It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran displays captured US drone

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This, for sure, is a serious embarrassment for the United States. It wouldn't have looked a fourth this bad if the plane had literally been shot down... but to have electronically taken control of it--and landed it--in one piece? Iran did this--a country that is thought to be in the technological Stone Age in comparison with America. Uncle Sam will be blushing in embarrassment for quite some time over this one.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If you have equipment in another nation without their permission, it is generally, finders keepers.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

Check the details, and brush off the exaggerated claims:

...but to have electronically taken control of it--and landed it--in one piece?

Highly, highly unlikely. Search online to see the sort of equipment needed to remotely pilot one of those things. I've seen set-ups where it requires two operators simultaneously.

Iran did this--a country that is thought to be in the technological Stone Age in comparison with America.

Remember, before the fall of the Shah, the USA was selling relatively sophisticated fighters to Iran. Of course, even then, the most classified electronics and avionics wouldn't have been included....and, all of that is very old technology now anyways.

But, they aren't simple "goat herders".

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I was curious to see what Debka had reported. They're claiming cyber attack.

Apparently, these do have self destruct mechanisms?

Like every clandestine weapons system, the RQ-170 had a self-destruct mechanism to prevent its secrets spilling out to the enemy in the event of a crash or capture. This did not happen. Tehran was able to claim the spy drone was only slightly damaged when they downed it.
The NATO spokesman claimed control was lost of the US UAV and it went missing, a common occurrence for these unmanned aircraft.
The enigmas surrounding its capture continue to pile up. How did Iran know the drone had entered its airspace? How was it caused to land? Most of all, why did the craft's self-destruct mechanism which is programmed to activate automatically fail to work? And if it malfunctioned, why was it not activated by remote control?
Debka

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
I was curious to see what Debka had reported. They're claiming cyber attack.

Apparently, these do have self destruct mechanisms?

Like every clandestine weapons system, the RQ-170 had a self-destruct mechanism to prevent its secrets spilling out to the enemy in the event of a crash or capture. This did not happen. Tehran was able to claim the spy drone was only slightly damaged when they downed it.
The NATO spokesman claimed control was lost of the US UAV and it went missing, a common occurrence for these unmanned aircraft.
The enigmas surrounding its capture continue to pile up. How did Iran know the drone had entered its airspace? How was it caused to land? Most of all, why did the craft's self-destruct mechanism which is programmed to activate automatically fail to work? And if it malfunctioned, why was it not activated by remote control?
Debka

Alright lets put some things in order here:

1. Iranian's detect a advanced stealth drone designed to avoid such instances
2. Iranian military electronics experts then start remotely attempting to gain access to a highly protected control system as we discussed
3. In the mean time qualified iranian drone pilots take seats in a replica control station similar to the one US pilots use to fly the drones
4. Iranian electronics expert break into the drones system and block ALL communication between the drone and US control center.
5.Transfer control to Iranian pilots.....who obviously have been flying these types of aircraft for years
6. Successfully fly the drone to an iranian air base.
7. Spend portion of military budget to turn it into a float and display it to the world....

Sounds almost believeable eh?
edit on 8-12-2011 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Highly unlikely? Are you blind? The proof is right there in the video, and even American sources validate that Iran has the plane.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

Debka is generally regarded as the propoganda medium of Israel.

However as mentioned earlier in the thread, self destruction (explosion) is out of question since it would be considered as an act of war (implied as a remote controlled missile). With respect to the internals, its only our guess as per inclusion of micro emp bursts to destroy the electronics and sensors?????

Would be interesting to see the outcome of this though.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Oh, I know Debka...which is why I was interested.

But how would an exploding drone and such a high altitude even be reported by Iran? An act of war? I guess the recent explosions in Iran could be an act of war too?

This is very strange indeed.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Pentagon Confirms Iran's Possible Capture Of Missing US Stealth Drone, Fears Reverse Engineering

A $6 million stealth drone went missing this weekend on the Afghanistan-Iranian border, officials in Washington confirmed. Iran claimed to have shot down a drone Saturday.

www.huliq.com...

[snip]

edit on 8-12-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Heh, remember when Clinton flew one of communications birds to China and said that it had to land there because it "collided with another plane" ..Haha, awesome stuff there from slick Willy J.

Yeah, it's hard to get the Chinese some decent milspec exports since it all has to be done under cover, while the American dummies don't see. I'm an American, just not a dummy, so I see clearly.

