It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens If Cameron/Someone Vetos The German-Franco Agreement ->

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If my worries about financial transaction tax are true(see my above post)and If Cameron lets this go through-there will be nowhere safe to keep your money without getting hit by EU financial transaction tax.

Banks,credit unions,metal trading-all will fall under the financial transactions umbrella.

Hell,even shopping and buying fuel is a "financial transaction"-are we going to have to pay an extra tax to the EU when we buy food,fuel or books?

Look at the words they are using folks-It sounds to me as though they wish to force extra EU wide taxes upon us all at every point of sale or bank transaction.
Read about what Merkel and Sarkozy are planning here-look at the part about their letters to each other.
Check out the financial transaction tax idea:
www.bbc.co.uk...

Remember-Cameron only promised to look after "the city"(that is London's financial district).
www.express.co.uk...

What is the betting he makes a deal not to veto-and that deal will mean the city can continue without extra EU taxes,while the rest of us get sold down the river and have to pay ATM/bank/pay packet charges to the EU as well as the taxes we have to pay to the UK government?

I would bet he does that,no referendum,free pass to the bankers and the rest of us taxed even more.

That will be the final insult to me-I cannot stick around with my family under such a regime of theives.

edit on 8/12/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: we are screwed

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I know that would be the final straw.

Even though riots would hit hard when most folk start struggling to keep roof over their heads.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Lots of news coverage in the UK regarding a threat to veto.
Veto threat

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what Cameron does or really says, it's a Eurozone issue which for all purposes does not directly involve the UK. If no full agreement can be arranged with the 27 member states of the EU that idea is scrapped and the vote goes to the 17 EZ members, there wont even be a chance for a veto to be used.
He's best to ask for a couple of minor soveriegnty issues, which they will probably throw a few bones the UK's way so the big boys can get down to the real business of saving Europe. There will be no veto, Cameron will do effectively nothing and be hailed as a success.
Job done.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by the secret web

'no I coudn't care less if the rich get a lot poorer and we have less money, lets get out of europe for good'

Here,here!

Why we ever got involved with the EEC is beyond me, the UK is a self sufficient island, we have a world class manufacturing industry, fantastic agriculture, North sea oil........yet we allow ourselves to be dictated to by Brussels!!

If this agreement goes through then we can look forward to Germany dictating to us.......it's took them nearly 70 years, but they are almost there!

Madness!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Look like we nailed it with regards to the veto. Indeed, it looks like the agreement was specifically designed to force a veto from the UK. now the question has to be whats going to happen to the Euro?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
It doesn't matter what Cameron does or really says, it's a Eurozone issue which for all purposes does not directly involve the UK.

The bottom line is the german and french goverment want the agreement to bring in a tax to tax the city of london financial markets. If anyone is gonna tax the 1% in the square mile it shouold be the UK...get yer own damn 1% lol.

Seriously though this is a bit odd where both france and germany are trying to protect their own interests and that is seen as fine, but when england wants to do the same ..its seen as somehow terrible.Every country should have the power to protect its own markets and interests and this is why things such as the EU will never work.

Wayne...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Every country should have the power to protect its own markets and interests and this is why things such as the EU will never work.

And who wrote that "rule" that every country "should [...]"? This is total nonsense. The future of Europe or the whole world if you will is certainly NOT in going back to the middle-ages where each and any country is souvereign and independent from each other - it's EXACTLY the OPPOSITE. Europe needs to grow together and solve the issues and not separate.

The Euro as a common currency is a good start.

And by the way..if it was after you and "every country should protect its own markets and interests"...you know...why didn't Merkel say "Hey Greece, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Whoever"...SCREW YOU....you are borrowing money from us for years already...we have no interest anymore, you are out.

France/Germany is literally babysitting those countries and supported them for YEARS....for the sake and the overall benefit of keeping the EU together and keeping those countries from collapsing.

If you ask me, a FAR MORE honorable thing to do than your Cameron who's interest is only his own.

While understandable (because why would YOU need to support the EU and her problems?) it simply...well...leaves a weird taste. You *are* Europeans, after all, but you don't act like it!

edit on 9-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I totally disagree and you are totally wrong (at this point in time). We should never give up our soverign rights until the world is ready for that move. At present we have a mass of psychopaths running the show, until the psychos are out of the picture we should maintain soverign rights dictated be the people.

The only reason we get into wars is because the rulers are greedy and want to rule the world, until that stupid and dangerous mentality is destroyed no conglomeration should take place.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Every country should have the power to protect its own markets and interests and this is why things such as the EU will never work.

And who wrote that "rule" that every country "should [...]"? This is total nonsense. The future of Europe or the whole world if you will is certainly NOT in going back to the middle-ages where each and any country is souvereign and independent from each other - it's EXACTLY the OPPOSITE. Europe needs to grow together and solve the issues and not separate.

