It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Obituary printed in the London Times.....Absolutely brilliant !!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Well written and eloquent. However common sense can be resurrected, it can yet prevail. Why do we say all the time "What can I do"?

First we have to stop thinking in terms of "I". And think in terms of "WE". WE have ALL the power. WE are everything "They" are powerless.

I have NO enemies, not Christian, not Jewish, not Muslim, not White, Black or anything else. I have extensions of my own consciousness. I will not be conditioned into hatred towards others who did nothing to deserve it.

They are 1%, we are 99%. They are the ones with the problem, they are the ones who are scared #less because every day, every minute of every day more and more of our 99% wake up and we grow and grow and the day is nigh where we will assert common sense in all it's resurrected glory with a vengeance.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

This piece was first published March 15, 1998 in the Indianapolis Star. It was originally written by Lori Borgman.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

This piece was first published March 15, 1998 in the Indianapolis Star. It was originally written by Lori Borgman.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
RIP common sense you will be missed sad to see you go

S&F
edit on 12/9/2011 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BriarRose1021

Yes I have stated that, after researching the author was indeed Lori Borgman. If you would have read through the entire thread in several places I listed this, and per the author's request given full credit and her website.

Also stated she has many other good articles on her site worth investigating as well as several books out.

Her site again is: loriborgman.com...

Her archives page is here: loriborgman.com...

A listing of her books are here: www.loriborgman.com...

Thank you for pointing this out.

edit on 9-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar and added sites

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Good Post,

Common sense is now uncommon.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

It is the sad truth...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Its not all Black and White
The people when threatened by a world evil all got together and ENDED the 2 World War in less than 4 years . People can do amazing things .The Celts look at all the good aspects of the 3 ages youth middle age and elder years in other words Son, Father, Grandfather, same with The Female side.. 4 Colors of he Human Race are on the Medicine wheels of the Native Americans Red ,Yellow , Black and White. Peace have a Nice Holiday Look up these words Aho Mitakuye Oyasin..
edit on 9-12-2011 by KingArthur because: addition

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Good find.... But read that one ages ago. F & S anyways!!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tagasbob

"old men" weren't born that way. Do you want your 6th grader deciding the family budget? Or your 3 year old deciding the grocery list? Evidently, someone else has lost their common sense.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It was truly a sad day for us all. Common Sense will be sorely missed. My deepest sympathies go to the survivors Intelligence, and Decency. Our thoughts are with you both.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It follows the adage If you don't use it, you will lose it!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KingArthur

Yes with not one but two weapons of mass destruction..........karma is a bitch baby and what goes around comes around. America has yet to get hers.

And I currently share in this karma.

Understand this, as of December 9, 2011 - America is the ONLY country to have used a weapon of mass destruction TWICE.

And we broke our word, our signed agreement of the Geneva Convention on torture.........so what does that say about our government?

We don't keep our honored agreements, we lie and we have no compunctions about destroying hundreds of thousands of humans.

Morals...............American Military has none in my opinon.
edit on 9-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I love it!

this type of humor / sarcasm needs to be used more and more as a tool.
it seem many people are to be falsely imprisoned over speaking out but
this type of speaking out is a bit safer for many and way better than doing nothing at all.

light bulb, thinking caps on!

ps this is not hate speech

peace

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

your 3 year old deciding the grocery list?

Surprisingly enough when I baby sat other people's children so I could stay home with my own and still bring in money, every Friday afternoon, we would all sit down (the kids and I) and decide what our menu for next week would be.

I explained about healthy eating vs not healthy eating and astonishingly enough the kids all came up with very good meal choices plus I never had any trouble with them eating their meals (healthy ones) because they felt a sense of pride in being allowed to choose.

We also made bread (whole wheat) on Thursdays and by the time my preschoolers left me for Kindergarten they could all write their own names, knew their A-B-C's and were beginning to grasp phonetics.

Three of "my kids" still keep in touch and I've attended two weddings of my part time kids.

Children, if respected and given the facts often times will make wiser choices than you think and if you allow them to have some say, within reason, they are more cooperative.

All too often parents or care takers just command children, not explaining why they are suppose to do what is being asked of them.

God, all my kids are now approaching middle age, three with kids of their own..................time flies.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumCypher

They left something out of the article. Common Sense was actually one of a set of triplets, his brothers being Common Courtesy and Common Decency. Common Sense went through a rough time many years ago when his siblings suddenly went missing. Foul play was suspected, and his step-brothers were investigated, but unfortunately there was an incredible lack of evidence, as no one had seen or heard from either in years. He never quite recovered.

[Side note: Several months ago I started writing a song, basically about how everyone today wants to be specail, so much so that no one wants to be common, and that we'd lost our common sense, common courtesy, and common decency. My cousin told me it could only come out as a country song, so I dropped it.]

You, my friend, are bloody brilliant.

And you should definitely take that song back up, it would be one of the few country songs that I actually enjoy, speakless of tolerate.

Star for you

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
No, common sense is not dead, he just changed genders. She has been in the witness protection program for quite some time now... But I happen to see her quite frequently. I can't tell you her new name, because she is now uncommon and hard to recognize.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Original Thread Here

Closing Duplicate

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join