It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran displays captured US drone

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What's China's intentions by buying this drone? I know the obvious answer, but wouldn't that offend our American leaders? Surely it's not appreciated.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
What's China's intentions by buying this drone? I know the obvious answer, but wouldn't that offend our American leaders? Surely it's not appreciated.

I would assume that China would want this drone as part of some public geopolitical show to entertain people like us.

Truth is, China already has some interesting stealth drone prospect and technology:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
Case in point, the estimated fly away cost of the RQ-170 is estimated to be around $6 million.

Contrasted with the estimated fly away cost of over $50 million for the strategically tasked MQ-9, I think some of the more imaginative folks commenting should start to see the RQ-170's role in the big picture.

That was the key factor for me. $6 million would rank it just ahead of a paper airplane in US military budget terms

While slightly embarrassing for the US, it's not going to worry them too much. Don't forget, they lost an F-117 stealth fighter over the former Yugoslavia over 12 years ago! That was a much bigger deal. It also tells you how far ahead of the world the US tech is when you think that airplane has been retired for over 3 years now

I also assume the Chinese/Russians got their hands on that F-117? Well, if all they got out of it was the ability to (indirectly, in this case...) shoot down an unmanned drone over a decade later, the US would probably consider that acceptable.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I think the drone flight might have been a test to please our masters in Israel and prove how hard we are trying to plunge oursleves into a war that will finally bankrupt us for good.

Originally posted by Daedal
I think that this was a test to see how far the drone could penetrate into Iranian airspace, and to test their capabilities and response.

Source

The US drone which Iran said it had brought down penetrated 250 kilometres (150 miles) inside the Islamic republic's air space, state television's website reported on Friday.

In a letter of protest to the United Nations, the government said "the American RQ-170 spy plane violated 250 kilometres inside Iranian airspace before confronting the reaction of Iran's armed forces," the website reported.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There is a bargain going on right now between Iran and China/Russia as to what would be the price for handing on the UAV secrets.

The RQ-170 was the first US drone of this type to enter Iranian skies. Its mission was specific.

Iran's success in determining the moment of the unmanned vehicle's entry and its success in transferring command of the drone's movements from US to Iranian control systems is an exceptional intelligence and technological feat in terms of modern electronic warfare.

Western intelligence watchers keeping track of the Russian and Chinese teams in Tehran have not discovered where the negotiations stand at this time or whether the Iranians have taken on both teams at once or are bargaining with each separately to raise the bidding.

Moscow sources disclose that the price set by Revolutionary Guards commander Gen. Ali Jaafari includes advanced nuclear and missile technology, especially systems using solid fuel, the last word on centrifuges for enriching uranium and the S-300PMU-1 air defense system, which Moscow has consistently refused to sell Tehran.

This is a major blow IMO, much more bigger than the f-117 stealth because that UAV is completely undamaged and has next gen sensors which the Russian would dream about having. It is by far the most advanced drone at the moment.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Ok, so let me get this straight.. They have the technology and capability to "hack" the drone and bring it down safely and intact, yet they plan to learn a great deal of technological information from the drone itself?
Obviously we're not getting the whole picture here..

"USE YA DOME"

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread but seeing this thread having more action wanted to share it here too.

Here are a few facts about hacking an unknown technology. When you are trying to hack into known technology (systems or environment or language say like Windows, Linux, IIS, Apache, ASP.NET, PHP etc.) you know how to interact with them. And you know how they react to the input and then try to take advantage of the assumptions or mistakes the developers made when coding those. Probably you have a copy of those to fiddle with and figure out the vulnerabilities, test the exploit a thousand times to make it work flawlessly and then try go out and hack the real thing.

Hacking a stealth drone plane which gets undetected by radar and flies over probably in about 3-5 seconds with signaling and communication unknown it would take a heck of a long time. First you have to seek out the drone since it's a stealth drone. Let's say that you figured that out. Then you have to somehow capture it's communications while it flies by and figure out the communication protocols (then crack the encryption most probably). Then you have to figure out a way to interact with it and make it accept your input. Being unable to test your theories and ideas you have to wait for it to fly around and then send your signals and watch for the results. You don't have much time and output to see the outcome of simple tests and understand if your "hack" attempt really worked or not. Let's say you were really lucky and really really smart and the guys who engineered the drone were really dumb (well, I believe that's possible from a security point of view since these devices are supposedly "secret tech" the designers might have leaned on "security through obscurity") you managed to find a way to run arbitrary commands on the drone remotely....

Do you really need to reverse-engineer the plane after this? You've effectively reverse-engineered the drone to figure out its stealth technology, its communication AND managed to find vulnerabilities in it. It would make sense to try to salvage it for data but beyond that you've effectively reverse-engineered the plane already. Reverse-engineering is important because trying to hack into unknown technology is called "black box" hacking and you don't know anything about it. You need to get information about it to get an edge. That's why you try to reverse it. If you've already found a way to hack it game is over anyways.

