It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force dumped remains of 274 Troops in VA Landfill.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
"Thanks for serving!"

That's basically what they're saying. I'm .............................. you know? Words don't even describe it. No word possible: appalled, disgusted, embarrassed, RAGING ANGER OF RAGE..... no words even properly begin to describe how I'm feeling.

Excuse me while I go cry. For a good long time. I'm shaking. You have no idea. Maybe you do. God help us all.

how dare they?

thinkprogress.org...

This week, after The Post pressed for information contained in the Dover mortuary’s electronic database, the Air Force produced a tally based on those records. It showed that 976 fragments from 274 military personnel were cremated, incinerated and taken to the landfill between 2004 and 2008. An additional group of 1,762 unidentified remains were collected from the battlefield and disposed of in the same manner, the Air Force said. Those fragments could not undergo DNA testing because they had been badly burned or damaged in explosions. The total number of incinerated fragments dumped in the landfill exceeded 2,700. Knowledge of the practices outraged families of fallen troops and the owners of the landfill, who told the Post they were “pulled in unknowingly” to the situation, and that they wouldn’t want “any part” of troops killed defending the country buried in the landfill.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
sick and disgusting.

Goes to show what those agencies can really do behind closed doors.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Good lord. Don't these people have a conscience? I don't think I could sleep knowing some poor bastard's kid died and is now in landfill.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Keep in mind this happened between 04 and 08. Still though. Horrific. Absolutely horrific. Supposedly it's on the news also.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
These were ashes of unidentified fragments, they were not just dumping the bodies of whole troops into the dump. What are we supposed to do with them?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already 2 threads on this.

It wasn't whole bodies it was pieces. Most weren't dumped they where incinerated. This is under investigation. the original story was from 08 i believe

As a disabled veteran i dont agree with it but its to late now they should have been less shady about it and more open to the families.

I think one of the reasons they did it was to cut done on the cost of identifying random body parts the other was just pure laziness

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Use 'em up...Spit 'em out...Forget 'em.

Starting to treat the military the same as the people. I guess it's a wake up call to show that we are ALL just disposable, replaceable pawns in the elite game.

Pathetic.

edit on 8-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

Really read the reports ITS NOT WHOLE BODIES! its the ashes of random blown off parts. sometimes these piece where found after the body was already given back to the families what are you going to do dig the guy back up and put in with him?

Ats is slowly becoming nothing but random replies on spun-up posts with no real info. Might as well read mainstream news.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well it's not just ATS. It's on national news. Becoming quite a thing.

I feel bad for the families of MIA really. Don't care if it's a finger or a whole cremated body. Unidentified? Besides the point. Every single living person out there who has a loved one MIA is now plagued thinking their loved MIA one is in that landfill.

Every single one. I'd almost rather think them still missing in another Country than have a LANDFILL on my mind. Stuff like that, you can't forget easily. How horrific.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Garbage

When You are inside me,
do You ever feel the corrugation
of my existence?
do You feel the raked furrows
that reside under my skin,
hollowed out coarsely
by common machinations of Men?
somewhere, sometime,
overburdened-the seams came apart,
i lost You, You fell down and out
Your contents so heavy
They burst the soft copper
of my weakly stapled heart.

useless now, opened, torn
cast away, kicked to the side...
roaches still crawl
eating what is left of my glue
They won’t be still
as They lay Their eggs,
multitudinous, white, and glistening
plowed deep in this unfolded
two dimensional stinking hull.
as wet garbage
putridly splatters,
soaking and staining my skin
as on brown paper-
oozing down slowly as tears,
i reflect that i am only
one in a growing pile-
a generically broken,
once carefully packaged,
face of fear.

ETA have you ever considered the arm or leg of your little baby? How do you think parents feel about the blown off arms and legs of their children that have died serving this country? You THINK you want to think about your son's precious arm being thrown in the dump like it was useless to the world?
edit on 8-12-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Man is this story ever getting twisted by those who refuse to read the entire story. These were "unidentified body parts." Yes, if they belonged to deceased members than they were discarded inappropriately. However, lets not twist the story to mean entire bodies were dumped because that is not what happened.

I thank the mainstream media for reporting the story as it should have been because it was still wrong. But ATS members could use a lesson on either reading or interpreting a news story correctly.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Well it's not just ATS. It's on national news. Becoming quite a thing.

I feel bad for the families of MIA really. Don't care if it's a finger or a whole cremated body. Unidentified? Besides the point. Every single living person out there who has a loved one MIA is now plagued thinking their loved MIA one is in that landfill.

Every single one. I'd almost rather think them still missing in another Country than have a LANDFILL on my mind. Stuff like that, you can't forget easily. How horrific.

And how many MIA's do we have in these two wars? Do the research.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

They could dump them in the sea. Show them just a little respect. They did that for Osama, it's the least they could do for US troops

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I agree.
It doesn't MATTER if they were identified or not.
NOT the garbage.

They could bury them separately.
It's a matter of respect.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I agree.
It doesn't MATTER if they were identified or not.
NOT the garbage.

They could bury them separately.
It's a matter of respect.

Its not a matter of respect. They are dead. That means in almost every religion its an empty piece of meat. Do you really think that every blown of piece of a body should have its own grave? or a mass grave?

What do you think they should do with them?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CourageousEyesoftheHeart
reply to post by PrimalRed

They could dump them in the sea. Show them just a little respect. They did that for Osama, it's the least they could do for US troops

They didnt dump bin Laden at sea out of respect. It was done so that they could not recover the body. I also believe that it is Disrespectful for a Muslim to buried at sea.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Use 'em up...Spit 'em out...Forget 'em.

Starting to treat the military the same as the people. I guess it's a wake up call to show that we are ALL just disposable, replaceable pawns in the elite game.

Pathetic.

I get what your saying, but are military people worth more then citizens?

top topics

join