It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy in Iraq a joke...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
READ THIS

So it seems that the freedom fighters who are fighting for their country wont be allowed to vote in the elections this january? Does this sound very democratic to anyone? Basically exclude those who are against the occupation from being able to vote, thus ensuring a puppet gets elected.

This makes me sick!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
No, it's not like that. It's the crazies who, like their compatriots in Afghanistan,
will shoot and kill anybody trying to set up voter registration and elections.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
They're saying that they may allow the citizens of Fallujah to vote in other provinces but I don't know how well that would work.

Are those hundreds of thousands of residents going to travel miles out of that area?
Will someone provide transportation to them to get them to the polling booths?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Democracy in the middle east is a joke...

It's like forcing a crowd who's lactose intolerant to eat cheese and wash it down with milk....

They are used to monarchal societies, supported by theocracy, and you don't change that mindset over night...

People in the West often can't understand their mindset... Don't they WANT Democracy? The simple answer is NO. While they don't want their family taken away in the dead of night, or people decapitated on the street, they also don't want to participate in government.... This is simply the way things have been for thousands of years there....

We would have been better off placing a monarchy in place that could be legitimized, than to even attempt democracy there... I give it a couple years before another warlord comes to power and gets "elected"....

Just another example of the inane leadership of the current administration....

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I guess they have to exclude all iraqies then, they are all against the occupation for all i know. Beside those bastered will make sure a puppet gets elected. . . Though they did make sure some miserable puppet gets in charged before going . .bomb . .bomb on iraqies . . didnt he already ban aljazeera station from covering the situation there.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by fanoose]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
READ THIS

So it seems that the freedom fighters who are fighting for their country wont be allowed to vote in the elections this january? Does this sound very democratic to anyone? Basically exclude those who are against the occupation from being able to vote, thus ensuring a puppet gets elected.

This makes me sick!

How are they supposed to vote when they shoot anyone who supports the new government?

top topics

join