It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Occupier now holds Wall Street job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Ex-Occupier now holds Wall Street job

www.cnn.com

New York (CNN) -- The occupiers of Wall Street have been portrayed by some as radicals, young kids without focus, ne'er-do-wells who'd do anything but get a job. But one woman used her time in at Zuccotti Park differently, and as a result she has gone from Occupy Wall Street to occupying an actual office on Wall Street.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
From what I gather here, her only issue was being under-employed or unemployed. So she protested. As soon as someone decided to hire her, she stopped the protest.

So, if all "occupiers" were given a sweet 70k a yr job right now to stop protesting would they?

I bet they would. What do you think?

www.cnn.com

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Maybe. But even if they had a sweet job now it won't stop the upcoming collapse from coming.......

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

So, if all "occupiers" were given a sweet 70k a yr job right now to stop protesting would they?

I think she represents about... 1%.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I see what you did there.
Giving this one lady a job doesn't solve anything and I honestly don't think it's news worthy.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

I bet they would.

No I don't think so.
At least not all 100% of the ninety niners.

A small percentage of the Occupoopers will never be 100% satisfied with anything.
It's more human nature in general, some people are just happy being miserable.

I think we all know someone like this.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadank
reply to post by pause4thought

I see what you did there.
Giving this one lady a job doesn't solve anything and I honestly don't think it's news worthy.

So what would you suggest?
Sweep it under the rug so that it doesn't make them look bad?
I guess some people can't handle the truth.

Obama, is that you?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The Occupy protest isn't about 'getting a job'. It's about the major Wall Street banks gambling away our money, getting trillions in bailouts, then handing themselves 'sweet' million-dollar bonuses - while in the process wrecking the economy and sending homes into foreclosure.

While she should be thankful to have gotten a job out of her time at an Occupy protest, she doesn't represent the message of #OWS.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

I bet they would.

No I don't think so.
At least not all 100% of the ninety niners.

A small percentage of the Occupoopers will never be 100% satisfied with anything.
It's more human nature in general, some people are just happy being miserable.

I think we all know someone like this.

The irony of your sig and how you view the OWSers (judging by your post history on the subject matter). Do you even know the point of that sig? I bet you interpreted that sig to wrongly mean "be wary of a Communism before it's too late" didn't ya?
edit on 8-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

From what I gather here, her only issue was being under-employed or unemployed. So she protested. As soon as someone decided to hire her, she stopped the protest.

www.cnn.com

Workers in the finance industry work 10-12 hour days minimum, often more than that, and usually put time in on weekends. I'm willing to bet most "occupiers" are way too lazy and entitled to do anything close to that amount of work. It's probably at least a factor in their unemployment status.

Hard work has never been part of their mantra.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I love that they were protesting K street yesterday. For those who don't know what K street is, it's essentially the area in washington DC where the lobbyist keep their offices. They have also put a homeless family into a home that was foreclosed on.

Newt Gingrich had a few offices over on K street...funny he's leading GOP race....he's the most corrupt SOB in the entire race and he's leading the polls! lol

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Glad to see she's no longer an occu-pooper. She's got a job and is self supporting. Good for her. Perhaps she can set the example for the rest of them ... come in, take a shower, poop in toilets, quit demanding something for nothing, and get a job.

top topics

join