It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran displays captured US drone

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If what is being shown is the authentic wreckage, the lack of fire damage strongly suggests the drone was out of fuel when it contacted terra firma.

Sometimes airplanes break, especially new ones.

Perhaps there was a loose washer or a technician accidently left a tool inside of a maintenance panel that jammed a flight control surface and the drone made cuban 8's in the sky until it ran out of fuel and the autonomous flight software landed it as gently as it could?

Maybe there was a software glitch that reset the communications uplink and garbled the flight program causing the drone to turn 090 and fly straight and level until the fuel was exhausted...

etc... etc...

I don't know enough about these systems to definitively say that the Iranian claims are impossible but they are highly suspect.

There are without a doubt multiple redundancies protecting the vehicle from a takeover by a hostile operator, unless somebody found a back door civilian encryption such as AES-256 would make it impossible much less anything developed to be secure for a military application.

It has been commented publically since the early days of the MQ-1 Predator that these aircraft use sophisticated navigation software designed specifically to allow the drone to fly its mission and return autonomously in the event of heavy jamming or loss of contact with its controller.

IF the Iranians did somehow manage to take control of the aircraft, they have got to be the worst poker players on the planet.

Think about it, the whole western world (whose militaries are increasingly becoming reliant on unmanned drone technology) are threatening armed interdiction. The Iranians develop a one shot technological intelligence coup of this magnitude and they waste it on an unarmed reconnaissance flight?

Does anyone honestly believe the Iranian intelligence community are so near sighted to tip the drone operators to their hand so that the appropriate countermeasures can be put in place to make sure that it doesn't happen again?

The realistic explanation is that the drone "went stupid" and ran out of fuel and crashed in Iranian territory, the Iranians recovered the wreckage reasonably intact. Somebody had the smart idea to spin the story to claim they had taken control of the aircraft, flown it down and captured it in the hopes of spooking the U.S. into second guessing the security of the drone fleet operating against Iran.

The simplest story is always the best

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
reply to post by spoonbender

There are more images than the ones your referring to, just go to cryptome.org for example, scroll down and have a look see. They have a few hires images.
edit on 9-12-2011 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

Starting at the third photo.
edit on 9-12-2011 by ADVISOR because: of link embed and note to scroll to third image of linked site

thanks for the direction
but to no a vale do I find more
pics... maybe just me ...maybe they took them down

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Where is the picture of Osama I'm not convinced. Pix or it didn't happen

forgive me pro
you'll have to take that thing
out of your mouth...
because I can't understand
what your saying

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by willnot
New theory
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you have a different source than an anonymous entry from "The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum"?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
This is just like catching the husband in the bed with the mistress. What is the USA gonna do about it. It's a catch 22. If they admit it was on a mission they are admitting to violating sovereign airspace and meddling in foreign affairs. If they say no then they are admitting that stealth drone technology is not invincible.

Agreed. Not only that, but Iran is not ignorant, or stupid. They will back engineer that drone and build their own, or build a counter-measure against them. They will also have the "stealth" technology, which was also back engineered from a downed craft of extraterrestrial design. This tech is not simply paint, it rather involves a "time bubble" that the craft is in from inception. This is what makes it invisible.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by K1771gnorance

Dont sweat the small stuff.

You are one of the few posters in this thread contributing what seem to be verifiable facts rather than rumor and speculation.

If nothing else I am listening carefully to what you are saying. I am sure there are quite a few others following your train of thought as well.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by willnot
New theory
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you have a different source than an anonymous entry from "The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum"?

I've traced and studied this this guys posts since July and they all adding up.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
im going to laugh my ass off when they find out this things infected with stuxnet part 2.

i dont know why everybody is worried about this technology anyway. its 40 years old for crying out loud. talk about old hat....

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I am of the same opinion, that it was hijacked via signal intercept.

Of course only time will tell.

Yes, that is my guess.

The Iranians simply set up some GPS jammers around the flight path of the drone.

The drone lost the GPS signal and followed its program to circle and look for a GPS signal.

It eventually ran out of fuel and crashed.
----------
I guess now would be a good time to change the onboard program.

IF GPS SIGNAL = 0 THEN CHANGE COURSE TO DUE WEST FOR 30 MINUTES.

edit on 9-12-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Close your ears all u want but the truth does hurt. Here we have pix of the craft and yet Obama can't release Osama pix? Who is more credible, seems the Iranians are. Pix or it didn't happen

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

K1771gnorance

I contend that your theory is very plausible, how ever I must side with Dimitri Dzengalshlevi on this and say they more than likely did hijack it. Because if it lost signal it would have RTB'd aka returned to base, not glided down into a hostile environment where they are usually going to be deployed.

