It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson: "I am considering running for president as a member of the Libertarian Party"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Video

The rumblings are growing stronger than Former New Mexico Govenor Gary Johnson will leave the GOP and run under the Libertarian Party banner for president. The LP has one major advantage in that it's presidential candidate will be on the ballot in at least 47 states in November 2012, which is far more than almost any independent candidate can muster.

Heck, the Libertarian Party of Florida will be hosting a Gary Johnson rally next week. If he officially switches, I would think that is the time and place for it,

As a member of the Libertarian Party, I'm skeptical of this. While Johnson is a great fit for the party (even better than Ron Paul, IMO), I question whether this is a good move. If Johnson comes in and busts his hump for the LP and stays to promote the party, I think it will be a great pick up. However, I am sketpical and think this is simply Johnson looking for the low hanging fruit to get on the presidential ticket.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If he does this, it will most assuredly secure Obama's victory. The last thing you want to do is split the vote of the conervatives in HALF.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The whole "ZOMG A LIBERTATIAN CANDIDATE WILL MEAN OBAMA WINS" is the biggest pile of BS I keep hearing. Just because the mainstream media likes to paint the Libertarian Party as a sub-section of the Republicans doesn't make it true. Plenty of "Liberals" would vote for Gary Johnson after the 4 year of Obama's war mongering.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Gary Johnson as president. hmmm. well he does know how to balance a budget. he does not spend what he does not have. he gave a 10 percent raise to teachers in NM when he was Governor , when no other democrat would. he left office with a balanced budget and then some. Gary did say he wanted legalize to marijuana and made some very good arguments about it. I don't smoke the stuff never have. Id say he is way better than Obama, he did get companies to NM to provide jobs. cant really say that about the rest of the other Governors. He is very down to earth person if you ask me. Not big on drama or a PR pig he did get the job done he set out to do, and that was create jobs and balance the budget of the state. Well NM is in deep debt again due to out last democratic Governor; now the teachers are seeing that 10 percent raise wiped out in pay cuts and then some.

I though this guy would always make a good president, one thing is for sure I know he would heavily concentrate his work on the U.S. home-front. he seems to be the underdog though in the media. The libertarian party would do good by by him in any capacity. Gary Johnson was not always a politician, he owned and built a construction company,so the guy knows what a good hard days work really is.

edit on 10-12-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join