It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Shooting At VA Tech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Another Shooting At VA Tech

www.washingtonpost.com

Local S.W.A.T. team members congregate near a parking lot on the campus of Virginia Tech to look for an armed man who is suspected of killing two people, Thursday, Dec. 8, 2011, in Blacksburg, Va. The school said a police officer pulled someone over for a traffic stop and was shot and killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.blogs.cnn.com
www.foxnews.com

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Something is seriously wrong in Blacksburg!
I got home from work around 4pm, talked to my kids, fixed us something to eat then sat down to catch up on today's events & news. While reading the news I did the norm, for me, & turned on the DVR to watch the mind numbing soap opera that takes me away from the daily b.s. About 58 minutes in, yeah, almost over with, the screen freezes to a shot of the smoking WTC with the date Sep. 1, 2011, under it. There it stayed for a good 6-10 seconds before moving on to the news report of todays shooting at VA Tech. This was a CBS station out of DC & although ANOTHER VA Tech shooting is tragic the WTC shot caused a serious WTF moment,
Why would an old stock photo of 9/11 lead into a breaking news report of a shooting in Blacksburg? A faux pas on the part of the station or am I reading too much into this?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Everything is OK it is suspected that the second person shot was the suspect.
Virginia Tech is holding a vigil at 8 tonight for the officer.
Crisis over.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Let's just continue handing out guns to everyone!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Thank you. Yes, I've read that the 2nd person is believed to be the shooter but my O.o moment was the stock photo of the smoking WTC on 9/1/01. However I do question what they're putting in the water in Blacksburg.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Virginia Tech Police, in conjunction with other law enforcement agencies, have determined that there is no longer an active threat or a need to secure in place. Resume normal activities.
www.vt.edu...

Straight from the Virginia Tech homepage.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

Well there where a lot of what people might call" chemtrails" in the sky here today.
If you believe in that stuff.

edit on 8-12-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I'm all for our 2nd amendment rights but there are some serious flaws in the system & that's how mentally unstable individuals are able to get access to weapons & ammo.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Are you close to me and/or Blacksburg? I'm stuck inside all day so don't have an opportunity to view the sky let alone hear the news until I'm let out of the cage.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Lets just say I'm close to the local beat of this story and leave it at that.
Hint hint

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Virginia Tech Press Conference

This is sick... am in DC... this hits so close to home.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AgnarDaGr8

I think it hits a little closer to home for some people
see above posts.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Trust me this was not as bad as what happened in town on April 16th.
I mean are there not shooting like this all the time up in the DC area and other citys?
The local media is having a field day.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Gotcha!

Virginia Tech Press Conference

This is sick... am in DC... this hits so close to home.

I'm also in the DC Metro area & it's quite sickening to know this has happened yet again.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

?????????????????
I can assure you I am not affiliated with the media.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I'm just south of DC, still in what's considered the Metro area.
I grew up in a VERY small town, county population 2,500. Yes, you read that right, not a typo LOL I spent the last 16 years as the wife of a USMC officer, divorce was final in October, moved here from Oahu so yes, most of my life has been very sheltered. I watched Columbine unfold live on TV, on 9/11 I left work, grabbed my kids from school, went home (on the orders of my husband) & watched the horrific events of that day live....& spent the next week wondering if & when my husband was going to be shipped out given his MOS. I very well remember the first shootings at VA Tech....and it's such a shame that this is what society's come to.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I remember the Virginia Tech shooting because I was here on campus when it happened and my girlfriend at the time was locked down in one of the buildings at tech.
This is no way the same level of incident as that was.
Everyone around here is just spooked since that happened.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Spooked with good reason, that's too close to home. It puts everyone on alert and if they're not they're just silly. I'm always looking over my shoulder.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

When you give into fear you lose your power.
The media loves fearful stories.
"If it Bleeds it Leads"

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
I'm all for our 2nd amendment rights but there are some serious flaws in the system & that's how mentally unstable individuals are able to get access to weapons & ammo.

Really?

I'm about as mentally unstable as they come, and I'm not the slightest bit interested in guns. I couldn't care less about my constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Toss them in the ocean for all I care. The problem here is not mentally unstable people; there are all sorts of crazies out here who pose no genuine threat to you.

The problem is that some people have the capacity for extreme acts of violence--including (and perhaps not limited to) murder. The history books are filled to overflowing with examples of vile, horrid, evil acts that were committed by those whom seemed perfectly normal.

Would you be in the most danger in a mental hospital or out in the general public? Don't kid yourself to think you really know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join