That would be an asinine protocol or feature for commo error and or loss.
edit on 9-12-2011 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

There is a option to this theory.

If the UAV looses its signal, it is programmed to return to base. To return to base the UAV most likely would need a guidance beacon to inform the flight control in the UAV where to fly.

What if Iran jammed the signal and the guidance beacon of the US. And created their own beacon signal some where in Iran This can be done if the UAV is inside Iranian air space. Where the jamer is between the US base and the UAV. The UAV will fly to where the new home beacon is located.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Nah there still up, I checked before replying. Besides, John don't just allow his material to be removed for no reason.

I can post the linked url for the images, see below;

cryptome.org...

cryptome.org...

cryptome.org...

cryptome.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

its not my fault you cant read my posts properly. lets review what i said.

this drone was most likely brought down by the Iranians using electronic warfare. Not saying they took control but did enough to stop the drone working as normal probably causing it to crash

Looks like it was electronic warfare of some kind. Here's the iranians version.

actually taking control seems unlikely but you never know. They may have managed to disable the drone electronically in some way causing it to land.

diffirence between you and me is i'm not saying i know anything for definite but you are. It just makes you look nieve like the poeple who said china could never hack the pentagon before 20gb was stolen.

Now lets look at what you said on page 14

The only way to down the drones would be with physical force. That is all I am saying.

this is what i'm arguing against. I think they used some form of EW to disable the drone but you claim thats not possible. This is where the diffirence of opinion is. I hope thats clear enough for you to understand

edit on 9-12-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

will you stop obsessing and rambling over "pics"?

theres plenty of osama death pics floating around the internet. and they are all just as fake as this little RC plane.

when iran has the thing up and running and flying over dallas then go ahead and run around screaming in panic with your arms flailing.

until then......ess tee eff yew.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
too me this was a deliberate propaganda effort (well not so much propaganda as a warning) to the citizens of Iran who might not just believe that War is close at hand. Up until now it has been a war of words and empty threats. It may be a Drone that was purposely put out as bait - stripped of anything usefull other than the flight shape. Now today I am seeing stories of Iranians who NOW realize that war maybe coming to them...just me but I can see an uprising of citizens of all works of lifw begin to destabilize Tehran ... time will tell

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Syria's major pipeline headed to refinery attacked. Smoke trail as far as the eye can see. www.bbc.co.uk... Iran gets this drone and syria gets their pipeline blown.

Interesting twist. Keep everyone else busy while continue to blow up key targets?
Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by TheOdogg

This is why the Air Force cannot even consider reducing the human pilot program. Indeed there are risks, yes, human risks. However the SR-71, U-2, and Shuttle programs were all voluntary programs. Nobody put a gun to their heads to join. The brave and honorable, are always willing to sacrifice their lives for the freedom that they earn, and we enjoy.
Drones, are exactly that, drones. Jam them, or cut their tether, and they become nothing more or less, than another traitor.
May G_D bless our pilots
Go Blue, Go Air Force!

edit on 8-12-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

Really? You want to risk a life over a drone? So we lost a drone, and no they didn't take it over, and if they jammed it the plane can still fly on its own logic. As I have said, I would bet it lost an engine, and that is all Think if one of our pilots lost an engine and ended up in their hands....I like this situation much better.

Drones are design to be lost or sacrificed over the chance of a lost American life.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

Interesting point.

There are several particle drones which are sprayed into the air but trackable. Supposedly they were used in collecting Intel in Afghanistan as well. DARPA has a lot of goodies that we can't fathom.

However only time will tell what really occured in Iran.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

There is a option to this theory.

If the UAV looses its signal, it is programmed to return to base. To return to base the UAV most likely would need a guidance beacon to inform the flight control in the UAV where to fly.

What if Iran jammed the signal and the guidance beacon of the US. And created their own beacon signal some where in Iran This can be done if the UAV is inside Iranian air space. Where the jamer is between the US base and the UAV. The UAV will fly to where the new home beacon is located.

No... it just navigates home using on board logic...no such thing as a beacon. The UAV I fly is nowhere near as sophisticated as this and we do not get "taken over", ever, and if we are jammed or loose com it will fly home and auto land based on preset timer and coordinates.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join