It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran shows video of downed US Spyplane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Iran shows video of downed spyplane

Well that looks good to me, a little bit of reverse engineering might level the playing field.

I am sick and tired of the pugnacious USA running riot all over the world and thinking they have carte Blanche to intrude on sovereign nations.

I hope Iran having brought this plane down garners some respect from the US, although they will probably just use it as an excuse to start warmongering some more.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

This the unmanned drone? It's bigger than I thought it would be. Is the video online or am I missing it in this article?

From what I've read on this the US claims they lost a drone a little while back, some sort of malfunction and the craft made its way into Iranian air space. Iran says they've basically hacked into it, while the US authorities are saying it's not possible.

Bottom line is, Iran now has this drone for sure, and most likely a few more
The military had to see this coming, losing a drone that is, so I would image they built these drones to have acceptable losses of intel/tech, but nothing too devastating. I bet some parts have little self destruct devices, why not?
edit on 8-12-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yes it is the unmanned drone. I am on iPhone so could not see video online from my handset. Will keep searching though.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedonk
reply to post by Swills

Yes it is the unmanned drone. I am on iPhone so could not see video online from my handset. Will keep searching though.

No wonder the webapge looked so crappy, its a mobile link

Here's the link for anyone not on a mobile, video on link: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that up, the RQ-170 is pretty fancy, I've heard this one was a CIA bird. I wonder if we'll now be bombing the hanger it's in before Iran can get it up again. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-12-2011 by Silverado292 because: Grammer

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Here is the video.
Don't know how long it will be up though?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Oh what's that? You people that gave me heat about Iran not having the means to hack into the drone, look at those pictures. THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!

Like I was telling everybody. A kid can hack into the pentagn and you think Iran's cyberunit can't hack into a freaking drone? GIMME A BREEEAK!
edit on 8-12-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What I find really odd is there seems to be no apparent damage?
Wasnt it supposed to be shot down or crashed?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Wow, didn't know these drones were that big.

Well done, Iran!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
What I find really odd is there seems to be no apparent damage?
Wasnt it supposed to be shot down or crashed?

No! Halleluia! It was hacked. That fact was available in Wikipedia for ages now jesus...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hacked, landed with seemingly zero damage. Very impressive.

Anybody that can understand the commentary that goes with the video here? If so are there any stand out comments made by the Iranians?

Yah Boo Sucks for example

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Looking at the video and the wiki pics. They look different. Could this be a fake? Maybe a propaganda model? I mean what is that screen where a window would be? Even though they are pilotless.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Damn, i must give props to Iran for bringing this down via cyber warfare, Bet people didn't know those "barbarians" were that smart.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

It only looks like a screen from a distance I think up close it is a mesh airvent type thingamajig.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Anything is possible but I'm not sold on Iran hacking into this drone. I've worked in military intel and I know how secure all of their systems are. I have serious doubts Iran hacked into a military network, but if Iran hacked the plane itself, over riding US control, then maybe. But trust me, these systems are state of the art, so its hard to believe Iran hacked them, but you never know who is helping Iran behind the scenes. What other countries are notorious for hacking? Do they purchase Iranian oil?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

But compare it to the wiki photo of what one looks like. very different.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Ever since this story broke...my first gut reaction was, that this was an *inside* job. I'm sorry, but with the U.N. and so many other sub-agencies involved, it stands to reason, that someone could have infiltrated to an inner position to pull this off. It certainly leaves the U.S. in a sticky situation on what to do now....it appears even Obama is stumped on how to get this puppy back without starting a war.

I wonder, after all is said and done...how much money is down the drain with this worst case scenario. OR, for the die hard conspiracy folks...why was this move in the overall game made.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wouldn't be surprised if the hardware was made in China and China gave Iran the means to hack it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does that look like just a cheap fiberglass mock up?

What's with the vents in the front like that? Or is that the rear?

I'm not saying this didn't happen.. but that thing looks like a home made toy.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The sentinel looks alittle odd in the video footage, maybe it was in pieces and they rushed to glue what they could together, im amazed there is no system on board to fry sensitive information. Maybe there is and that info is not known to the public. It would be an egg in the face for iran, either way they still posess the stealth frame and can get alot of good info from this. Im sure there phones have been ringing off the hook from china, Russia, Pakistan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join