It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National guard unit refuses to answer questionaire about using lethal force on Americans Updated

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ajkesh

It's not about loyalty to a "LANDMASS" as you say, but loyalty to a people...the American people. You obviously know nothing about patriotism, or loyalty. As same as a church is not the building, but the people in it.
America is not just the landmass, but the people in it. Some people will just never get that.
Not trying to rag on you, just want you to understand.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The short story......

Everyone should know by now that there are MANY MORE armed Citizen's that there Standing Military, I think it's about 80:1 or 80:2 (conservatively) The majority of the Military would NEVER bear arms against the American People. Those remaining personnel would be committing Suicide if they took up arms against the rest of us and I'm sure that they know it. The Field Grade Officers KNOW they will be the first to go if they demand bearing arms against their own people and that's why the backlash against the Enlisted Men and NCOs....

Where did this occure?......Follow up please

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Know we know why Blackwater and other PMCs were formed. They will shoot anyone for a paycheck as will UN troops.
It's not our guys we need to worry about, it's these slime that will do anything for money that are our potential enemies.
Good to hear how that unit reacted.
They made me proud.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have to respect the actions of the unit, what they did, to go against orders because it went against what they deemed to be reasonable, it takes courage and a strong will. I think what we need to do is take a lesson however from where things are going.

Although some have said that the military will not turn on the people, anyone who has looked into the Milgram experiment will know that orders from someone who is seen as an authority can have a huge influence. One can feel as if his actions are no longer his and that he is no longer 'reponsible' as he is simply following orders. Look at the actions of the police in the occupy protests, they are all Americans but it didn't stop them from taking action against their 'own kind' when the orders came in. Just like the police the military has a pyramidical heirarchy where orders come from the top, from those deemed as an authority. Couple this with a strong military culture and you have a degree of seperation from the average person that will make many do things that we would deem as impossible.

I agree however that it will most likely be UN forces or another entity that has little sympathy for American people that will come in when things hit the fan. The time to act however is now, how many more signs will we wait for, it is clear that the coporate establishment, bankers and the government do not care for the average American citizen. We need to be prepared and have the will to act...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Just wanted to add a quote from Milgram...

"Ordinary people, simply doing their jobs, and without any particular hostility on their part, can become agents in a terrible destructive process. Moreover, even when the destructive effects of their work become patently clear, and they are asked to carry out actions incompatible with fundamental standards of morality, relatively few people have the resources needed to resist authority."

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Update

UPDATE Dec. 8:

Paul Lowe

I just left both people involved with the incident that took place in the last few days. The soldiers do not want to pursue this matter any further, in any way shape or form. I was advised that the situation is being dealt with inhouse and there will be internal investigations into the conduct of certain ‘officers’ who started the poll and ordered certain persons held. The person allegedly being held was only there for a couple of hours. No punishment will be handed down to any of the soldiers involved. I cannot give any further information as to names dates reasons units or places. This is in respect to my friends here. If this upsets anyone I am sorry but this is the way the soldiers want it. You have my deepest apology and I truly wish I had never spoken about any of this with my friends here on or FB. I will be posting no more information of this type due to the repercussions which could come from this.
oathkeepers.org... -use-force-against-the-american-people/

edit on 12-12-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
The vast majority of military personnel will NOT fire on U.S. citizens. You people really need to quit worrying about U.S. military personnel doing this. It will be Obama's buddies at the U.N. that will start the killing of Americans. The majority of military, military veterans, and law enforcement will NOT let that happen without a fight. We are well armed, and we won't let the blue helmets walk around without fearing for their own lives. Guerrilla tactics in the U.S. will be very bloody for any invading forces.

BUT law enforcement is displaying daily that they ARE willing to move to violence against citizens, and they are increasingly militarized...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I'm not buying this story at all.

A National Guard CO does not have the authority to put a soldier in a civilian jail over something like this.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by burntheships

I'm not buying this story at all.

A National Guard CO does not have the authority to put a soldier in a civilian jail over something like this.

Maybe, but they also don't have the legal right to do a lot of other things, but they do.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This was a test to see if they can enact martial law yet.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I agree, this is epic and shows there is still hope and determination for American citizens to change their path to destruction.

But I worry, and I will tell you why:
1) Brainwashing: Through media, games, entertainment and so on. depicted the Muslims as a threat. That people should be vary of them. What if some the soldiers do believe that and aim for them?

