It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran releases video of downed U.S. spy drone–looking quite intact

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I know that america has made lot's of inovations in technology, but the products produced by the nation are often bad quality, probably becuase they value quantity over quality, just like japan.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig
I know that america has made lot's of inovations in technology, but the products produced by the nation are often bad quality, probably becuase they value quantity over quality, just like japan.

Soooooo.... are you talking about who created the innovations, or who copies them the cheapest?
edit on 8-12-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You're not making any sense now. Less generals and more specifics.

And location: Denmark...im surprised you know what technology is.
edit on 8-12-2011 by xlb40 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The RQ-170 is very old technology and the internal components could only generously be described as sparse. From what I understand of the computer system, it would be almost impossible to "hack" the drone to purposely engage in a controlled crash.

In addition, the altitude of the drone is beyond the range of AA fire. I have read reports that the most likely situation is that the Iranians got word that the drone was stationed at Base X and positioned their newly acquired Russian electronic intelligence and jamming system known as “Avtobaza along the border. Then they simply need to have border sentries watch the skies and hope for the best. This would also explain the 5 day lag between the crash and Iran announcing they had the drone. It took them that long to actually locate it after it went down.

This is only speculation on my part, but I would not be surprised at all if the intelligence supplied to Iran about the drone being stationed at Base X was actually supplied by the CIA. The RQ-170 is considered expendable (the main reason it was also used in the Usama Bin Laden raid for pre-intelligence) and would be the ideal candidate to insert a very sneaky and hidden trojan.

Basically the ideal would be let the Iranians have the outdated craft with its minimal software package, knowing they would try to reverse-engineer the code, they would infect their own systems and open the possibility of a back door being unlocked.

If this is the case, it really would be very clever.

Just my two cents on this developing story.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This latest incident is very interesting to me, but from a perspective that most have not discussed, so I will share some thoughts on this drone matter.

While the stories have changed from day one till today, it is important to pay attention to the fact that the drone is intact.

I can believe that the drone was hacked, then controlled into landing, but what no one is mentioning is that Iran could have given us a glimpse of secret technology that allows them to remotely hack, then control the enemies drones or perhaps missiles commands and as with this drone, such a secret stealth capability that could be done remotely this same secret technology could use the drones as platforms that appear to be in USA control but share the target acquisition data so that Iran can know in advance what is being targeted.

With the capability to hack a drone, control it and land it for the world to see should be front page news and there should be intelligence experts and hacking experts all talking about how Iran may have a new secret form of controlling computer programmed items and if so, just what does that mean in world war where such drones would be the eyes, ears and messengers of hellfire missiles on command.

Instead of the thoughtful discussion such incidents would have generated on ATS in years gone by, I can discern that it is difficult these days for people to use their mental capabilities to think about what this media incident actually tells us.

Iran invented chess and while Obama and his Zionist masters play poker, Iran just may have shown a wild card of sorts that not even the USA, Russia, China or others have no doubt already seen and reacted to such a display of advanced high tech hacking of a sophisticated system.

We should be asking ourselves what does this mean for the future of drones and their ability to be compromised if not already hacked and waiting for a go to war command to begin a set of functions that help Iran to defeat the great Satan and the Little Satan.

Iran should not be underestimated and this incident shows enough to those that can truly observe that what we are seeing is a show of advanced technology that no nation can afford to ignore. Not even the USA.

Thanks for the thread. I hope this will add to the future discussion of what this incident actual means to those that see it for what it really is. Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
Is it possible that this drone plane is a trojan horse. Has some other agenda once it make it to its target location?

Im glad I wasnt the only one thinking that. They will more than likely take it to a top secret are to revers engineir it and to analize the software (windows 3.5
) maybe.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent

Is it possible that this drone plane is a trojan horse. Has some other agenda once it make it to its target location?

Im glad I wasnt the only one thinking that. They will more than likely take it to a top secret are to revers engineir it and to analize the software (windows 3.5
) maybe.
You americans just can't accept the fact that your so called "high tech" UAV drone malfunctioned.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

) maybe.
You americans just can't accept the fact that your so called "high tech" UAV drone malfunctioned.

Funny there are probably multiple CIA agents and technologies tracking you Swedish people. Meanwhile, we enjoy your chocolate!
edit on 8-12-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

) maybe.

Funny there are probably multiple CIA agents and technologies tracking you Swedish people. Meanwhile, I enjoy your chocolate!

Swedish? Chocolate? Firstly, I'm Scanian. Sweden is our eternal enemy. We Scanianpeople are no more Swedish than Canada is American. Secondly, Sweden is not know for chocolate! That's switzerland you are thinking of. But I guess ignorant americans can't tell the diffrence. Thirdly, we Scandinavians would defeat america any day. Just bring it on, you cowards!
Our technology is far superiour to yours. The americans fear scandinavian war technology.

Comparing Scanidnavian technology and American technology is like comparing dog faeces and candy.
America is the dog faeces.

I hope you have fun being israelian puppets.

“We, the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it.” (Statement of Ariel Sharon, former prime minister of Israel, Oct. 3, 2001.)

And we're the ones tracking YOU. You just don't have any clue about how much we know.
Challenge us to war and you'll see.
edit on 8-12-2011 by Sorgmodig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

) maybe.

Where did I say anything about our(the us) tech I was just putting a theory out there hell I was even making fun of our own tech get the "windows 3.5" ,all ways ready to bash an american "its the funnest thing going today"phhhhhhh

To add I can accept they have it thats no biggie for me. Im just curios where we go from here
edit on 8-12-2011 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I hope you have fun being israelian puppets.

“We, the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it.” (Statement of Ariel Sharon, former prime minister of Israel, Oct. 3, 2001.)

Yeah, I debunked that one some time ago. It comes from Hamas fundraisers in Chicago, or someone closely associated with them.

And we're the ones tracking YOU. You just don't have any clue about how much we know.
Challenge us to war and you'll see.

I cannot even imagine why we would bother. Three day drill weekend for the Reserves, maybe?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Our technology is far superiour to yours. The americans fear scandinavian war technology.

Comparing Scanidnavian technology and American technology is like comparing dog faeces and candy.
America is the dog faeces.

lol troll...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Already posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join