It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Tech Says Shots Fired on Campus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by capone1

I highly doubt the officer was shot by a crazy student with a gun on campus via self-defense.

But I guess we'll see.

I am never without my gun. I carry it on campus, I carry it at work, I always carry it. It doesn't have to be a crazy student. It might be a crazy student, but it doesn't have to be.

I had to threaten to call the chief here on our campus one day before the idiot cops let me drive away. I backed into an old rusty sign pole in an abandoned parking lot on the edge of campus. Messed up my tailgate, but didn't even knock the rust off the pole. I took a look at it, cussed a little, and drove away. Two overzealous napoleon types pulled me over and tried to detain me for leaving the scene of an accident. I knew the law better than them, and I hadn't done more than $500 worth of damage, there was no need to call authorities, etc., etc. The conversation got heated, one of them wanted to cuff me and put me in their car, so I grabbed my phone and the chief's business card from my wallet and started to call him up. This caused them to pause and think for a moment, and by then a more senior officer was also arriving, and we talked, and they let me go. Idiots. I had my gun on me the whole time, they never knew it, and I didn't plan to use it, I would have gone peacefully and handled things through the legal system, but there are occasions where a citizen might need to use self-defense against an officer.

Either way, I am sad for this officer, and the situation is terrible. I'm only trying to urge caution in assuming the who's and why's without any information.

What college allows guns on campus?!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The thing is guys, I'm currently a student at Virginia Tech and to be frank, we are getting quite sick of this bs.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
2 people confirmed dead.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

After the 1st Va Tech shooting, Florida changed its laws to allow guns on public university campuses. I don't know about other states. More recently, they have changed it to not allow guns in classrooms, only vehicles, and lobbyists are trying to get it restricted all the way back to pre VT restrictions where none are allowed again.

To be honest, I'll carry mine regardless.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
make concealed carry legal on campus and gun violence would drop significantly.

gun laws are only respected by honest people. murderers and criminals are already going to break the law, so there is no point for them to keep gun laws.

when will they learn? it's sad more people have to die because of these silly ineffective laws.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by capone1

After the 1st Va Tech shooting, Florida changed its laws to allow guns on public university campuses. I don't know about other states. More recently, they have changed it to not allow guns in classrooms, only vehicles, and lobbyists are trying to get it restricted all the way back to pre VT restrictions where none are allowed again.

To be honest, I'll carry mine regardless.

Wow, I had no idea, that really suprises me. Thanks for the knowledge.
edit on 8-12-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Live Police Scanner in Montgomery County, VA

There's the live police scanner for that area, a lot of chatter going on. The website may not load right away (due to 7k+ people listening to this)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

Above top secret

Above top secret

Above top Secret

Virginia Tech is in the news all the time. I don't know what it is that's going on there. But I know there are more separate incident headlines than this. Still looking

SnF

edit on 8-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
and just like clockwork after the fema camp/detention bill news

Unreal

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
FACTS: 1) A Virginia Tech police officer was shot dead. 2) A second victim was also found dead. 3) Status of the shooter not known -CNN

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Heres a link to the student press team,

twitter.com...#!/CollegiateTimes

edit on 8-12-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
any else think this could be a setup? fast and furious was a setup

this could be another patsy to take away gun rights and make it even hard for law abiding folks to get them??

this smells of the timing of this. Or maybe it's just Holiday stress, isn't it Exam week too??

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
As a local resident in the VA tech community, I cannot express the heartbreak that this brings.

As the days and the details evolve, irregardless of the hows and whys and whos - we are again in mourning as a community, and I suspect, as a nation.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There will be a media briefing at Schott Media Room at 4:30 p.m., according to Virginia Tech.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
What if this guy pulls a Breivik? He especially chose VT as his first target because of its history, and knew cops would flock en masse over there.

So he can wreck havoc somewhere else?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Razziazoid

Possible...lets hope that isn't the case. They are REALLY at it.

www.radioreference.com...
Radio above, it isn't tactical, but it is general. So OTHER things are on there too.
spiffy.ci.uiuc.edu...
Ten codes to reference.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Idiots. I had my gun on me the whole time, they never knew it, and I didn't plan to use it, I would have gone peacefully and handled things through the legal system, but there are occasions where a citizen might need to use self-defense against an officer.

Can you cite any case in the US where a citizen was justified in the use of deadly force against a police officer?

I have never heard that....
edit on 8-12-2011 by AngryAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the families
and Virginia Tech community.
Hope no others are injured or
dead. Any news on the person
with the weapon?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Still have not found the perp...and nights set.
I'm sure they are doing their best...but still.

WAIT I'm wrong.
abcnews.go.com...

Virginia Tech Shooting: Gunman Believed to Be Dead, Lockdown Lifted

A manhunt that locked down Virginia Tech University came to an end today when police indicated that a gunman who ambushed a cop on the campus later died of gunshot wounds.

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 8-12-2011 by Foxe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

Yep. Right here on ATS from an ex-officer...

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by silo13

Can't say this enough:

--“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed.”

www.dailypaul.com...

edit on Thu Jul 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join