The Euro as a common currency is a good start.

And by the way..if it was after you and "every country should protect its own markets and interests"...you know...why didn't Merkel say "Hey Greece, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Whoever"...SCREW YOU....you are borrowing money from us for years already...we have no interest anymore, you are out.

France/Germany is literally babysitting those countries and supported them for YEARS....for the sake and the overall benefit of keeping the EU together and keeping those countries from collapsing.

If you ask me, a FAR MORE honorable thing to do than your Cameron who's interest is only his own.

While understandable (because why would YOU need to support the EU and her problems?) it simply...well...leaves a weird taste. You *are* Europeans, after all, but you don't act like it!

edit on 9-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

Some utopean dream of a united world or europe is just that...a dream. Maybe if we were all emotionless machines then it would have a chance, but we're not. we are human beings and maybe it would have helped if the everyday man and woman in the street were given a chance to say if they wanted this or not. But they haven't and chances are they probably never will.

If britain went along with this what wouldhappenis it would end up putting france and german economies in a FAR stronger poistion in the long term and the british economy on its knees with little or no control over the city of london markets.

Trying to fix thats is obviously broken is never going to give a long term solution. its been equated to trying to fix the titanic with a band aid.

Lets assume that by some miracle we all wake up on the 1st january and its all been fixed and we have a single europe that works. Europe is taxing the london financial markets to the hlt to finance things andthe brtish economy as a direct result is on its knees. what would europe do? what they have done in the past and turn the other way. what happens next time this situation occurs (as you can bet it will)?

Its like a business if its no longer viable and losing money like a leaky boat then it does not deserve to survive in its current form. Is that 'fair'? no ...but no one ever said the world was supposed to be. It can be harsh and often far worse. I spend a lot of my time working in europe, I enjoy the rest of europe as a place and consider it in many ways a second home. But do I consider myself part of it? No. Britain has always had an island mentality and probably never will change for the foreseeable future.

By agreeing britain would end up with an economy that was broken maybe just as badly as greece...then you have compounded the problem ...not improved it. A solution that causes more problems is not a solution but a whole new problem. There is no simplesolution in theh short term.....and many politicians dont have a stomache for long term solutions as they would be long out of power by time things improved. This is a flaw in the whole political system as there is no real reason for any poluitician to care what happens to their country once they leave office. If they were held accountable for the rtesults of their policies for the rest of their life then maybe ..just maybe that would change. but its not feasible.

Wayne...

Wayne...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well now Cameron vetoed and the other European leaders are angry at him for putting the UK first for once in our lives since the original EEC treaty in the 70s, I wonder what will happen to us.

Kicked out of the EU maybe? Not classed as a part of Europe at all?

Could be interesting to see where this leads but I'm glad he said no.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Well now Cameron vetoed and the other European leaders are angry at him for putting the UK first for once in our lives since the original EEC treaty in the 70s, I wonder what will happen to us.

Kicked out of the EU maybe? Not classed as a part of Europe at all?

Could be interesting to see where this leads but I'm glad he said no.

So am I ...and I normally can't stand him or his party lol. I'm glad for once someone has had the balls to do what was right for britain and not to appease europe.

Wayne...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
reply to post by the secret web

Personally, I dont believe most politicians, or the front benchs anyways, give a damn about the people. Youre right in saying enforcing a single currency across the union is not going to work, but I dont think they care anout this either, its the "one world currency" the bankers really want and total control. And I "know", through just watching the past, that they will drag millions through the s**t to get thier way. These peole actually believe they are a diffrent species, and that the rest are a sub species. This shows the mentality of these people and this belief in us being a sub-species will be thier personal justification for massive culling of that sub-species.

Treating the population as a sub-species is thier mehod of dealing with thier own concious, hence, meet the psychopath.
edit on 8-12-2011 by TheMindWar because: Added info

I think your right when you say that front benchers dont give a monkeys about people. What happens to these people when they get power. I live 2 mins away from my MP, the labour partys Mike hedges, ( a name check for ya there Mike if your reading, although i seriously doubt you are, but if you were reading this site, youd be very cool), the guy cannot do enough for you, even the littlest things, he never forgets and gets them done.
What changes these people so much? power. power corrupts dunnit.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
The sooner the Eurozone collapses, the sooner we can get a real, long term sollution in place. Britain is sick of carrying nations like Cyprus, Greece and Estonia. I happen to know that the Eurozone is not too popula with the German people too. Its time the people just said NO to europe.

The Eurozone is equally not so popular with Greeks, Estonians, Irish ect... or any other nation for that matter.
edit on 9-12-2011 by GardenerOfEden because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join