It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran releases video of downed U.S. spy drone–looking quite intact

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Iran shows off captured U.S. Drone on T.V

news.yahoo.com

Iran military official gives tour of downed U.S. RQ-170 drone.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-12-2011 by USarmyFL because: fix

Already posted, I did a search and didn't see anything till I tried again. Mods delete please.
edit on 8-12-2011 by USarmyFL because: Dbl Post

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Didn't see this posted. Looks pretty intact. Interesting.. Something seems a little odd. What say you ATS? How many lines must I type for it to accept my post. I really do not have much else to say lol, is why there is a link. I wonder what "secrets" they will find from this. Guess time will tell.

5th Line

U

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Took me a while to get press tv loaded I wonder if they are under a DOS attack or something. I also noticed the presstv.com doesn't load for me anymore. Did they get that domain taken away or something? Maybe its just my comp?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I guess we know who put that Virus they found in the drones here..

says there electronic warfare unit took it down...

Just reading between the lines.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Iran=1

usa=0

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

PressTV is loading VERY slow for me to.

Something seems strange, it usually loads just like any other site.
I'm on a 30mbps connection so it should load pretty fast.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well this is going to be very interesting, its looking more like Iran does have the capability of hacking a drone and landing it. I dont see any evidence of it crash landing, but Im no expert either. Someone should have pulled the KILL switch, and blown it up. Damn it, now China, Russia, Iran, and the rest of those Goons can just come right in and get the Technology handed to them on a silver platter, And it probably took some American Engineer years of R&D to get a prototype even built, all gone to the enemy, in the blink of an eye

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There gonna reverse-engineer it!!!!

Waiiittttt....I think this is the same country who showed off their water-floating-car-planes a few weeks ago.

Nevermind.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It seem to have got lost and possibly run out of fuel and landed. Shot down would be a total mess.

Oh hang on, I'm on this crazy place, Aliens caught it and handed it to Iran.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is what Aviationweek has to say about it. It might be older in design and technology for US but definitely not for Iran or China or other countries who can possibly benefit upto a great extent from the equipment (if indeed it was intact).

Aviation_Week_Link

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I hope they searched to make sure it doesn't have some self destruct mechanism on it before putting their hands all over it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Why the alien skulls in the background, and why are they calling it a drone when the pic shows a saucer?

On a serious note it looks like North Korea has shared their haarp style plane killer tech. And of course they walked up and put a bullet in the guidance system to keep it down.....
edit on 8-12-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

Enemy? What has Iran, China, and Russia done to the United states to make them the enemy?
Read between the lines.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Is it possible that this drone plane is a trojan horse. Has some other agenda once it make it to its target location?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
"Hey has anyone seen that jar of weaponized, radioactive, flesh eating, anthrax? I could have sworn I set it on that drone that was sitting over there?"

"We sent it to Iran"

I jest... but hey, if you fly something over another sovereign nation they have every right to shoot it down. Tell me if an armed Chinese drone was flying over DC we would not shoot it down? I certainly hope we would.

If the US gov. wants unlimited unrestricted access to Iran's "secret nuclear program" by all means lead by example. Let Chinese, Russian, Iranian, etc inspectors into our nuclear facilities and tell them your secrets and locations.

No? .. Though so. Not that I blame them. I would not do it either. But dont expect anyone else to want to.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
This is what Aviationweek has to say about it. It might be older in design and technology for US but definitely not for Iran or China or other countries who can possibly benefit upto a great extent from the equipment (if indeed it was intact).

Aviation_Week_Link

The tech is outdated, and its partly why the option wasnt considered in going in and disposing of it...it just wasn't necessary/worth it. Risk starting a greater conflict over technology that is dated, or leave it be and let them try to reverse engineer it (which is no easy feat).

Id say the more logical of the two reasons above were reached. Still, this is a "pay day" for Iran, Russia, and china.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Americas technology has always been bad. American cars, f.e, rusts like hell.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig

The above post was brought to you via the American invented PC using the American invented internet, which is posted on an American site.

Srsly, look at the fortune 500 tech companies, the MAJORITY are American. Google, Cisco, Apple, Microsoft, etc dominate the world tech forum, to them, there is no equal.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig

Incorrect. Ignorant. Do research.

2nd line.
edit on 8-12-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join