Long story short, I can't believe Iran actually hacked the drone but I also do believe that everything is possible in IT and the explanations are usually very simple once they are given to you by people who have figured it out I however hope that they actually did that because Stuxnet was really sinister and it would be nice to see the Iranians upping the game.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
Not many replies to my comment about actual conspiracy history i.e. The Cox Report and so forth.

[...]

Yeah. Anyway, exporting tech to China, is old news, as per The Cox Report and the disappearance of Chandra Levy. This is all on ATS, resting on the seabottom.

Anyway, as I said, in 1984, all three nations have their own citizens as the real enemy. So the idea that we need to "go to war" with the enemy, is silly. The war, is between each nation and its own population.

I've written about this on ATS before, PDF crapware, aurora hacks. It's like I'm talking to myself, but at least its an intelligent conversation,

articles.businessinsider.com...

New Evidence Suggests China's Hacking Into US Drones Using Adobe Reader And Internet Explorer
Robert Johnson
December 22, 2011

A rash of new clues surrounding the Sykipot computer virus having its way with the U.S. drone fleet suggests the malware originated in China, and explains how it has been used.

Mathew J. Schwartz of Information Week reports the virus appears to have been designed with the sole purpose of stealing UAV data using a "zero-day" vulnerability in Adobe Reader.

A zero-day attack is launched using a vulnerability unknown to a software's developer and shared among attackers who exploit the fault before a patch is put in place.

The virus was inserted into the military's network using infected PDF files and specifically targeted to look for information on the Boeing X-45 unmanned combat air system and the Boeing X-37 orbital vehicle.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Not so much about the drone (which has faded from the news) but since I'm saying this is all secret tech-export done by assheads, then this is relevant here:

www.bbc.co.uk...

21 December 2011

Finland 'finds Patriot missiles' on China-bound ship

[...]

'Quite unusual'

The MS Thor Liberty left port in Emden, northern Germany, on 13 December and docked two days later in Kotka, southern Finland, to pick up a cargo of anchor chains, said Finnish Customs spokesman Petri Lounatmaa.

It was bound for the Chinese port of Shanghai but there was no indication for whom the military cargo was destined.

Routine checks by Finland's traffic safety authority revealed a load of up to 160 tonnes of improperly packed nitroguanidine, a low-sensitivity explosive with a high detonation speed.

"Actually in our investigation at the moment, we have got the information that we found 69 Patriot missiles on the ship and around 160 tonnes of explosives," said Detective Superintendent Timo Virtanen from the Finnish National Bureau of Investigation.

Interior Minister Rasanen said she had not heard of a similar case.

"Of course, there are legal transports of weapons or defence material [through Finland] but in this case the cargo was marked as containing fireworks," she told Finnish media. "That is quite unusual."

The point is, China, the US and all major nations, intend to wage war against their own populations foremost.

Secondly they intend to dupe their citizens and sell these wars as "necessary" but as in the book 1984, their true objective, foremost, is war against their own populations.

Why would any US taxpayer obey the IRS when the tax dollars are and will be used to exterminate the US? It cannot be said that the IRS is or has ever been, an American organization. They are completely anti-American, and they use military stooges and military stooge-dollars, to arm the enemies of humanity, namely, Marxist/Jesuits like Stalin or his Korean pupil "Grandpa" Jong Il and the Chinese Marxists.

There has been a colossal failure to investigate secret tech exports to Marxist powers. This "losing" of a drone, and then Germany here trying to sneak Patriot systems into China, it's all designed to empower the Chinese Marxists to stay in power. We have many people at the top of the US who know this. But they seem to have been correct in having contempt for the common American. They were right to assume the common American would be a spineless wad of goo, in the face of all this horror and theft.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
this is my first post so people please take it easy on me.....we have all seen the video clip of the downed drone but from a propaganda point would it not have been in there interest to show if all the controls and circuitry intact seeing as all they showed was the frame my opinion is they have nothing...it would have been the icing on the cake if they had showed everything been inspected by there IT staff playing around with the control panel instead of an army officer with baseball hat pointing here and there

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Any money it was a plant to see where they take "very secret" military HW...

So they can add it to a place USrael wants to bomb.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well, this thing faded away eh?

As I said, it was simply designed to ensure each nation can observe their people with drones.

The only question is this: When will Americans capture one of the drones being used against them? And when they do capture it, and some Coast Guard tard says "Hey you Americans, we're the Coast Guard, give us our drone back!" will they get it back?

What if the Americans say "We are regular Americans and not Coast Guard drone-operating douchebags running drones over American neighborhood. Therefore, this drone belongs to us."