They got ballistics tech to China via straight up Congressional and Senate oversight. Cox Report explains all that, which was also under the Clintons I think. That's why Chandra Levy went bye bye, Gary Condit was gonna expose Chinagate and how we gave them missile tech.

Oh, finally, for all you "super smart" people on the thread, please note the fine Hollywodd film, "Blackhawk Down" and you will note that the whole mission is ruined from the very moment the humvees leave the base. It's blown by a child on the mountain with a simple 900 mhz telephone. He radios the head gang dude, who then has time to prepare our guys to be slaughtered. You frikking stupid to think the enemy is not able to pierce the veil. Buncha useful idiots around.

Well anyway, China has to have drones to control their huge nation, so there had to be some way to get them the top drone tech in plain sight. Somebody knows more than they are saying, but in the end, China and Russia get YET ANOTHER tech upgrade. That is the final result.

You may not know but the US has built up China and Russia, so why would this event be any different? Remember, in the book 1984, it is explained that the three nations who are at perpetual war, are all in fact, at war mainly with their own people. Hence, drones will be in the sky of all major nations, and that will be that.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Someone with inside knowledge of how the sentinel's operations work, someone with intimate knowledge of
The functions would have been necessary, in my honest assessment. Not to mention ... if we are talking
About hijacking one of these drones, we are talking about either overriding or hacking the satellites (and I
Really stress satellites)
because I believe some of these relevant spy
Satellites (Satellite constellation) can and do work in tandem, or as a group.

The wreckage of the Lockheed-Martin RQ-170 Sentinel stealth drone was largely intact after it was downed, the Fars news agency said.

“Iran’s army has downed an intruding RQ-170 American drone in eastern Iran,” Arabic-language al-Alam TV said, quoting an anonymous source.

“The spy drone, which has been downed with little damage, was seized by the armed forces,” the news network added.

The cyber warfare unit managed to take over controls of the drone and bring it down, a military official said, according to the TV.

An unnamed military official also told the Fars that Iran’s response “will not be limited to the country’s borders.”

Source (*bold & underline added by me)

edit on 8-12-2011 by ILikeStars because:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

I agree, if the video does indeed show a real captured drone, there is something a foot we can’t comprehend. When you eliminate the plausible you are left with the truth no matter how crazy is sounds. However, in this case we have not been able to disprove the simplest of situations. A mechanical failure resulted in a uncontrolled crashed landing which left the craft relatively undamaged. Perhaps that is why we don’t see the underneath.

Or perhaps another scenario is that the pilots attempted to recover from a uncontrolled decent due to some weather anomaly, or crazy enough maybe the iranians were telling the truth and actually shooting at the drone cause the drone to crash towards the ground and at the last minute the pilot was able to perform a belly landing. Without realizing the consequences of these actions ofcourse.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I would like to point out this is not a "Smart Drone". Im rather sure of it .. i think :/

I figured they had the whole other drone that i dont know is classified or not.

I have seen a Smart Drone , im sure a lot of US military has. Its about Twice that size and its a Triangle.

This one looks like a mass production recon vehicle instead of the specialzied UAVs.. Doesnt look like the one i saw at all.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
"U.S.: American Stealth Drone Shown on Iran TV Is a Fake"
ABCNews
edit on 8-12-2011 by ultrageek because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is the only Stealth Drone i know of with smart technology.

That other one looks cheap.

1.bp.blogspot.com...

Here is a picture of the one i saw while leaving some where far far far far away in another galaxy.

Guess it isnt classified.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
What is Iran's reason to fake it?

Both sides agree on what's happened. It's not like the US is saying Iran is lying...

So it is not normal for Iran to spout crazy propaganda? I would say they seem to do a dog and pony show every few months....I think the truth is we lost one and is most likely in their hands, but in many little pieces.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
reply to post by hp1229

Oh, I know Debka...which is why I was interested.

But how would an exploding drone and such a high altitude even be reported by Iran? An act of war? I guess the recent explosions in Iran could be an act of war too?

This is very strange indeed.

No No. I am referring to Debka's comments with respect to the failed self destruction system.

Lets wait until few more days. This is definitely interesting.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The military recieves orders from the WH, but the military itself runs the programs. We'd be nuts not to have drones over Iraq. When Gary Powers was shot down over USSR, did you think it was the right thing to do? Its the EXACT sam situation now... A cold war with Iran on a smaller scale.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join