It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Acne?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have struggled through out my childhood growing up with those unwanted spots on the face... I know that it can be cured, and all it takes is a little bit of time and effort...

Green Tea

I do drink green tea, and on occasional times I drink chrysanthemum tea as well, but I already made a thread about that earlier... I do see a great difference in my skin, I want to spread this out to others before it becomes a problem into acne scars...

Avacados

A great mask remedy especially even if you have acne or your skin is flawless it can help with the texture. I do use avocado mask every so often I haven't recently. I came to the point where I am content with my skin that it really doesn't matter anymore; though I still treat my skin here and there, and it does help drastically..

Honey

Honey is another great help for perfect skin. I use it in the morning time before I shower usually leave it on for 30 mins, or longer depending on how I feel about it being on that long. It does help clearing the pores and rejuvenating the surface though it works very well with lemon. because the citric acids from the lemon exfoliate the surface of the skin and the honey helps revitalize the skin beneath so its like brand new... This thread is for those who have skin problems and have no other solutions, but I have been at this for years and tried many things. These do help a lot you just have to be consistent with the use of it. My skin has improved a lot and i am glad I have experimented with a lot of herbs and other natural sources to help solve my problem...This will especially help those who are just getting to that age where acne is becoming a problem. Take care of your skin and drink a lot of water... Hopefully this will help a lot of people... One love

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Had acne till my 30s, then I stopped eating fast food, potato chips, and drinking sodas... no more acne. Getting rid of the causes can be the cure sometimes.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yeah but people start who start getting acne is when they become careless in what they eat, and what they drink... I am only posting this thread because I am hoping it will help others... I have went to dermatologists and spent $500 a visit for a laser treatment that really didn't help. I want it to get to the point where people can start taking care of themselves, and use this is as a guide.

edit on 8-12-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Check out this info on Manuka Honey.I think you'll find it helpful.

Can Manuka Honey Cure Acne?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

Honey is a great acne soother. You can experiment with other things though, the sky is the limit...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Thank you. My daughter has tried everything and things work for just a few days then bam the spots are back. I will advise her to try this. I sell herbal teas and have plenty of green tea in stock. She can drink gallons LOL!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SuzMc

Acne is a pain in the rear end, I wish I would of known about this when I was at that age when puberty starts kicking in, but I wouldn't want others to feel degraded because of the way they look. I been there done that, I am to the point where I don't get breakouts anymore and I am 28, but I still have those marks from previous breakouts... I know how it feels.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I am SO GLAD you posted this, because my 19 year old daughter was just on the phone crying to me about her acne, which has gotten horribly out of control. She has gone to the dermatologist several times already, and each time he tries to push her on Accutane, but after researching it, she and I decided that it was too dangerous.

So far, nothing the doctor has prescribed for her has worked. She is a dental assistant and has to wear those itchy masks over her face all day, which makes it 100 times worse over the area that is covered. She begged me to do some internet research for more natural cures, or at least something to calm it down, and here was your post.

Serendipity! Thank you!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Forget everything you have read here and have ever heard before about pimples. Its all pharmaceutical propaganda! There's an 'old' home remedy that was used for centuries with astounding success. The fact it is so easily accessible and unpatentable is why it was allowed to fade into a distant memory..
EGG WHITES! Applied nightly before bed like a mask will rid even the worst pizza face of pimples and scarring in 2 weeks. Wash your face off in the morning. It will 'cure' the acne.
edit on 8-12-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]Wash your pillow cases frequently.

