It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Acne?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
1. Ice: Rub a few pieces of ice directly on to the areas of skin that have been affected by the acne scars. Ice has a soothing effect on the skin, and this helps to overcome the inflammation and hastens the healing. 3-4 times a day.
2. The juice of a freshly squeezed lemon should be applied on to the skin and left on for at least 15 to 20 minutes, before it is washed off.
3. Mix a small amount of baking soda in water, to make a thick paste. Dampen the acne scar-affected skin and apply the paste on it, using circular motions. After around 10 or 15 minutes, rinse the skin with warm water.

They really helped my friend a lot.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aisha
3. Mix a small amount of baking soda in water, to make a thick paste. Dampen the acne scar-affected skin and apply the paste on it, using circular motions. After around 10 or 15 minutes, rinse the skin with warm water.

Did your friend do this nightly or for any extended period of time?

I am tempted to try this tonight
I have some scarring more on one side than the other and it wont hurt to try!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

When considering the internal chemistry of the human body, many people always forget about pH Balance (potential Hydrogen) and how important it is to everything we eat, drink and touch.

Very important point. I have suffered from very sensitive skin all my life... it is a debilitating condition and I have probably tried every product on the market.

The only notable instant and total cure for my skin problem was the complete and utter change of my diet. Most notably the complete elimination of diary products. I have not felt better about my skin in my entire life and my self-confidence has returned to normal levels. Even the scarring has all but disappeared.

Not saying it will work for everybody. But sometimes it helps to address what our bodies need from a consumption and ph-perspective.

Also - I found that any skin-care product containing lauryl sodium sulphate and mineral oil will most likely contain a plethora of other skin-irritating ingredients, and is best to be completely avoided. The entire cosmetic industry functions on the basic premise that "slightly-inflamed" skin is "slightly-puffy" skin which equals visibly-reduced wrinkles. Unfortunately "slightly-inflamed" skin in some sensitive individuals equals "radically disturbed and unbalanced skin". Best in these situations to just use completely natural skin-products. Like raw honey. Works a treat!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by aisha

Did your friend do this nightly or for any extended period of time?

I am tempted to try this tonight
I have some scarring more on one side than the other and it wont hurt to try!

she did that for two weeks i guess...u should better try that on a small area and if it itches you then better don't go for that option,,,,,,,but usually it doesn't hurt......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join