Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

An Obituary printed in the London Times.....Absolutely brilliant !!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Thank you.

My favorite picture he did was Lady Shalott

Sometimes I feel adrift, all alone misplace, wandering, not knowing what is coming next.

I also love Wind Flowers

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Common sense - lost - murdered - held for ransom somewhere and still waiting for the note - I agree that common sense is no more.

My first thought was maybe that is a reason for an occupy situation. Instead of Occupy Wall Street and all the other sites targeting the powers that be and the financial state of society...sit in and demand the return of Common Sense. Demand that Common Sense be reinstalled - brought back to life - reanimated - and located everywhere!

Just a thought.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

We all need laughter and that was a good one.

And I love your avatar of Fry...............(I rarely watch TV but secretly I do watch Futurama).

edit on 8-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by didirock

You are absolutely correct. About three post down from yours is the correct author with the original article.

Now days you can't trust any information, you have to go over everything with a fine tooth comb.

Lori Borgman is the author. Her site has a lot of good articles.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

A great Obituary indeed. Today I received an Obit for Jobs and thought I would pass it along, if I knew who came up with it i would surely give them loads of credit

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
R.I.P. common seance, some of us knew he was dead but when we told others they just ignored us.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Thanks! I wanted to send it to some friends and family but I didn't want to give them an ATS link. Not that there's anything wrong with ATS.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

sums it up pretty well
S&F

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
may common sense be at peace, at least it is with it's friends now, fairness and equality, and freedom is in poor health and could be joining them soon.

get well soon freedom.
edit on 8-12-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumCypher

[Side note: Several months ago I started writing a song, basically about how everyone today wants to be specail, so much so that no one wants to be common, and that we'd lost our common sense, common courtesy, and common decency. My cousin told me it could only come out as a country song, so I dropped it.]

Lol.

...now to add more to this thread. I love it,

Its a shame how common sense can really aid in how to read and comprehend others, TOTALLY not trying judge anyone either by any means; its feel that it really is a sense in which can help you understand and achieve a view on an opinion that differs. Something so subconsciously subtle gets taken for granted, and striped from our well being.

I came across a news article today www.bbc.co.uk...

Incinerated partial remains of at least 274 troops were reportedly dumped at landfill between 2004-08 by the largest military mortuary in the US.

Extremely disgusted. I really didn't know Levels of low existed quite so deep.

edit on 8-12-2011 by siriushours because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by siriushours

Incinerated partial remains of at least 274 troops were reportedly dumped at landfill between 2004-08 by the largest military mortuary in the US.

Now, here is a quote I've posted on ATS about a dozen times, Henry Kissinger is a (nasty piece of work) a man that has held high offices for decades and the quote below shows you how his mind works.

For you young ones thinking of enlisting, this is what many of the elite think of you........you are their living pawns in their chest game.

"Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy." - Henry Kissinger, quoted in "Kiss the Boys Goodbye: How the United States Betrayed Its Own POW's in Vietnam"

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I love this. It's perfect. I love it. It's true and funny. Whoever thought this up is a genius!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

All credit for the original piece goes to Lori Borgman and her site is loriborgman.com ...............she has a lot of good articles there.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Thanks for the correction. I read it years ago in a tombstone shaped paperback book with a lot of other amusing headstone captions.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
wow, that was really to the core.
I don't know too much about other countries, but america has definitely lost it's common sense.
It was obvious with the hot coffee McDonalds lawsuit years ago.
It's sad that whatever you buy now has totally ridiculous warning labels on it, good old common sense is definitely gone for alot of people.
RIP common sense, please stay in spirit with most of us....

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Freaking Brilliant ! I say!! ofhumandescent

Cheer's to you!! a Virtual Beer!

guinness ad

Thanks for the Obituary of Common Sense
edit on 8-12-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Maybe they should've actually looked up the details of this story...nah, I forgot common sense is dead.
(For the lazy and ignorant(no offense), the McDonalds served the coffee at an absurd temperature, and it wasn't labeled that it was hot. A normal cup of coffee will hurt if spilled on your lap...what happened to the lady was much much worse, she was permanently injured)

But really, if they misconstrued that story, how many of the other stories did they twist to fit their agenda?

do schools really need permission to let schools use sunscreen or take aspirin? Probably, not; and definitely not 10 years ago. But even if they do, those two things could be considered medicine...schools should need permission to medicate students? or do you want schools to be medicating your children?
A school being required to notify parents of a pregnancy, and the student wanting an abortion is completely different....The school isn't performing the abortion.

This is such a biased article, and the stories are miscontrued beyond belief.

You know common sense is dead when people believe "stories" like this.
edit on 8-12-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay

It was obvious with the hot coffee McDonalds lawsuit years ago.

And you obviously don't know the details of that lawsuit...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarpenterMatt
The problem with common sense is it's not that common.

Um..yes it is..that's why it's called common sense, and not seldom sense.
You can tell a conspiracy theorist because he acts like his bile movement doesn't stink
edit on 9-12-2011 by rationalistswagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tagasbob
I don't mean to # on the parade but...

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

The "reliable strategies" here I have a problem with. Old men have led us to war countless times over the last century, while the youth largely protest, and it hasn't changed one bit. It's still that way. I don't think the youth can be blamed for today's troubles.
edit on 8-12-2011 by tagasbob because: (no reason given)

There's no conscription for the military adventures the 'old men' decide they will lead us into nowadays. Without the youth willingly fight their battles for the 'old men' none of their wars could happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def