2) Apathy: Yes there will be murderous and traitorous people in the military who would not care about morals and if given hopes for rewards (easy life, promotion) I think some of them would comply with their orders.

3) Sleeping agents.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Oathkeepers are just pushing propaganda.

Heres the story about the cannery raid.
www.thesurvivalistblog.net...

And now you have this story and when you scratch the surface it falls apart. I guess you guys should have noticed like I did in my earlier post. Its a story from Paul Lowe a life coach.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems there has been a number of arrest of Oathkeepers.
[url]http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2011/10/25/oath-keeper-convicted-on-weapons-charge-tried-to-make-citizens-arrest/#more-8060

edit on 13-12-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

youtu.be...

Accorder to this coasttocoast caller. The U.S Goverment are new rules of enlistment: Re-enlistment Rules To Fire Upon U.S Citizens!!!! they are also stock piling bullet proof vests in warehouses for some reason.
edit on 13-12-2011 by chrisg133 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think ultimately it doesn't matter if this particular story is true. I think what's important here is to at least entertain the idea that it's possible. Could the fed decide to declare martial law? I believe the answer is yes. Why wouldn't they test the waters a little with a seemingly innocent survey of it's troops? If faced with a nationwide economic shutdown, looting, panic and chaos would soon follow. The gubberment has quietly given themselves the authority to not only declare martial law for the "good of the people" but also to "sacrifice a few for the good of many". Just because it's abhorrent to think it could happen, doesn't mean it can't happen. I think as a nation we've gotten FAR too complacent with our leadership. It doesn't even take an army of UN moving in, all it would take would be to control food. Starving people can't fight, starving people have endless amounts of gratitude for anybody handing them a loaf of bread, will pledge their allegiance accordingly, and will happily do what their leaders tell them to do. Controlling or eliminating medicine, and/or healthcare is another thing that would easily bring this nation to it's knees. Think about it. Diabetics, heart disease...the list goes on and on. We are a nation of sick people who like to eat.

I truly hope that none of this comes to pass, but for myself I will continue to entertain the idea that it COULD in the hopes that if it does I will not be taken off guard.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisg133
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

youtu.be...

Accorder to this coasttocoast caller. The U.S Goverment are new rules of enlistment: Re-enlistment Rules To Fire Upon U.S Citizens!!!! they are also stock piling bullet proof vests in warehouses for some reason.
edit on 13-12-2011 by chrisg133 because: (no reason given)

Total nonsense.

Just to be clear, and provide a second line, total nonsense.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I would like someone to give me a scenario where the military might be called, to be put in a position to have to make this choice. (Martial Law??)
"protect" be it "foreign or domestic".
If your peaceful minded you would'nt be at the front of a mob of violent do-badders, perhaps some of them armed,
(hidden of course) and they had already overrun a police line,with officers down.
These theoretical "would you, should you, could you" questions are just verbal diarreha.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
THE U.S. MILITARY WILL NOT FIRE ON ITS CITIZENS AS EACH SOLDIER KNOWS THAT IF IT WERE TO HAPPEN, THAT AS HE WAS KILLING MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN THAT SOME OTHER SOLDIER WHO DOESNT KNOW HIM OR HIS FAMILY WILL BE KILLING HIS WIFE CHILDREN AND PARENTS...

GIVE THEM SOME CREDIT..EH...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
At least somone had the guts to stand up for and defend these united states. I dont see that happening very much in the future.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by antinwoagenda
At least somone had the guts to stand up for and defend these united states. I dont see that happening very much in the future.

Nobody stood up for anything, it was fiction.

Propaganda to be more accurate. Both sides are using it.

The fact that I'm calling it propaganda in no way means I support the destruction of our rights, just tired of being lied too.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elsha
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Anyways yes there are plans to police the U.S. citizens and it will involve foreigh troops....one of them most assuredly being the French

I do agree that they would need UN troops if they even wanted to have a shot at this but they best they could do is perhaps control a few large cities. I don't care what kind of troops they employ, they don't have the manpower to secure the vast majority of the US.

On a personal note, other than the French Foreign Legion which is primarily a merc unit anyway and likely have few frenchmen in their ranks... does France even have a real military? The French are going to come confiscate my weapons and food? That's funny.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join