It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was drone downed in Iran a Trojan horse?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Link to story...

They say:

On Monday, U.S. military officials said that they were concerned that a stealthy surveillance drone that crashed in Iran could give Tehran the opportunity to glean information about the classified program.

But could the drone be a trap? Loaded with computer virii that could set Iran back for years? Maybe biological agents?
edit on 12/8/11 by AnonymousCitizen because: typo

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

lololololololo....that idea sounds like a desperate excuse^^

but - possible...maybe its a hidden gps system to track their "area 51"
edit on 8-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This whole drone thing makes me wonder. One would think if the drone is that sophisticated then one would think the thing could blow itself up. I find it odd that Iran is saying they captured this- didn't they say that same thing a few years ago? I heard yesterday that we are thinking of sending a team in to destroy it. Are we really going to invade Iran? This whole thing stinks. It stinks big time and we are not getting the whole story. Maybe the Mod is correct and it is a big virus or maybe... Have we ever given Israel a drone? We seem to give them all sorts of weapons- why not a drone. Who knows bottom line, this stinks.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

SSHHHHhhhhhh....

You weren't supposed to tell!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Biological weapon maybe but computer virus seems far fetched unless they plan on parking it inside a nuclear reactor. A bio weapon would not do significant damage since it wont be on civilian ground, it would have to of fallen on a city for major damage which it didnt.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
one would think the thing could blow itself up.

Yes, exactly. They HAD to plan for such a contingency. I would be surprised if it didn't have a fail-safe measure where if it loses contact for a certain amount of time it would self-destruct.

I like the GPS tracking device idea too. Maybe we are still controlling it and when they bring it back to their "area 51" it goes BOOOM.
edit on 12/8/11 by AnonymousCitizen because: typo

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Another theory I have is that perhaps the CIA just wiped the drone clean, stripped it of anything truly sensitive and flew it straight into Iran and landed it in the desert somewhere. Handing to them on a silver platter so to speak.

What better way to guarantee an increase defense spending and your black ops budgets? With Iran 'on the verge of building a nuclear weapon' and in possession of our secret Stealth technology, we are really going to have to step up our efforts to keep the world safe.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I am of the "Trojan Horse" theory. TOO much invested in this equipment for it to just... fall out fo the sky. What if the craft is radioactive isotopes? What if it has a hidden EMP device? I doubt biological but everything else? What if the darn thing isnt already listening to them and gathering information while sitting idley IN Iranian hands? Nothing suprises me anymore and this would fall in line with modern warfare... in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I dont think that it is likly that the Iranian military will plug the drone into some all encompassing computer database that contains vital software and information. But interesting idea, that it is some kind of ploy to delivery some kind of payload.

But more likely, a pilot lost control of the drone and it ended up in Iranian hands.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Decently thought out theory however without some kind of evidence I'm more inclined to agree with MDDoxs' explanation. Now if we see anything about disease or computer virii ravaging them within the next, maybe month or so, then I'd believe this idea.

The GPS tracking would be a great idea to try and get an idea where the center of operations may be but I assume they would use some kind of magnetic shielding when transporting it. I don't know what kind of tech Iran has but I doubt they would seriously be stupid enough to fall for such a simple trap.

Considering that GPS systems use radio wave frequencies to communicate with satellites I would assume they would see right through the ploy seeing that you can buy radio wave frequency detectors off the internet for less than $50. It's extremely affordable technology so why wouldn't they do a quick scan of the item before moving it to a secure location they want to remain hidden?

All very good theories but as of now that's sadly all they are. I think we just dun goofed.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I saw some intelligence analyst on TV saying that the alleged downed drone would be years behind our actual capabilities. Between that guy and now this theory, I'm kind of amused at all of the deflection stories floating about regarding this drone.

I think if any of those theories were actually true, we wouldn't hear a thing about it. Someone in DC must really be freaking out.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Maybe it is spying as we speak.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
They are definitely tracking the drone's movements by satellite, and probably by GPS. My guess is Russia or China helped them electronically interfere and hack it down.

However, this drone hardly looks like it is made of a stealth composite compared to our other aircrafts, B-2 and the stealth helio lost on the Bin Laden raid. It may utilize stealth technologies such as hiding the heat exhaust from the engines, and reflect radar by its shape though.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

How about the US let the drone be captured on purpose, so Iran and China can reverse engineer it? So when they try to fly one in our airspace we can cry bloody murder? And we can FINALLY start bombing China!

