It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National guard unit refuses to answer questionaire about using lethal force on Americans Updated

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
one good readon to publish stories like the OP that might not be true is to discredit the ones that are true
we have seen that tactic before....

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
My only question on this would be, why was this soldier put in the county jail instead of the base brig? This was a military matter not a civilian one.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
And this my friends is the only reason I still have some pride in my country as a whole.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

He was probably given an Article 15 for disobeying a direct order.

2nd Line.

3rd line.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This isn't the first time a question like this was asked of our military. Google "29 Palms Survey".

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This type of thing always makes me wonder why people still support the two party system. Do you really think that being a democrat or republican will make you exempt from this sort of thing?

But yes, it is good to know that some people will do what is right, but make no mistake, there are thousands that won't hesitate in following an unlawful order.

Originally posted by MrSpad
If any of you really buy any of this I have a bridge to sell you.

bridge over the river kwai?
edit on 8-12-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If any of you really buy any of this I have a bridge to sell you.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You couldn't answer no....

If you think they could just answer no, then you don't understand the purpose of the questionaire.

The purpose of such a questionaire is for troop knowledge and assignment.

They will not assign troops who answer NO to any units that they will ask to do so. That would lead to refusal of the unlawful orders.

They will only assign troops who answered yes.

The only way to prevent action from actually being taken is to make sure that they don't KNOW who would and who wouldn't.

Which means only if they refuse to answer the questionaire.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i have heard of this question be asked numerous times....
i believe its very real... any recent US armed services individuals care to comment?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
yeah i think people got destracted by the headline. It would be similar to
"My boss asked me to work 3 extra hours at regular pay when it should be overtime, right there and then i pulled down my pants, defecated in my hand and started smearing it on the wall and my boss Can you believe i got fired JUST for not answering his question?"

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FonsoHarman

I know for a fact that they are having troops practice, gun confiscation drills.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
This has odd timing. I mean, feels like a hoax. Do we have a copy of this questionaire? I dont get why they need a questionaire. To me the questionaire is the order you give. Im not gonna say its a fake story, but it certainly "feels" too movie like.. We rarely have heros.. So a whole platoon?

the gov is looking for statistics, numbers, data, who will kill one of their own, and who will not. guarantee that those who stated they would not have been put on a special list something like this www.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

It's probably so they can get an idea who will play along and who won't and then start transferring or something the ones who won't follow that order. Horrible what it seems they are even contemplating.

I actually was contacted by a National Guard recruiter about my eldest and was told they have training for their people. The training included getting stunned by a stun gun and getting pepper spray in the face. Why would they have to do that? And, apparently, there is a HUGE influx of people into the Military Police, especially women. Another bit of interesting information.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Some people here said that the servicemen would protect Americans. Well, that's what the police are supposed to do too.

Events in the last month or so have been promoting *the idea* (very important distinction here) that the people are not protected by the police. Quite the opposite. Now, this leads to false beliefs about the general police force. It's a lapse in logic...you know, the judgement of a whole on the part of the actions of a few. It happens both ways, but when news is put out like this, people will have these ideas however faulty they were arrived at.

So, it's a problem because if people begin to see police as like the few "gone wild" ones, then suddenly people will change their opinion of *all* police. If that somehow gets portrayed in the news, then the *police* will catch drift and...you see where this is going.

I really feel these news reports are steering people in the wrong direction. Without them, I see a problem. But with them, I see more of a problem. People must feel it is safe to stand up and rise up to be heard and seen. With things like this floating around, people will be more likely not to go out and protest (in acceptable fashion). And, that would be exactly the kind of effect the boys in DC would have to make them smile.

So, what are we to do? I already believe that most people here are not out protesting, so in a way, the effect is minimal. But, should the time come that you might get out, what you read here combined with the negative reaction of the forum group, I would say this would push most people not to go out.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is the kind of # that scares me about going into the military... if the shtf soon im not sure thats the place i want to be... thanks for sharing this bit of information op

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed

One of the men stepped forward and refused to take the poll and explained that it was a moral judgement on his part and that he could not do so. He then placed his weapon on the ground and fell in behind the formation.

Does nobody remember the LA riots? Sometimes you have to "fire on Americans" to protect the majority.

you do realise the la riots were caused by an act of police brutality so graphic that the majority said wow maybe black people are telling the truth and the system does violate an americans constitutional rights.before you respond try and remember no gestapo police tactics and system coverup and no riot.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen3273676

Oh yeah, burning down and destroying black neighborhoods while looting really makes a positive statement about "rights". Exactly what part of destroying and taking stuff that is not yours makes a statement about "rights:?
You are right the national guard should have let them destroy their own neighborhood completely. Oh wait that is racist...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatoid

Go read the oath you will take, and make your decision then. That oath is your first and foremost order, no other order you will ever be given can ever supersede the oath.
edit on 8-12-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The police and military are made up of our brothers, uncles, cousins, etc, etc. I deal with many of them and the majority are not going to intern Americans and kill them or confiscate arms. Some will, but even they will see it is a losing battle. There have been surveys given to units in Iraq, and others. Many refused to answer them, others just said no, they won't do it. And the military and police have a hard enough time trying to hold a 3rd world city or area. They are not going to be able to handle the US. Especially considering there are lots of war veterans from numerous wars in this country. It will turn quick and there will be a military overthrow of DC if they try this. The troops are not stupid nor are their commanders.

But the one thing about a police state and the camps, and firing on citizens that you have to consider.
Right now they are worried about uprisings from radicals in cities, etc that are disrupting regular people that are still working, going to school, etc. The majority of citizens are carrying on with their lives. There are over 300 million people in this country. Their camps may handle 10 or 20 million all together. However, if there is a total economic collapse and martial law is declared, they are doing it to try and keep the lid on the country to try and save it from all out war.

There comes the tipping point however when society breaks down and a majority of Americans take up arms to save their country from the insane ones that think they can just mow down our people. At that point, the military,. police, etc will not be putting their lives on the line because the government leaders turned into psycopaths and want to kill or imprison the multitudes. They will fight with the citizens and stabilize our country. All we need to do is go into DC and clear that town out of those who back this insane agenda. Next, the UN can find someplace else to play thier games.

And finally we will set up a new government for the people, by the people, under constittional law! Not admiralty law, or Commercial Code. And we will rebuild America back to what it was meant to be.

One consideration about these surveys is you have to consider the viiew coming from those asking the questions. We have a huge nuclear arsenal, nuclear power plants, etc. They may be concerned after the Occupy protests and even grander threats of going to DC and what if they become crazed and armed and start attacking critical infrastructure to destroy it. That would make our business and production drop like a rock. They may be asking if you will shoot an American in defense of critical installations. Not just running around killing citizens for general purposes. But, it is something that will be determined pretty quick what the plan is and God help them if they think they are going to just kill and/or imprison Americans en masse. Our economy would collapse pretty quick if that happened. There are a hell of a lot more of us than the military and police together. We have over 300 million citizens and damn near that many arms. The elite are very few and most I see are big babys when they are having a gun jammed down their throat. How many active duty soldiers and police are there? 2-4 million. Not good odds and they are more aware of the numbers than you think.

I say the gov is in for one hell of a surprise if they even think about trying it.

edit on 8/12/11 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I want to thank the military (like this) that make it possible for me to vent my views regarding some of the world conspiracies that are very real and allow me to express my anger at the powers that be with words.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join