It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia tech campus on lock down! Reports of shots!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Not again...

Virgina Tech alerts campus of shots fired; Suspect described as white male, gray sweat pants

Goddammit.

Virginia Tech says gunman is on foot and may be heading towards McComas Hall

edit on 8-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Virginia Tech website describes suspect as white male with gray sweatpants, gray hat with neon green brim, maroon hoodie and backpack

Virginia Tech alert of possible gun shots on campus

Keep safe everybody...

Update :

Virginia Tech says shots were reported near campus parking lot, tells students to stay inside

Breaking news source

More: Federal officials say they have heard nothing yet about a report of shots fired at Virginia Tech - @NBCNews

Hopefully this is all a hoax.

Update 2 :

UDPATED 1:10 p.m.: There is another crime scene near the Duck Pond.

---------------------

UPDATED 1:00 p.m.: NEWS7 reporter Karen Kiley is reporting that a police officer is the one who has been shot.

Damn...
edit on 8-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Pray* not another evol lost walker spreading negative energy on loose, smh.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wow... again? I hope this won't turn out like it did last time... ugh.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken was there not a gunman or suspected gunman on the loose at VA Tech a few months ago? Whether I'm right or not, what the hell is wrong with people?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Confirmation: CBS
edit on 8-12-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

After last time?....it's still a gun free zone. Students and staff are not allowed to carry.

When are people going to wake up?

Make weapons illiegal to carry and only criminals will have them.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
n/m
edit on 8-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It says on their website that a police officer has been shot and there is possible another victim.

link   

BLACKSBURG, Va. -- A police officer was shot at Virginia Tech on Thursday morning and campus officials warned everyone to seek shelter.

"We don’t know if the suspect fled or the extent of the injuries to the suspect or to the officer," NBC News’ Pete Williams told MSNBC TV.

"This was a traffic stop on campus," Williams said, adding "It was not someone walking around firing shots."

A Virginia Tech alert described the suspected shooter as a white male wearing gray sweat pants, a gray hat with a neon green brim, a maroon hoodie, and carrying a backpack.

A Virginia Tech alert said the suspect was last seen walking toward McComas Hall, which is the main gym on campus, about two blocks from Lane Stadium.

In the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, 33 people, including the mentally-ill gunman, were killed on the Virginia Tech campus on April 16, 2007. The massacre in a classroom building began at 9:40 a.m. when Seung-Hui Cho chained the doors and killed dozens before committing suicide.

MSNBC
edit on 8-12-2011 by chudek because: update

"Suspect remains at large. A police officer has been shot. A potential second victim is reported at the Cage lot. Stay indoors. Secure in place."

Source
edit on 8-12-2011 by chudek because: update 2

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Msnbc just said it was a dispute between a guy and a campus cop at a traffic stop..let's hope that is all it is.

Correction: police officer
edit on 8-12-2011 by Mijamija because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The curriculum must be really hard at that school.

I don't understand why people keep doing this. Guess we'll find out soon.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Live Stream

Best thing I could find so far. Decent live stream, this is crazy stuff.

Update: Another live stream.

Live Stream 2
edit on 8-12-2011 by chudek because: update 1

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Perhaps the cop did something like beat up and molest the guys wife and never saw the inside of a courtroom for it.

Of course this is simply baseless conjecture used to get a point across: The police are the enemy, and I for one wouldn't shed a tear if every one of them died in far more horrendous ways than getting shot.

My sympathy is with the innocent victim if it is confirmed that anyone other than an enemy of this nation was shot.
edit on 8-12-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
All the same day that holder is being grilled for fast and furious

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Perhaps the cop did something like beat up and molest the guys wife and never saw the inside of a courtroom for it.

Of course this is simply baseless conjecture used to get a point across: The police are the enemy, and I for one wouldn't shed a tear if every one of them died in far more horrendous ways than getting shot.

My sympathy is with the innocent victim if it is confirmed that anyone other than an enemy of this nation was shot.
edit on 8-12-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

I don't know what's worse: the tone of this post, or that one person starred it. As someone who has several cops and military in my immediately family, I find your post hateful and offensive.

The shooter was pulled over for a traffic stop and shot the cop at point blank range. One other person is dead and as of about 10 minutes ago shots were reported on campus. Where there are students who could possibly be killed.

Whether you like the police or not, these are human beings we're talking about here.
edit on 12/8/2011 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/8/2011 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

After last time?....it's still a gun free zone. Students and staff are not allowed to carry.

Yeah, but this was a cop--armed--and it still didn't save him.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The thing is guys, I'm currently a student at Virginia Tech and to be frank, we are getting quite sick of this bs.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seanajb
The thing is guys, I'm currently a student at Virginia Tech and to be frank, we are getting quite sick of this bs.

A girl who used to babysit my sister's kids is a student at VT, and she said there was a body found at Duckpond just last week.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Yeah, but this was a cop--armed--and it still didn't save him.

Good point. Violence and weapons of violence are never the answer. Not for the criminal or the victim. Soon enough, if some had their way, we'd be walking around the stores holding our weapons at everyone else's eye level, too afraid to talk to anyone for fear of death. By perpetrating the system of violence by trying to fight against violence with more violence, we simply breed more violence! If we lived in a society that didn't use violence as the answer, these criminals would not exist. Nor would they be able to get access to guns even if they were psychopaths because the rest of society would not allow them to have them. It's because our society is so trigger-happy that criminals like this exist and also why our country in general acts very violent towards other countries (and vise versa.)

Of course, realistically, you can't just get rid of all guns all at once. A violence-free society is so far in the future it may not even be possible for us, and I think it's naive to think that we should simply get rid of all guns. But it is something for one to think about next time they consider "I need to protect myself from all the people with guns by getting my own gun!" Wouldn't life be better if no one had a gun in the first place? Why do we fear other people and death so much that we actually create the reason for the fear in the first place?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Cops aren't supposed to draw everytime they pull someone over.

Just sayin'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join