When will Americans succeed in capturing one of these All-Seeing-Eyes as the Iranians appear to have done? Sad that Iran stands up to the Terminator mythology more strongly than we do. Hell America is where the Terminator movies got made! We should at least be as brave as the Iranians shouldn't we?

Eh, if it's at 30k feet you can't see it anyway. Out of sight out of mind. Well I mean, assuming you have a mind that is. Anyway, I heard that inside the book 1984 there is a book within a book. Inside the world of 1984 the book is called "The Oligarchical Theory of Collectivism" which explains that nations actually wage soft war against their own citizens. Good book within a book. How many books have books inside them? Also, what would it take to have this book within a book, brought out? Well because if "The Oligarchical Theory of Collectivism" was published on its own, it'd look like a blueprint for our world.

I've said before that the occult method requires their own volitional sacrifice, so fictional tales like 1984 and Atlas Shrugged, are really blueprints, plans for the future. Kinda like how HG Wells wrote all those books and then the stuff he said would happen, (Hitler and all that) actually came true. Fiction as blueprint. I discussed this at length in the 'goverrments' thread on that other domain.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Any money it was a plant to see where they take "very secret" military HW...

So they can add it to a place USrael wants to bomb.

A star to you.

However, the Iranians a probably as smart as you are. The drone can be analyzed (maybe even with some very hi tech equipment) in a purpose built shack in the desert, with no apparent connection to other facilities. That's a no brainer.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The drone is not really that major of a technology loss. It was a matter of time before one got lost. Lockheed has a large amount of classified programs in the area of small UAVs such as the RQ-170, you can bet that they didn't send the cream of the crop.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

my first reply on the site, loss of any technology to assumed and known enemy of our allies is in fact a loss. I would think that the thermite melting may or may not of taken place, I would also assume that reverse engineering is much more profit minded than ground floor engineering for greatest outcome in tech theft. Maybe the thought that this craft was intentionally loaded with old technology and basically the true heart of it just a remote controlled craft. It would make my nights sleeping better knowing that this was just a joke played upon the Iranians. Maybe it has the brain of a xbox 360 flying it , and specifically old tech. Just a thought, got to keep the pot stirring, and I am happy knowing at least we are keeping our eyes on the enemies we have now, even if they shoot down and hack our best stuff, it is our stuff, and it's better than there stuff. why else shoot it down or hack it?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
As I explained, and as George Orwell explain in his book 1984 and specifically the book inside that book, the text of the "1984 Insurgency" inside the book. That text is called "The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism"

en.wikipedia.org...

The US annexed the British Empire, Australia, Canada, and all of South America to form Oceania; the USSR annexed continental Europe to form Eurasia; and Eastasia emerged "after a decade of confused fighting", with China’s annexation of the Indian sub-continent, Japan, Korea, et al. In various alliances, they have warred for twenty-five years. Yet the perpetual war is militarily nonsensical, because "it is a warfare of limited aims between combatants who are unable to destroy one another, have no material cause for fighting and are not divided by any genuine ideological difference", since each is a totalitarian state.[4]

The historical review describes how, in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, mechanised industrial production raised "the living standards of the average human being very greatly", and that it became "clear to all thinking people that the need for human drudgery, and therefore to a great extent for human inequality, had disappeared . . . hunger, overwork, dirt, illiteracy and disease could be eliminated within a few generations" — a threat to the Party’s perpetuity, because, ". . . if leisure and security were enjoyed by all alike, the great mass of human beings who are normally stupefied by poverty would learn to think for themselves", become politically conscious and so depose the ruling oligarchy; therefore, ". . . in the long run, a hierarchical society was only possible on a basis of poverty and ignorance". Given that large-scale, mechanised production could not be eliminated once invented, the Party arranges the destruction of surplus goods — before that makes "the masses too comfortable, and hence, in the long run, too intelligent". Hence the perpetual war

“is always so planned as to eat up any surplus that might exist after meeting the bare needs of the population . . . It is a deliberate policy to keep even the favoured groups somewhere near the brink of hardship, because a general state of scarcity increases the importance of small privileges and thus magnifies the distinction between one group and another."

And as I explained along the lines above, the event was simply designed to hide drone exports to China. Because both China and the US, as totalitarian states against their people, must have drone fleets to maintain their balance of domination on their own populaces.

Now that the US Congress has signed Skynet/Stalinist legislation which will put 30k drones into the sky over American heads, then I am proven right. But will it matter? Nope.

As mentioned, I advise local county and municipalities to purchase f4 Phantom drones which are very cheap, so that they can defend their cities from the Israeli/Fed drone fleet which will be here within 24 months or sooner. Also, these drones fly higher than you can see and they can read the numbers on your wristwatch. What makes you think you have any chance now? Seriously, go home and wait to die or start buying your own drones. Remember during WW2, Soviet villages were allowed to buy their own warplanes to fight the SS armies. Why shouldn't American communities at least be as free as Stalin's people were? Yes, it is a right of any community to buy an f4 phantom drone, and enable it to fight overhead, with the unwanted Federal drones. That's a basic right which should have been inserted into the Constitution.

