It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your time travel choice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Okay let's put yourself in the shoes of a volunteer time traveller. You get to choose where to go. But you only have one option as it's 'technically' a one way journey.

Where do you go? Would you go to a personal historical event in your life? Would you go further back in time to significant or insignificant human events or even further pre-human? Or would you risk going into a wholly uncertain future, of which we have no information.

If so - what year?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
1787. When the Constitution is being written. I would make sure that many "gray areas" are specifically made much more clear including the specific outlawing of income and property taxes. Most especially I would ensure that central banks are specifically prohibited even if it meant killing Alexander Hamilton with my own hand. I would also make sure George Washington understood the precedent he was setting with the use of troops against American citizens during the whiskey rebellion. Of course if I killed Hamilton, that might not have happened anyway.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Easy!

If we only have one jump, I would memorize the lottery numbers and a few unlikely sports scores and jump backwards one week. Instant millionaire! Then I'd move, build a bomb shelter and stock it to the t$ts. The news the last few months is scaring the bejesus out of me.

edit on 8-12-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Definitely Orion,

I need to get many questions answered concerning the evolution of mankind and its
relationship with this constellation.

The year, 2011, I need a poly morph cloak suit although to ensure my safety out there

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I would go to 1 billion years before the end of the universe. If mankind still exists that is.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I'd go back to the days of the Ancient Egypt and make sure that there was another way to understand the hieroglyphics or at least make it simple to decode in the future. I do not believe a dam thing that the egyptologist suggest about Egypt, especially since I've seen that place with my own eyes.

Nothing in their books makes any sense....something just isn't adding up about their theories and history. So yeah, I would make sure that any civilization would have been able to decipher what was written in stone.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I would go to the original Woodstock festival...aaaaaah....if only!!!

S&F!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

You can't come back though if I understand the OP. All that knowledge would be for naught.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I would go to India at 528 BCE. I would become a disciple of Gautama Buddha. He was so wise and aware!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Hey Lizard

Hmmmmmmmmm...

Just observing the 8-year old Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart being scientifically examined for 3 hours with a veritable Barrage of difficult musical sight-reading tests by Dr. Daines Barrington in London in 1764 including all the forced 'operatic' impromptu musical settings to Italian Metastasian Libretti-texts on the spot including some of his wilder improvisations at his Harpsichord - all would certainly be 'something to see up close and in person' - right up there on a part with being physically on the 'grassy knoll' on Elm Street in Dallas some 200 years later with the Assasination of John F Kennedy (22 Nov 1963) - preferably with my OWN high resolution colour Digital Camcorder ....

Then, of course, there is the Roman execution by crucifixiion of R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean 'Nazir' (Gk. 'Iesous') for armed sedition against the state (specifically breach of Lex Maiestatis - 'no king by Caesar Law') carried out during the reign of the 'divine' Roman Emperor Tiberius at Passover in c. 36 CE...

Oh the list goes on and on....!!

edit on 8-12-2011 by Sigismundus because: thiiis stuttering commputter keeyyboarddd makes for some innntterrreesssting spelling eerrrrors

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
17th century japan .. under the shogunate there was peace, prosperity, arts , literature and culture flourished.
The country was closed to foriegners..

Would also quietly warn them of admiral perry coming in the 19th century and provide the knowledge to prevent his forcing japan to open up to the west and stopping the meiji restoration that resulted from it.

then retired to a nice quiet mountain to live in peace...
edit on 8/12/11 by Expat888 because: tengu mischief..

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

That sounds wonderful! The Japanese had such a beautiful existence before western influence. Most of the 'savages' around the world had beautiful existences before westernization.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RoswellCityLimits

Either some place&time where our theoretical timetraveller could do something against the suffering of fellow humans or something like the original Woodstock festival . But that depends on whether help is direly needed or if the fight is almost over anyway . Either way it would be pretty crazy and sounds like a LOT of fun . In a good way !
edit on 15-12-2011 by BoB420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have thought alot about this. I would go to right when the Vietnam war was ending. The music (radio, vynil records, the clothes,) was all great. I'd try to get on Soul Train as a regular dancer.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

My first thought is Avalon.

top topics

join