It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl stuck in the border between Ukraine and Hungary with 2 horses - how do we help???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

Im not sure if any of you could offer advice for this? I am not able to go into 'chat' as I do not have enough posts.

Megan, the girl in question is riding horses from Beijing to London. Two horses have taken her 7000miles so far, she's passed through the Ukraine, they granted a visa to cross the Ukraine from Russia to Hungary with her horses they then refused to grant her a visa to cross the other way on the grounds that only companies are allowed to import horses into the Ukraine - It is they that are the ones that have effectively slammed the door in Megans' face and may have sealed the fate of two horses that have done nothing apart from transporting their owner over hundreds of miles.

Megan has been stuck there for over 3 weeks and does not want to kill the horses to be able to continue her journey. Winter is closing in and there seems to be no-one in power that can help her.

Any ideas? It seems a bit backhanded that they would allow her to cross one way but not the other through the county.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by samzy
Hi everyone,

Im not sure if any of you could offer advice for this? I am not able to go into 'chat' as I do not have enough posts.

Megan, the girl in question is riding horses from Beijing to London. Two horses have taken her 7000miles so far, she's passed through the Ukraine, they granted a visa to cross the Ukraine from Russia to Hungary with her horses they then refused to grant her a visa to cross the other way on the grounds that only companies are allowed to import horses into the Ukraine - It is they that are the ones that have effectively slammed the door in Megans' face and may have sealed the fate of two horses that have done nothing apart from transporting their owner over hundreds of miles.

Megan has been stuck there for over 3 weeks and does not want to kill the horses to be able to continue her journey. Winter is closing in and there seems to be no-one in power that can help her.

Any ideas? It seems a bit backhanded that they would allow her to cross one way but not the other through the county.

is this a genuine question of help or is this a hypothetical question to asses morals??

the logic scenario would be sell the horses to make enough money to travel the rest of the way by train, horses arnt that cheap.

otherwise take a diffrent route through diffrent countries if the horses mean that much to her...

those too me seem like the only logical ways out the problem she is facing

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Maybe she can arrange for some "company" to ship the horses across the border in exchange for money, publicity or sponsorship...??

If not I would find another route.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
No pics or it didn't happen.

*rim shot*

Why not just sell the horses and move on. When she goes back she can buy them back. duhhhhh

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by samzy

If shes that Hungary , then she can eat the horses?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by samzy

Hello and welcome! What is Megans nationality (passport)? There are a few options besides
going through embassy channels. Assuming she has contacted the embassy of her Citizenship.
One option would be to board a ship/ferry and cross the Black Sea to Romania,Bulgaria,Moldova,etc.
and continue her journey on horseback from there. The other is to connect with a private company that
is able to obtain commerce visas/diplomatic pouches and gain rite of passage through them.
I have a friend who crossed the continent of Africa from South to north by motorcycle who ran into
Visa issues trying to cross through Rwanda/Uganda. He spent some time crossing Lake Tanganyika
as the only option. Some times you have to dismount for a while in order to get to your destination.
If you catch my drift.
Let me know from which country Megan holds a passport. Cool Post

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It would be this person I would imagine.

www.bbc.co.uk...

She's from the UK it seems.

Here we go.
www.thelonghorseride.com...
edit on 8-12-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is a blog that is updated.

We are back in Ukraine, but not without setbacks, and it is not the end of our problems by a long shot, as I have only been given 10 days (effectively now 8 days) to get the horses out of the country.

thelonghorseride.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Good work Pazcat. That was fast. Why do I get the feeling her obstacles will be overcome?
Certainly through private or diplomatic channels. Especially because of the Charitable and International
Fellowship Cause. Georgia is a hot spot right now. If all else fails, Take the long way home.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Is this the part where we are asked for some cash?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hey welcome and if the horses need shoes I am willing to forfit what I have in my backyard to shoe them ...I heare its rough country over there ....peace ps ..if megan is heading to london there is no reason to think she is importing horses anywhere ...its called a mode of transportation that could be considered a 2hp mode of transportation
edit on 8-12-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Tie her arms to one horse and her legs to the other, face the horses in opposite directions and give them a good hard smack in the ass.
No need to thank me, I enjoy making decisions for people who can't figure stuff out on their own.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by samzy

it's Ukraine ... 50$ will do it .. believe me. They just want money ... It got a lot of people that i know out of trouble in Ukraine (traffic tickets and stuff) ... usually they are bothering you just to get some cash from you even if you didn't do anything wrong

P.S.: i'm not living in Ukraine

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by samzy

Why did you claim that Megan traveled 7 thousand miles and then say that the horses have been ridden hundreds of miles? What is up with this? Links please.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Get these people to help.

www.worldhorsewelfare.org...

They will know company willing to get the publicity for helping for free.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but I agree with the guy above. Bribe them. That seems to be the easiest way, always has been.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If true good luck to all concerned.....

..but it really sounds like the opening of a hustle.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It's simple. Megan should go back and take care of her horses, especially now that winter is setting in. That's more important than making some bizarre journey for publicity.

Winter occurs the same time of year every year, did she consider this when making her plans? Even if she didn't have border crossing problems, was it sensible for her and steed to make a long trek in the winter in Ukraine?

And, furthermore, countries borders have been there for a while. Did she think about getting visas and other logisticla requirements first?

If this is real and not a scam (I'm pretty suspicious like others here), the point has been made that engaging in cross-continental travel by obscure means is difficult and takes thought and planning. Megan should pack it in for the winter, and then start up again if she has investigated the logistics sufficiently and knows what she's doing. If she doesn't then she shouldn't try to do foolish things without planning.

top topics

join