Yeah, baby!

That way we don't have to pay them any money back.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neuronetic
The GPS tracking would be a great idea to try and get an idea where the center of operations may be but I assume they would use some kind of magnetic shielding when transporting it.

That's where it gets interesting. Magnetic shielding isn't even necessary, a simple metal screen will do. But if (and it's a big if) this is indeed a Trojan moment, the designers could have been more cunning than just rely on GPS transmitter and pray. Ultrasound can be very difficult to screen out. Imagine there is a second drone up in the sky now, listening to an ultrasound signal. And there are other possibilities. Imagine circuits with back doors, even though they look completely legit. Iranians copy these to the T... Then when a need arises, we have a degree of control over their aircraft. Or, a simple diversion of their resources to reverse-engineer the craft could be the purpose. It could be a craft with only superficial resemblance to the real thing. Now, you watch which university professors and industry engineers are summoned by the Iranian govt to conduct the study... Such information is not trivial.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I saw some intelligence analyst on TV saying that the alleged downed drone would be years behind our actual capabilities. Between that guy and now this theory, I'm kind of amused at all of the deflection stories floating about regarding this drone.

I think if any of those theories were actually true, we wouldn't hear a thing about it. Someone in DC must really be freaking out.

I don't buy that load of bs for a minute. You're telling me that the CIA is flying old, useless, low tech gear over the most worrisome hot spot for our government at the current time? It's a better bet that we have our best stuff up there checking them out & now have to scramble to make it look like it's no big deal.

It's a huge deal since our military has put a lot of their future plans behind unmanned aircraft & now someone seemingly has shown that these aircraft have a giant vulnerability. But yeah, nothing to see here, it's just some old hunk of junk flying around with a Polaroid snapping blurry pictures.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'll bet its some kind of transformer. No, serious folks it is what it is. A stealth drone, plain and simple. It will soon be in China for examination and evaluation. They will learn a great deal about our photographic intelegence capabilities. Command and control systems capabilities. And alot about stealth materials and configurations. Then they will first develope countermeasures against drone aircraft. They will then duplicate the craft. This may take 5 years. Nothing to worry about they will be our masters way before then.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Since it was shot down, shouldn't it have holes in it?

So does it?

Because if it just glided down to a near perfect landing, that's a big red flag to me.

Have you ever been involved in a news story? Either directly or indirectly with much inside knowledge?
Assuming you have, ever notice how the media reports so little of the story, it's almost a lie?

What ever each side is telling about this drone (both the US and Iran), both sides are lying.

So then, what would be the truth?

A fake drone made to look authentic? And it isn't really shot down?

Did Iran just take the bait and hook themselves?

Or did the US "fubar" this drone mission by both accident and incompetence combined?

Or even better, maybe both of the above.

It would make a great movie except that it's real life?
Or is it all pretend?

Is the US trying to provoke a war?

Lots of questions.
I have no answers.

Edit to add: news.yahoo.com...
See any holes?

Is Iran so stupid that they didn't think to punch some holes in it?
Granted, the Iranians damaging it on purpose when it's so well intact would be equally stupid.
Oh, what to do.

Regardless, I see no holes.

So despite all the technology, it didn't blow itself up. It just glided down to a safe landing.

I don't know what the truth is but it's not what either side is telling us.
edit on 12/8/2011 by Genfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I love how everyone assumes the US is still control. You're all very very wrong.

Iran just carried out one of the most audacious military exercises of it's kind in modern history. Brand new drone, only a handful of them produced to date, it was going to be the destructive mechanism of choice for those pentagrammers .. pentagonners ... them folks.

Now, several billion in R&D is down the tubes, and the US is suddenly without a distinct advantage on the battlefield. Bad place to be. Worth noting is that the US has admitted to flying these drones over Iran for over 4 years, and they have YET to find ANY evidence of anything. Take notes, there are no WMD in Iran.

Iran plays chess, America plays checkers.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
They say:

On Monday, U.S. military officials said that they were concerned that a stealthy surveillance drone that crashed in Iran could give Tehran the opportunity to glean information about the classified program.

If it contained something that they truly didn't want to fall into Iran's hands, why risk flying it over them? I would have just used satellites.

S&F for some great thinking! I bet it is a trojan horse of some kind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join