It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Standing Ovations for talk show/game show hosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sorry about that blank opening post, anyways we only watch TV here in the winter months and only when something is good to watch.
Hockey Football and very little else unless it is a major news story.
We only do the antenna thing so that should tell you we don't do a lot of tv.
Ok so the past two days I have been re-calibrating our set up here and to do that you need to watch and check the signal of each channel on our set up.
What I have noticed in the past two days is that every talk show host now gets a standing ovation when they walk on screen.
Can someone whom whatches a lot of tv tell me when this crap started?
Last time I did a standing ovation was at the end of a Leafs & Chicago game ( Hockey) and they played their hearts out.
I am asking when does walking on stage for a gossip/crap show deserve a standing ovation?
Please chime in with your thoughts and observations here, like I said earlier .....we don't do tv so I may be wrong in my observations but I don't think so.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

It's all about production Value.
Put your self in the producers shoes.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by Iwinder

It's all about production Value.
Put your self in the producers shoes.

I cant do that because I don't live in Hollywood.
Thanks for the reply, Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
There's a sign in front of the stage the talk host are on that says "Applause" Lights up and tells people to clap "Monkey see, Monkey do" It's just TV and the way they do things to make a show worth watching although the worth watching part is debatable
edit on 8-12-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Sorry about that blank opening post, anyways we only watch TV here in the winter months and only when something is good to watch.
Hockey Football and very little else unless it is a major news story.
We only do the antenna thing so that should tell you we don't do a lot of tv.
Ok so the past two days I have been re-calibrating our set up here and to do that you need to watch and check the signal of each channel on our set up.
What I have noticed in the past two days is that every talk show host now gets a standing ovation when they walk on screen.
Can someone whom whatches a lot of tv tell me when this crap started?
Last time I did a standing ovation was at the end of a Leafs & Chicago game ( Hockey) and they played their hearts out.
I am asking when does walking on stage for a gossip/crap show deserve a standing ovation?
Please chime in with your thoughts and observations here, like I said earlier .....we don't do tv so I may be wrong in my observations but I don't think so.
Regards, Iwinder

Well its because these people who do the chat shows are seen as the bringers of information, or the people who are helping society by the crowds that go to watch them... they are worshiped like celbrities of old from hollywood movies or muscians with talent, thats why it happens, you pay to be in the crowd, your told when to clap and stand its just how things are now... hence the reason i dont watch said garbage.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

The audience is instructed by the staff of the show to stand and clap....it is part of the show! It is really no big deal.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Iwinder

The audience is instructed by the staff of the show to stand and clap....it is part of the show! It is really no big deal.

Sorry but I find it a big deal indeed here.
I was taught that a standing ovation was for a truly spectacular event.
Hence my rant here .......they are handing them out like water in a drought now.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Iwinder

Sorry but I find it a big deal indeed here.
I was taught that a standing ovation was for a truly spectacular event.
Hence my rant here .......they are handing them out like water in a drought now.
Regards, Iwinder

people act like they think these guys are digging into their pockets and handing out their own money...I find it funny! Adulation for game show hosts lol!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Thank you for the explanation, scary stuff if your told to stand and applaud and do it even if you don't feel so inclined to clap or stand.
I guess that canceled out our planned trip to Holywood this year! :-)
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by mileslong54

Thank you for the explanation, scary stuff if your told to stand and applaud and do it even if you don't feel so inclined to clap or stand.
I guess that canceled out our planned trip to Holywood this year! :-)
Regards, Iwinder

Yea, it's stupid and I understand what your saying and it should be reserved for special honors but the media industry is more about money than honor much like many industries in this world they are not there for you to be pleased or to help you, they are there to get your attention and your money.

Peace

top topics

join