I suggest a new COTUS amendment which allows every human the right to fight for the airspace above their head, and the ground under their feet. This might be termed the "drone amendment". I'd say you could pick up an f4 Phantom drone for what, 200k? So any American community could thereby field a warplane which would be able to fight and destroy a globalhawk or flying wing drone. I think each American community has a right to defend their airspace from the 30,000 qty Executive approved drone fleet of 2015. Let's see some overhead dogfights for freedom, let Iran deal with their own.

LINK [2012/02/congress-welcomes-drones-into-american.html] :

www.activistpost.com...

edit on 13-2-2012 by smallpeeps because: linky

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

And as I explained along the lines above, the event was simply designed to hide drone exports to China.

Wait, you are saying two things:

a) Orwell is an authoritative source in modern geopolitics.
b) Exposing the drones is a wicked way to hide them.

Erm, both propositions seem incredibly silly. And I'm being generous here.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

And as I explained along the lines above, the event was simply designed to hide drone exports to China.

I agree with those assertions.

a) Orwell, in my school anyways, is recognized as the visionary of dystopian, authoritan society. Not in the sense that he strives for it, but rather warns against it. It's noteworthy to add that Orwell got his ideas for "1984" from his experience in the Spanish civil war, which he describes in detail in "Homage to Catalonia".

B) This is exactly right. Sun Tzu advocated this specifically. Mao used this tactic when fighting the Chinese imperialist army by ordering his highly outnumber soldiers to repeatedly circle around a rock, which fooled Kai-Shek into believing that his own forces were outnumbered. Hell, even chefs know that presentation of food is just as important as the taste. Also, Straussian philosophy asserts that if you can defeat your opponent with an inferior argument of your true capabilities, then your opponent is inferior.

Get what I am saying?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Speaking on a strictly "Strategic" point of view...

Who the hell is running that monkey show over at Langley or the Pentagon? Stealth chopper parts left in Pakistan [Shared with China] Drone captured by Iran.

With people like this running the show who needs to worry about spies?

Oh Never mind...
I forgot who is occupying 1600 Pennsylvania ave presently.

You're a fool if you don't know that the President is a puppet. Pay attention. Proof is all around you, you have the entire internet at your disposal, there is no reason to remain ignorant of the truth.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

a) not at all, I am saying his book within a book explains a blueprint, which is being applied.
b) Well yes, because by showing that Iran "got one" then it will explain the coming Chinese version which looks just like it.

Have you read the Air Force paper "Alternate Futures for 2025: Security Planning to Avoid Surprise"? It was written by USAF Col and friends. They wrote it in 1996. Are you informed?

Well anyway I will assume not.

In this futurethink blueprint, whathaveyou, they surmise that eventually China will rip off the F22 and call it "The Harmony Fighter in 2011". They write, 15 years before it happened: "The military is stunned by the revealing of the Harmony Fighter" ...Which is funny because these guys are predicting that the USAF will be "stunned", in an essay which is designed to make sure that we don't get surprised (else what is the point of such a paper)

csat.au.af.mil...

And yet, that's exactly what is happening. Their new fighter looks just like the F22, though admittedly it doesn't have the thrust vectoring tech, that no doubt is forthcoming since we exported all our rocketry and missile tech to China under the era of the Cox Report and Chinagate. *

*see the reignal years of William Jefferson "Bubba" Clinton.

Therefore, in true occult fashion, they are spelling out their plan in front of the sheep. That is the nature of the occult working. Hidden in plain site, the choice of the victims (Americans and Chinese both) is volitional. Marxism infects in many ways, not just through income taxation and methods like that, but in deeply occult killings called "wars".

Anyway, I am trying to explain to you, that I didn't invent the idea of hiding tech exports by claiming they were "stolen", it's been a long known way to act treasonously from a "business" position, while shielded. Perhaps you didn't know that drugs and weapons are the two most profitable trades on Earth? Perhaps you didn't know that the Chinese mafia controls burma and the adherent provinces that produce at least 70% of the US heroin? And did you know that the Columbian cartel swaps coke with the Papal mafia, in exchange for heroin? Therefore with such transaction, can you imagine how they need to clear these transaction, in material fashion? Do you know anything about money laundering, at all? Do you have any info or any thoughts or any analysis to offer? If not, then do you have any honest questions? Please do type at length so I can help you understand.

The US Congress just allowed 30k drones to fill the skies of future US generations. If you can't see what I'm saying, you are not mentally equipped for the conversation.
edit on 14-2-2012 by smallpeeps because: hmm yeah

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join