Every other day if possible.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Whoa propaganda? Are you serious? Wow, Did I mention anything about Accutane? Seriously...Someone posts a thread, and you say its pharmaceutical propaganda? Who are you working for? Obviously not for the people, because I care about people...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

maybe not? www.acne.org...
or planetgreen.discovery.com...

dunno - just made a quick google search =)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Good post something new to me like I said experimenting, but how is it pharmaceutical propaganda for what I said? That is what I am pondering. I been on acne.org and the majority of people on there used accutane which is a pharmaceutical that causes people to commit suicide... So why am I labeled a pharmaceutical propagandist?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Up to 50 years ago, aspirin and pennicillen worked on most of the illness that wasn't viral in origin. When the last time you heard either of them mentioned outside a stroke/heart attack commercial? I'm the grandson of a shaman. Can you seriously be blind to the labels being branded on everyday conditions that are just a part of aging? If someone has an ache or pain, 10 people are lined up to name and cure it, all of which likely for for some lab. Too much money to be made on peoples fears. We are the most dosed country on the planet. Notice the growing curve on phychological and physiological issues in this country? Propaganda! I thought you wanted a cure for acne. That's all I'm offering. Not intending to attack med research.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Hmmm you just jumped the boat what are you talking about? I am talking about acne not aches. Totally irrelevant.

It seems like we have a pissed off dermatologist among us...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Try it and prove me wrong. When i grew up, if you wasnt bleeding or petruding a bone, nobody paid much attention. It does work. The fact this was suppressed to milk us for every last nickle they can should be what ticks them off.
Something I would hope might interest them is the effect raw honey has on fresh scars. Forget the moisturizers or skin creams. I had a metal plate put in my shoulder 2 years ago. To show the dr, I treated the top half the scar with honey, the bottom with vaseline, antibiotic ointment, oil of olay and a few other things over a 2 week period. He could barely believe he had to see it to know it was a scar. Poison ivy always has a cure around the patch you find it. It looks like a mutant columned grass plant. You roll it in your hands and wipe it on the ivy affected area. Neutralizes the oil instantly. This is the way of nature. You only have to know what you're looking at. This used to be common knowledge here 100 years ago. If the SHTF, this kind of knowledge will be what saves you.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Ok riddle me this smart one... Why are you attacking me for trying to help others? That doesn't make sense at all... I am a good guy, I am not a terrorist. I am simply saying there are things out there that can help people without having to spend an arm an a leg. I been there already. Did you not read?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

When considering the internal chemistry of the human body, many people always forget about pH Balance (potential Hydrogen) and how important it is to everything we eat, drink and touch. Everyone's pH Balance may not be the same either, which is why I may be able to drink a 12 pack of soda a day (which I do not) and if you drink just one soda a week you may have an acne outbreak. pH balance is huge and plays an essential role in our major organs, including the skin which is most often overlooked. When your Mom said "You are what you eat", she wasn't lying. Also, blood types factor into the skins resilience as well. Some blood types should be strictly vegetarians, others a mix and some are far more carnivorous. There are many factors to consider when determining the causes of acne. Most times it isn't any one or two things going wrong, but a host of issues.

I could go on and on.... but try doing some research on pH Balance, blood types and allergy testing to get you started. Sorry for the Wiki link posted above on pH Balance, but it is explained in simple to understand terms.

HealthOn Link

Different parts of our body have different pH values because different parts of our bodies serve different purposes. For example, the pH value of human saliva is 6.5-7.4 and the pH value of human blood is 7.3-7.4. The pH value of human skin is 5.5 and the skin needs to be slightly acidic in order to cope with environmental factors like bacteria and other toxins. The stomach and other parts of the digestive system need to be highly acidic due to biological necessity. Hence the pH value of digestive acids is highly acidic.

pH balance is an important component of good health. When the pH level of your body becomes more acidic, the body uses its built-in buffering systems to neutralize them. Even small changes in blood pH can be extremely harmful.

Hope this helped and great question by the way

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Sorry if you thought I was attacking you. Only clinical medical research credibility. I only go to a doctor if my life is in peril. Little slow today. Ever put raw honey on an open sore? What it does, besides burn like hell? I see your a fan.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Yes pH is a big factor to, but I was getting more into topical remedies except the green tea which is consumed through the mouth, but everything else is topical on the epidermal layer.. Good post I do appreciate more responses concerning this subject..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join