One says: "The color red is not part of me, I reject it." But then the color red "rebounds" and re-asserts itself because it is a part of the One and can't ultimately be denied. This is experienced as the color red by us, as it is temporarily emphasized and stands out from the background of the unified One.

So think of it this way. Everything you see, smell, taste, touch. hear, and experience internally (thoughts, etc.) is being experienced because first you resisted or rejected it on some metaphysical level. If you are hearing country music and you hate it, you are hearing it because you rejected it somehow. If you make room for it and stop resisiting it, it goes away.

Thoughts?

I'll need to think more about what you said here. As I understand it, it is important for the oneness to learn all aspects of itself, which also means all ranges of emotions. It is necessary for us to come into contact with both positive and negative influences. This world is full of things that will illicit all forms of emotions without warning, and they all seem necessary to the development of the oneness. It's all hypothetical of course, but those are my thoughts.
edit on 8-12-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

all apparantly is from ur perspective that a god want to b creator of everything forever so he keeps trying to make it work in the hope that finally he will reach that and b all kings free chair above all as he always wanted and meant

that sentence that ur mind function considerate to its value as a maths equation, reveal principally ur total lack of empathy, which is principally out of being aware about objective abuses being existing

whatever great sound that god for u, bodies that he enslave or use are aware, u cant justify him as a creator when he is forcing awareness to his creations life and their worse conditions of being forced to slavery in all terms of their bodies and constant states for

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Thoughts?

I'll need to think more about what you said here. As I understand it, it is important for the oneness to learn all aspects of itself, which also means all ranges of emotions. It is necessary for us to come into contact with both positive and negative influences. This world is full of things that will illicit all forms of emotions without warning, and they all seem necessary to the development of the oneness. It's all hypothetical of course, but those are my thoughts.
edit on 8-12-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

from what i am understanding, the color red is the object of denial. we agree to take part in this by believing red is bad and not of me, so when the situation comes around we immediately react out of instinct, repeating the process. i would also say that the sub conscious mind plays a huge part and a role in this, as the teacher. what we take from it, our perception, leaves us with the belief. acceptance is good.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

how about what we react to is that which we are denying?

oneness comes from not only being able to see but embrace the source of all that is. everything originates from the same ocean of consciousness which therefore makes us all connected and therefore one. a dollar bill is therefore no different than our nose. they may physically appear to be different but both are a manifestation of the same source. the separation that we see in all things is an extension of the view that we have of ourselves and the illusion of separation that this view creates via identification (believing that the physical world is the source of our experience). when we react we only strengthen the illusion of separation by not being able to see (and embrace) that our entire experience is a projection that comes from our internal connection to source, not from anything that exists or occurs outside of ourselves. separation creates the illusion of powerless and incapability. it creates the illusion that the physical world is the source of what we feel, think, choose, etc.. when really this is all coming from within and therefore something that we all have much more control over than we realize.

new topics

top topics

join