It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds most Human Looking Robot Ever

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Hahaha you'd need about 900,000 US and thats not with extras....

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
marks out of 10....

i'd give her 1!!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Any one else notice the close uP of her breasts? Lol
Pretty cool looking now we just need to get the A.I right. Once that happens they will get smarter and smarter untill there smarter then us and building ever smarter updates of themselfs. Thats the singularity i believe wr cant even begin to imagine what that world will be like

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Is it cool to be creeped out and sexually excited at the same time? Cause I gotta tell ya, I'm feeling a little bit of both lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Is it cool to be creeped out and sexually excited at the same time? Cause I gotta tell ya, I'm feeling a little bit of both lol.

I hear you, only I'm not creeped out.

edit on 9-12-2011 by bigern because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2011 by bigern because: I always screw up icons

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
If you don't remember the movie Screamers with Peter Weller . Similarities are a bit uncanny as for future possibilities . This is where it starts and where it ends , well you get the picture .

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110
If you don't remember the movie Screamers with Peter Weller . Similarities are a bit uncanny as for future possibilities . This is where it starts and where it ends , well you get the picture .

www.youtube.com...

DUUUUUUUDEEEE! I thought I was the only person on Earth to see that movie! I still love it too this day but you got a real point, one based on a kick ass obscure movie but a point none the less.

I think we are looking at exactly that, huge advancements in military as drones are taking the place of manned missions and big money in the private sector as difficult, outspoken and moody women are replaced with appreciative non judgmental orifices.

Uhh, Just kidding girls...........?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

I tell you what after a few beers she would be kinda hot!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Soon. My dream of a harem will come true!

Serious. I´m happy my generation will probably not be the one thats replaced by androids. But I give AI 200 years to realize mankind is not worth living.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
HAHA you guys are really turned on by this robot!!!!

Brilliant Business idea I must admit.. people would pay thousands for a realistic robot to have sex with...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by watchdog8110

www.youtube.com...

DUUUUUUUDEEEE! I thought I was the only person on Earth to see that movie! I still love it too this day but you got a real point, one based on a kick ass obscure movie but a point none the less.

I think we are looking at exactly that, huge advancements in military as drones are taking the place of manned missions and big money in the private sector as difficult, outspoken and moody women are replaced with appreciative non judgmental orifices.

Uhh, Just kidding girls...........?

Hot flashes will be a thing of the past .
But dang the right cross is a killer same with the upper cut and she can keep up on the dance floor too .

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I wonder if futuristically, this is a very strange question I am warning you. But with advances in Artificial Intelligence do you think a male Robot could Rape? If it really had "his own freewill"

Thats kind of scary. It makes me think robots and AI should never have sexual feelings programmed... when you think about it, it really is a bad Idea..

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I don't exactly know what the difference between a robot and an animatronic figure is. Can anyone clarify that?

Robotics is a very broad field, including mainly robots that look and act nothing like organic life... painting machines, assembly lines, that sort of thing. Any machine that can be programmed to perform kinetic actions without supervision is a robot.

Animatronics is a branch of robotics that seeks to make robots which more closely resemble organic life forms in both appearance and ability. There are two major hurdles left, IMO: intelligence and baseless design. Intelligence, as in intelligence similar to organic life, will never be accomplished using digital technology; it will require the use of analog technology which is not being taken seriously at this point. Baseless design is an emerging science, where there is no set 'base' for a machine to operate from. The robot must make adjustments based on overall variable positioning rather than being able to make adjustments from a known, fixed base of reference.

I expect the first generations of androids to be essentially mechanical clones of an operator sitting somewhere in comfort, removing the need for true intelligence. As time progresses, the programming will become more complex and allow an operator to simply command an android in a general rather than a specific sense. Then will come the true stand-alone intelligent servant android. We're still a little ways from that finish line.

They are doing a great job with the subtle movements, but I still see some digitalization overall. When it is impossible to tell the difference between a robot and a person, well, that will be scary.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'd hit it.

Line 2 to remain socially acceptable.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
I'll get one as soon as they are programed to wash the dishes.

Or a make a sandwich!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
That really does look real, though the movement is still rather stiff.

Some one said it reminds them of I-Robot. It reminds me of the movie A.I Artificial Intelligence.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I could kind of imagine having one and tooling around wherever, say hiking or going on a road trip or something.Setting in low folding chairs in the desert around a campfire discussing whatever topic, trying to get it to understand itself to be sentient if it was possible. Kind of like a dog, where you couldn't really do much to offend it. Having one smart enough linguistically and mentally to discuss physics or the universe, or how to poach an egg. And of course there might follow some feeling of intimacy, who knows. I know all of you are thinking 'Sex Doll', but once past the carnal, it would be intriguing as a companion, and possibly a friend. Then there's sociological aspect of it, it's ability to interact with a human psyche, and form relationships, and the human factor of surrendering to an emotional attachment with such a machine. But, how long would they remain machines? And could this ultimately be a vehicle for near immortality of the human race.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I also think owning one or cohabiting with one should be something one would need a license for. Not just any crude or vulgar uncouth that wanted one. Much as we have people who qualify to get an airplane license, or a certain degree in education or mental ability, not just an ebay item for any use anyone wished it to perform.
thus eliminating the unsavory aspects of some of the seedier of mankind becoming masters of such a device. Much as an animal has certain rights., maybe a certain inalienable set of rights. If your going for the God/Creator of an essential new lifeform as it were.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Human like robots are developing quickly, however once they reach a point were either increased production capability or militarily capable we will see this industry explode. I believe we will see autonomous human like robots used for military applications before socially designed robots.
edit on 8-12-2011 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

That is the question that came to mind when I first watched this...

Why is there so much study and money available for making a robot that if possible is not to tell from a real person? It can not be just for the fun of it, to have a surrogate bff (best friend forever) or to proof science is able to.

As many things that cost a lot to develop it must be for millitary applications, such as.......uhm..such as....not soldiers., would they?.....why would they?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
I wonder if futuristically, this is a very strange question I am warning you. But with advances in Artificial Intelligence do you think a male Robot could Rape? If it really had "his own freewill"

Thats kind of scary. It makes me think robots and AI should never have sexual feelings programmed... when you think about it, it really is a bad Idea..

Yeah,unless they're programmed to please you when the husbands not home...

But seriously they wouldn't have a need to do that unless it was a faulty bit of code.Humans should be the ones to be more concerned about.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join